A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Would someone kindly provide an answer to this question?

[Re...]

Does anyone know the reason why symptoms get WORSE after eating? After I eat, no matter what it is, and I eat VERY healthy the inner vibration and tinnitus always get worse and I cannot for the life of my understand why. I have to eat and this is extremely distressing. It also worries me that this will not go away. I do notice the skin burning sensations that have increased after eating are a LITTLE better. I get the pins and needles like a chill that runs over my body.

I eat as low histamine as I can, no gluten/dairy/sugar, low glycemic, etc. Not taking any supplements or drugs of any kind -- 100% off of everything at this point, also limiting chemical exposures. So there is nothing else that I can imagine that could be causing this.

[Cr...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

Does anyone know the reason why symptoms get WORSE after eating? After I eat, no matter what it is, and I eat VERY healthy the inner vibration and tinnitus always get worse and I cannot for the life of my understand why. I have to eat and this is extremely distressing. It also worries me that this will not go away. I do notice the skin burning sensations that have increased after eating are a LITTLE better. I get the pins and needles like a chill that runs over my body.

I eat as low histamine as I can, no gluten/dairy/sugar, low glycemic, etc. Not taking any supplements or drugs of any kind -- 100% off of everything at this point, also limiting chemical exposures. So there is nothing else that I can imagine that could be causing this.

Without getting too technical with medical terms, I believe it has to do with the GI tract having lots of Gaba and Glutamate receptors. They call the gut our 2nd brain for a reason.

Everything your body/brain needs to make new cells, neurottansmitters, etc.. comes from the nutrients absorbed in our GI tract. When our gaba/glut system is going through the repair process to reach post-benzo homeostasis, there will probably be times were the glutamate(excitatory) receptors are far more active due to upregulation while our gaba receptors(inhibitory) are less active due to downregulation.

My theory goes that while certain types of foods may have some noticeable negative effects on symptoms moreso than other types, it may not be so much the types of food as it is the digestion process itself and that your glutamate receptors in your gut will be far more active after you eat than your gaba receptors due to imbalances in recovery.

Also, since symptoms are viewed as a sign of heavy repairwork being done, one can surmise that the uptick in symptoms after eating a relatively healthy meal is a sign that your body is using the nutrients to make positive changes. Unfortunately those changes require that you bear with the unpleasant side effects of construction.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 3

[Re...]
3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Without getting too technical with medical terms, I believe it has to do with the GI tract having lots of Gaba and Glutamate receptors. They call the gut our 2nd brain for a reason.

Everything your body/brain needs to make new cells, neurottansmitters, etc.. comes from the nutrients absorbed in our GI tract. When our gaba/glut system is going through the repair process to reach post-benzo homeostasis, there will probably be times were the glutamate(excitatory) receptors are far more active due to upregulation while our gaba receptors(inhibitory) are less active due to downregulation.

My theory goes that while certain types of foods may have some noticeable negative effects on symptoms moreso than other types, it may not be so much the types of food as it is the digestion process itself and that your glutamate receptors in your gut will be far more active after you eat than your gaba receptors due to imbalances in recovery.

Also, since symptoms are viewed as a sign of heavy repairwork being done, one can surmise that the uptick in symptoms after eating a relatively healthy meal is a sign that your body is using the nutrients to make positive changes. Unfortunately those changes require that you bear with the unpleasant side effects of construction.

May I ask where you are getting this information? Can you provide me with links so I can see the source and read more about this?