A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

I hate all my clothes

[An...]

This has to be the taper and Benzos I hate all my clothes I can’t stand looking at my cupboard I have bought so much new clothes and I still feel like I have nothing to wear and I hate everything I have spent over 4,000 on new clothes and I still hate everything that I own 

• Like 1

[Kr...]
6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

This has to be the taper and Benzos I hate all my clothes I can’t stand looking at my cupboard I have bought so much new clothes and I still feel like I have nothing to wear and I hate everything I have spent over 4,000 on new clothes and I still hate everything that I own 

Could be the anhedonia/lack of feeling causing the inability to feel satisfaction or fulfillment from anything including clothing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[da...]

Well, at least you functional enough to go shopping. Just saying. Look on the bright side

• Sad 1

[Cr...]
3 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Could be the anhedonia/lack of feeling causing the inability to feel satisfaction or fulfillment from anything including clothing. 

Krissirk's post was my first thought as well. It is probably hard to feel positive emotions while in your current state @[An...], so you are interpreting your negative/indifferent feelings when you look at your outfits as though you don't care for any of them.

This scenario can also affect how one thinks they feel about friends and family.. causing distress because they believe they no longer love/care for them.

I wouldn't make any drastic choices like getting rid of your wardrobe or buying lots of new clothes until you are well into recovery.

• Like 1

[An...]
On 12/06/2024 at 02:07, [[d...] said:

Well, at least you functional enough to go shopping. Just saying. Look on the bright side

I shop online :/ 

[An...]
On 12/06/2024 at 05:11, [[C...] said:

Krissirk's post was my first thought as well. It is probably hard to feel positive emotions while in your current state @[An...], so you are interpreting your negative/indifferent feelings when you look at your outfits as though you don't care for any of them.

This scenario can also affect how one thinks they feel about friends and family.. causing distress because they believe they no longer love/care for them.

I wouldn't make any drastic choices like getting rid of your wardrobe or buying lots of new clothes until you are well into recovery.

I agree with this 

[An...]
On 12/06/2024 at 01:07, [[L...] said:

depression. spending trying to cheer yourself. 

Yes