Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

[Cr...]
40 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Thank you, and oh yes! I'm going to make it. Sooner or later. I'm so curious to see what's on the other side. I haven't been on that side for years now, so it's going to be interesting for sure!

You gonna celebrate tomorrow with a symbolic gesture? Maybe throw a happy funeral by burying your old pill bottle in the back yard (beware of litter citations).

Whatever you do, I concur with Kate about not diving into alcohol right away. Give yourself lots of time to heal and even then be mindful. 

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Love 1

[PE...]
15 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Day 6 is here and I didn't think I was gonna make it this far to be honest.

I am kind of hoping to wake up one of these days and start feeling really good. Even though I know that won't happen any time soon.

Getting kind of desperate. I'm looking for reassurance. Can anyone convince me I'm doing the right thing here?

I just can't understand how people can get through this pain every day for weeks and months. Where's the turning point?

Should I do something differently? Am I missing something obvious here? What am I supposed to do? Just sit around and think happy thoughts?

Yes it suppose to be like this. It will get better you are in the thick of it.. 2-3 weeks was my worse time.

• Love 2

[in...]
37 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

You gonna celebrate tomorrow with a symbolic gesture? Maybe throw a happy funeral by burying your old pill bottle in the back yard (beware of litter citations).

Whatever you do, I concur with Kate about not diving into alcohol right away. Give yourself lots of time to heal and even then be mindful. 

I quit drinking over 3 years ago, so that's not gonna be an issue! Thanks for the support! It's much appreciated 💯 🙏 

• Like 2

[in...]
35 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Yes it suppose to be like this. It will get better you are in the thick of it.. 2-3 weeks was my worse time.

One month. I can live with that. It's going to be so worth it in the end! I hope everything is well with you! 💯

[PE...]
34 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

One month. I can live with that. It's going to be so worth it in the end! I hope everything is well with you! 💯

I'm ok thanks!

I'm 8 months out and had my time.. you got this :)

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)

Who am I kidding here? I thought I was going to start feeling better instantly now that the meds are out of my system. I know this is just the beginning of many waves/windows to come, plus I'm almost afraid of my feelings since I'm not used to dealing with them. Anyway...

I woke up with this extreme adrenaline rush today (an hour+ ago)! The worst one this far. I thought I was going to die for sure. I almost fainted from breathing too much. My heart was pounding like crazy and I started to sweat instantly.

I feel a little bit better now though. I had to lie down and breath for 5-10 minutes.

That normally happens from time to time and I know it's supposed to be this way, but again: It's never been this extreme before. Oh wow...

I've been up for about an hour and I'm already exhausted. That's from a cup of coffee and taking a shower lol.

I hope your morning's better than mine.

Any advice on how to handle these morning rushes?

Take care people! Thanks for the support 💯🙏

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 2

[Si...]

You could try some simple Tai Chi exercises. I find they help to slow my energy down when those rushes happen in the morning. Lots of examples available on YouTube ;) 

• Like 1

[or...]
15 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I quit drinking over 3 years ago, so that's not gonna be an issue! Thanks for the support! It's much appreciated 💯 🙏 

I'm totally with you on the alcohol.  I experimented during my taper and it made things worse for me even though all I had was "at the most" 2 five oz glasses.  Yes I counted because it was an experiment only ;) Just not worth it. 

Also, you'll get that first Window and it will be wonderful, timing seems different for everyone, but I have yet, in my time here at BB, to see anyone who hasn't gotten their Windows, oregonlady :hug:

• Love 1

[in...]
43 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I'm totally with you on the alcohol.  I experimented during my taper and it made things worse for me even though all I had was "at the most" 2 five oz glasses.  Yes I counted because it was an experiment only ;) Just not worth it. 

Also, you'll get that first Window and it will be wonderful, timing seems different for everyone, but I have yet, in my time here at BB, to see anyone who hasn't gotten their Windows, oregonlady :hug:

You give me hope! Thank you so much! I was kind of fed up after this first week, but now I believe again. I just need to be stubborn I guess 🙂

• Like 2

[or...]
23 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

You give me hope! Thank you so much! I was kind of fed up after this first week, but now I believe again. I just need to be stubborn I guess 🙂

Yes, my "stubborn" has come in very handy :hug::classic_love:

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[o...] said:

Yes, my "stubborn" has come in very handy :hug::classic_love:

You seem to be a really cool lady! Thanks again for the support! You're the best 💯

[or...]
8 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

You seem to be a really cool lady! Thanks again for the support! You're the best 💯

You seem pretty cool yourself ;) You are so welcome, and thanks for saying that to me as I haven't felt very cool for a long time.  I think my old self is coming back, slowly but surely :) ♥️ OL ;)

• Like 2

[in...]
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

You seem pretty cool yourself ;) You are so welcome, and thanks for saying that to me as I haven't felt very cool for a long time.  I think my old self is coming back, slowly but surely :) ♥️ OL ;)

You're gonna bounce back. It's all about time. I hate saying it because I have zero patience but I know it's true!

Edited by [in...]
  • Haha 1

[or...]
14 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

You're gonna bounce back. It's all about time. I hate saying it because I have zero patience but I know it's true!

I sure get the zero patience, it's like they say, careful what you pray for.  Patience is one thing I'd like to get a lot more of "back" one day, but sometimes, seems like the more I pray for it, the more things come into my life to test me :heybabe: But I do believe it's true when they say "it's all good" or working for the good ;) OL

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[o...] said:

I sure get the zero patience, it's like they say, careful what you pray for.  Patience is one thing I'd like to get a lot more of "back" one day, but sometimes, seems like the more I pray for it, the more things come into my life to test me :heybabe: But I do believe it's true when they say "it's all good" or working for the good ;) OL

One day we're gonna look back at this and smile. Now that's a promise! 😀

• Like 1
  • Love 2

[in...]
52 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Here comes another wave... Trying to breath but it's taking over... Oh how lovely 😅🙃🙃🙃

• Haha 1

[PE...]
26 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Here comes another wave... Trying to breath but it's taking over... Oh how lovely 😅🙃🙃🙃

That sense of humour is just what you will need! 

Just keep on..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[in...]

At least this first week will be over tomorrow. This means I'm not risking seizures and other complications.

These things have been in my head all week long. Now all I have in front of me is recovery and feeling better!

I knew it was worth it!

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow now!

I wish you all a great day! ❤️

Woohoooooo!!! Let's goooo!!! 💯😀🙏

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[in...]
40 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

You are doing great! 👌

One week! You are strong! 🤘

Yoo thank you so much! It's much appreciated! 💯❤️

• Love 1

[in...]
49 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

That sense of humour is just what you will need! 

Just keep on..

That's the plan bro! Thank you 🙏

• Like 1

[or...]
22 hours ago, [[C...] said:

now that's a funeral I wouldn't mind going to :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

[in...]

Good evening people! It's 10PM over here haha!

So. Today has been ok. 

What's creepy is tinnitus started ringing in my ears about an hour ago.

You guys know why? When will it go away? I know it's not dangerous, just annoying. 

Anyone? Thanks y'all!

[jo...]

Mine comes and goes when it feels like it. it tends to be worse when other symptoms flare up. It's impossible to tell you when it will go away as everybody really is different. For some people it gets really loud and intrussive but for me it's one of my lesser symptoms. Comes and goes and never too intrusive. Dont worry it will pass.

• Like 1

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

Mine comes and goes when it feels like it. it tends to be worse when other symptoms flare up. It's impossible to tell you when it will go away as everybody really is different. For some people it gets really loud and intrussive but for me it's one of my lesser symptoms. Comes and goes and never too intrusive. Dont worry it will pass.

Alright thanks brother!

Again: It's just annoying. I do have bruxism. I think it comes from stress because of WD. It should pass sometime soon. Hopefully 😅 

• Like 1