Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Throwing away the pills

Thanks . I have some pills left . Just five . How come its so hard to throw them away? I feel sad about not doing it . Its as scary as jumping.

I don't know why except that it's like jumping off a cliff.  Kinda scary right?  May you find the courage to take that jump.

I felt too good today to even think about taking another pill.  I threw them out the window one by one  into the night.

Sigma0123, I admit too that I also felt good for about 10 years on Ativan, especially when I was on low doses. I slept good, felt great everyday and had a life. If it were not for tolerence I would have probably just stayed on them forever.

I felt too good today to even think about taking another pill.  I threw them out the window one by one  into the night.

Congrats Honey ... so proud of you ... hope the stray dogs don't eat them.  Did you see that movie "28 days" with Sandra Bullock?  She went out the window and broke her leg going after the pills she tossed out the window while at the treatment center?  Did you see that?

[63...]

That's got a poetic tune to it.

Hi Sigma  and Whoopsie,

As I was writing it, it sounded good.

Whoopsie I did just the opposite: I am recovering from a broken ankle from 10 weeks ago .

Coming down the driveway  I was also on Valium at the time . Im lucky thats all I broke .  :stretcher:  :) Im recovery nicely in both departments .

Oh boy ... a broken ankle ... that had to be rough!!!  Thank God that that is healing too.  Were you just walking when it happened?  Benzo's suck.

I have a lot of pills left and once I jump, I am hesitant to throw those away.  I have no intention of taking any however feel kinda' "safe" knowing they are here....which I know is silly as they are not "safe" at all....I had doctors abruptly leave their practice and I had to worry about where to get the xanax and I did get it however didn't want to have to worry again....I have tapered from 0.5 3 x a day to .0625 1 x a day starting today and I started tapering in March 2011. 

I know when I jump and am okay for a few weeks, I will be glad to throw these pills away.  I am sure of that.

Gail  "This too shall pass".

Hey thunder , you will throw them away when you know you never want to go back. This takes time and dont worry , you know when you have to do it. I just thought this; if I take another pill ,... then Ill have to take another and start this garbage all over again... NO WAY!

Hey Whoopsie, Yes I was just walking down the driveway and fell into a little gully that the snow and rain made . Getting better every day now.  :smitten: