A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Cortisol rushes

[Ma...]

Hi so I’m wondering if anyone’s cortisol pattern has seemed the same as mine. I see people saying they are awoken from sleep with anxiety. Mine is different. It’s 60-90 minutes after I wake up my entire body is stressed, I’m hyperstimulated, and sometimes I have full out dysphoria. Cortisol increases with meals and this gets WAY worse after I eat. So I’m basically suicidal dysphoric for 1-4 hours after every meal. I’ve been this way for 13 MONTHS. Does this get better? Doesn’t matter when I wake up, what I eat, what I do in the morning. And my cortisol levels are extremely LOW! So my nervous system is just incredibly screwed up and hypersensitive. 

My cortisol rushes didn't wake me either. They would hit within minutes after awakening. That totally went away after about 15 months.

I felt super sick all over after eating too. That symptom has been going up and down over the months. When it's better it's more better each window. I'm at 20 months.

Hang in there, it'll all get better.

It's hard to say. I was so sick for so long.  I remember I would wake up feeling good and just wait for a few minutes then boom ,I was sick for the rest of the day. It would fade a little in the evenings. As far as depressed, I would say yes but I saw it more as frustration. I was very determined.

I still get a different kinds of sick but it is all from the stomach. I get different symptoms all over  at different times but somehow I can tell it comes from the stomach and not the brain any longer.

But I am always improving. It's true that time is the only proven healer. I tried many supplements and doctors.

Hang in there. Patience and acceptance is the only way through. Sucks...

• Love 1

[jo...]

I sometimes get this horrible hungover feeling, or like I've been poisoned or something. I can feel it all over me, in my veins and in my brain. I wonder if thats the cortisol.

Edited by [jo...]

Sometimes I use the hangover analogy to try and convey what this experience is like.

"A months long worse hangover ever with flu and a stomach bug."