Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

[in...]
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Ok no problem here just wanted to give you a heads up.

I also hurt my back years ago on more than one occasion and had been doing fine for years but then I got dramatically worse out of nowhere. No one told me there was a connection to benzos so I just thought I'd try to be nice and let you know that there is a correlation and it seems to be quite common 

But anyway ..

Good luck with everything

I can kind of see the connection between benzos and my back. The meds made my muscles relax and now that I'm off them my back is weak from the muscles not having to work so to speak. I'll bounce back though. It takes some time, that's all! 😊

[Em...]
7 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I can kind of see the connection between benzos and my back. The meds made my muscles relax and now that I'm off them my back is weak from the muscles not having to work so to speak. I'll bounce back though. It takes some time, that's all! 😊

Of course you will bounce back! ;) 

[Cr...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

Just do some gentle back exercises. Don't go overboard or you will end up like him.

bane-dark-knight-rises-b25899c4fb5c40ed8697e9954af8dcbc.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I got injured at work about 20 years ago. So I know where the pain is coming from. It just flared up quite a lot since I got off the meds.

I guess it must be because all our feelings, pain included, is madly multiplied due to the withdrawal for lots of us. We can feel much worse than it's in fact. It should get back to its usual level as the acute+ phase is over. I went to a neurologist when my muscle pain reached "unbearable". She checked and said that there was smth a bit wrong with the muscles but it couldn't cause that awful pain. And it's really getting better now and by itself, slowly though.

Wishing you healing!:balloon:

[De...]

I had back pain too, muscle and spine pain in back. Nothing helped, I even went to massage (which I hate😂) now it’s gone! 

Its always good idea to check it out And be sure that everything is ok! Keep us updated 👌

[in...]
13 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I had back pain too, muscle and spine pain in back. Nothing helped, I even went to massage (which I hate😂) now it’s gone! 

Its always good idea to check it out And be sure that everything is ok! Keep us updated 👌

There's usually two types of doctors: The ones that care and the ones that don't.

I have never seen this doctor before, so I don't know anything about her. 

That in itself makes me nervous lol 😅

[De...]

Don’t be nervouse. You have nothing to loose (exept Maybe money it you are paying for doctor 😀) let her check your back And you will know after that is it just wd or you have to do some work on back to improve it!

[in...]
13 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Don’t be nervouse. You have nothing to loose (exept Maybe money it you are paying for doctor 😀) let her check your back And you will know after that is it just wd or you have to do some work on back to improve it!

We have this system in my country where you pay for 10 visits-ish depending on what type of doctor you meet and then it's free for the rest of the year basically! I think this'll be my last time paying so my visit to the psychiatrist will be free tomorrow!

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

Depending on what the doc says I'm gonna start swimming ASAP. Everywhere I look online people are talking about exercise being the number one thing to aim for.

[De...]

I hope everything will turn out to be good And you will be able to start with swimming soon 🍀

[in...]
Posted (edited)

I just got home from the doctors office! As it turns out I'm free to exercise since all my back problems are muscular ones. This means I can start swimming this week if I feel like it! Woohoooo!! 😀😀😀

I figured I might as well. Today I'm going to relax though. Maybe I'll relax tomorrow as well. At least I'm gonna start exercising soon! I hope you all are having a great day! 💯❤️

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 3

[De...]

I am so glad that everything went Well! And another thing too! Lets not forget that you went out today And you were ok with that! That is huge step too! 
now relax you deserve it! ☀️ 

• Love 1

[in...]
2 hours ago, [[D...] said:

I am so glad that everything went Well! And another thing too! Lets not forget that you went out today And you were ok with that! That is huge step too! 
now relax you deserve it! ☀️

That's true! Lol

I was so busy thinking about what was going to happen in the actual office that I didn't even think about that I was outside walking haha! Oh wow. Afterwards I was so happy with the results (and that I made it out alive 😅) that I concentrated on music and talking on the phone instead lol. Was way easier than I thought.

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)

So day 11 is coming to an end.

I made it to the doctors office and back home without a scratch 😅! My back is ok which means I can start exercising again! This is great news since I thought I would have to stay in bed forever!

So I'm going to start walking and swimming real soon.

Thanks for being there for me during these tough times @everyone!

Feel free to ask me questions or write me something if you feel like talking! I might not be in the shape of my life but still. I do what I can to support y'all the way you're here for me! Let's goooo!! 💯❤️

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 3

[in...]

Day 12.

So I've got to be honest here: It just feels like I'm waking up every morning hoping for the day to end before it even started, so that I can tell myself: "Oh well done! One more day without benzos!".

But all I do every day is think about my blood pressure and how it must've gone from "ok" to very high since I stopped taking benzos. I don't have the balls to check it out. I'm just so afraid of the numbers on that display. I know it's going to make me freak out once I see the results. I do have blood pressure meds for if that happens. But still. I just can't stop thinking about this... Help!!!

[De...]

Why do you think it must be high? Do you have simptoms of high presure now? Anyway you have meds for that so even if its high then you can take meds And feel better? 

[in...]
2 hours ago, [[D...] said:

Why do you think it must be high? Do you have simptoms of high presure now? Anyway you have meds for that so even if its high then you can take meds And feel better? 

I don't know about symptoms but my stresslevels have peaked quite a lot since quitting benzos. I used to be calm thinking: "Oh I don't need the stress. I have benzo." 

Now I'm thinking: "My body and mind are in panic mode since I'm not using benzos anymore!". 

I'm afraid to check my blood pressure but I will have to do it tomorrow.

It seems like I have two options: Either I stress about not knowing the numbers or I take the test and use BP-meds.

How the f do I stop worrying?! Thanks y'all!

[De...]

Well its probably just your overthinking. But, like with your Backs, its better to check it to know. Its better to know if its high And drink med And finish thinking about it 😀 

i know it is easy to say it than to do it 🍀

Edited by [De...]

[in...]
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Well its probably just your overthinking. But, like with your Backs, its better to check it to know. Its better to know if its high And drink med And finish thinking about it 😀 

i know it is easy to say it than to do it 🍀

You are 100% right though. I'm overthinking. It would be better to check it than to just ignore it! Yes. It's me overthinking lol!

Edited by [in...]

[Pa...]
19 hours ago, [[i...] said:

So I'm going to start walking and swimming real soon.

If your blood pressure is high, doing these activities should help lower it. 

• Like 2

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

Did you check it?🫣

I'm going to check it every morning when I wake up. This way I'll know what the actual numbers are supposed to be. I'll get back to you guys after 5-7 days.

• Like 1

[in...]
33 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

If your blood pressure is high, doing these activities should help lower it. 

That's true! That's for the long run too. If I keep swimming that is!