Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

[PE...]
4 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I don't know about symptoms but my stresslevels have peaked quite a lot since quitting benzos. I used to be calm thinking: "Oh I don't need the stress. I have benzo." 

Now I'm thinking: "My body and mind are in panic mode since I'm not using benzos anymore!". 

I'm afraid to check my blood pressure but I will have to do it tomorrow.

It seems like I have two options: Either I stress about not knowing the numbers or I take the test and use BP-meds.

How the f do I stop worrying?! Thanks y'all!

I'm also taking bp medication. I had a few incidents were i had to call an ambulance when i was early out. I just got really weird bp spikes! 140/252 was my highest. They had to give me IV with medication. It haven't happened in a few months now..it could come from nowhere! I have a tumour in the glands that produce a stress hormone. Not the best combo with a benzo wd!

[in...]
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I'm also taking bp medication. I had a few incidents were i had to call an ambulance when i was early out. I just got really weird bp spikes! 140/252 was my highest. They had to give me IV with medication. It haven't happened in a few months now..it could come from nowhere! I have a tumour in the glands that produce a stress hormone. Not the best combo with a benzo wd!

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you're ok now!

Edited by [in...]

[PE...]
7 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you're ok now!

It's not cancer and I'm removing the whole gland.. small operation not much can happen. If they don't drop the scalpel on the operation table :alien:

[De...]
3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

It's not cancer and I'm removing the whole gland.. small operation not much can happen. If they don't drop the scalpel on the operation table :alien:

Will your BP go back to normal after that surgery?

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[D...] said:

Will your BP go back to normal after that surgery?

We don't know. But it will get better for sure.. I read that 10% of everyone having high BP have the same problem as i. They found it 10 years ago by a accident 

[De...]

I hope it will help you! I had some mild problems with BP during wd (never before that in my life) it was little bit scary. 🫣

[in...]
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Oh ok. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though! 🤞🤞

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

Oh ok. I still keeping my fingers crossed though! 🤞🤞

Thanks buddy :)

[in...]

So what am I supposed to do until tomorrow morning? I can't stop thinking about the fkn blood pressure. I should be fine though. But still.

It kind of bugs me that I'm going to have to be hooked on something again.

I guess that's just a part of life.

[in...]
41 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Can you try to distract yourself somehow?  

How? Any suggestions? I always get stuck overthinking stuff!

[De...]

Try to do something that you really like And What you are ably to do now. For me walk outside was good distraction And anything that made me get up And move around. Showers And baths were good too! But they don’t last long 👀 try to relax with some movie or something you find interesting to Watch Maybe. 

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[D...] said:

Try to do something that you really like And What you are ably to do now. For me walk outside was good distraction And anything that made me get up And move around. Showers And baths were good too! But they don’t last long 👀 try to relax with some movie or something you find interesting to Watch Maybe. 

The walk will last for an hour. Maybe a shower and a movie afterwards. That's three hours. Maybe watch YouTube for an hour. That's four. Maybe I'll do some cleaning and the dishes. That's 5 maybe 6 hours. That's half a day. I'm out of ideas 😅

• Like 2

[De...]

I Made a list with things I can do And every day I tried to add something on that list. It is dificult to really distract yourself but when you do diferent things at least time fly faster! And that is something I guess. 
so i don’t know What are your interest. On my list I had many lady like things, like taking care of my Skin, hair, taking care of flowers, doing lot of gardening work. Making And drinking tea (that is like 20 minutes) make a call to someone who  know What is happening to me for a little talk (even if i wasnt interested in talks). But I was really desparete And even small task when I had them a lot helped me to have a pass time quicker. Dificult thing is that most of the time i did things without any thinking, only to do something without any pleasure or satisftaction😒 but if you have something that still give you plesure do that! 

• Love 1

[in...]

Day 12 will be over soon.

I survived going to the doctors office yesterday and I saw my psychiatrist today. I'm still alive so that's a good sign 😅 Jokes aside.

It looks like I'm going for my first swim in about a year tomorrow. It's gonna take about two hours.

I'll report back here once I'm done! .

I hope everything is well with all of you. Feel free to write something if you're bored or just feel like talking! I'm here. 

Peace and love people 💯✌️❤️

• Like 1

[in...]

I'm back from swimming! It was kind of relaxing. Of course I was on my toes but still. It felt really good afterwards because 1. I actually went there. 2. I'm going again soon.

My body wants to retire early but that's cus' I'm not used to moving around. I'll get used to it though!

Thanks for the support guys! You're just awesome. All of you! 💯❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[in...]

So the bruxism has returned. Have you guys had this problem? I don't want to go to a dentist for this.

[De...]

So strange. I had that problem while on clonasepn  And my dentist told me to come back after I am off my meds And then he will see What is really happening. Now that I am off I don’t have that problem. Dentist can make protection for that. You had that problem before meds?

[in...]
11 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

So strange. I had that problem while on clonasepn  And my dentist told me to come back after I am off my meds And then he will see What is really happening. Now that I am off I don’t have that problem. Dentist can make protection for that. You had that problem before meds?

Yeah I've had it for 5-10 years maybe. So it happened way before I started with the Clonazepam.

[Pa...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

So the bruxism has returned. Have you guys had this problem?

From the Ashton manual

Muscle symptoms. Benzodiazepines are efficient muscle relaxants and are used clinically for spastic conditions ranging from spinal cord disease or injury to the excruciating muscle spasms of tetanus or rabies. It is therefore not surprising that their discontinuation after long-term use is associated with a rebound increase in muscle tension. This rebound accounts for many of the symptoms observed in benzodiazepine withdrawal. Muscle stiffness affecting the limbs, back, neck and jaw are commonly reported, and the constant muscle tension probably accounts for the muscle pains which have a similar distribution. Headaches are usually of the "tension headache" type, due to contraction of muscles at the back of the neck, scalp and forehead - often described as a "tight band around the head". Pain in the jaw and teeth is probably due to involuntary jaw clenching, which often occurs unconsciously during sleep.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

[in...]
4 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

From the Ashton manual

Muscle symptoms. Benzodiazepines are efficient muscle relaxants and are used clinically for spastic conditions ranging from spinal cord disease or injury to the excruciating muscle spasms of tetanus or rabies. It is therefore not surprising that their discontinuation after long-term use is associated with a rebound increase in muscle tension. This rebound accounts for many of the symptoms observed in benzodiazepine withdrawal. Muscle stiffness affecting the limbs, back, neck and jaw are commonly reported, and the constant muscle tension probably accounts for the muscle pains which have a similar distribution. Headaches are usually of the "tension headache" type, due to contraction of muscles at the back of the neck, scalp and forehead - often described as a "tight band around the head". Pain in the jaw and teeth is probably due to involuntary jaw clenching, which often occurs unconsciously during sleep.

Ooooh... So there might be quiet a big chance of me needing extra magnesium 😲

[in...]

@[Pa...] I'm actually going to go look for some type of "allround" magnesium today and I'm going to start taking it! Thank you so much for your support! 💯👑

• Like 1