Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

9 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I've tried. Two of them are going: "Oh it can't be THAT bad!" and "You've been ok with this and that before! What's the problem?".

Sorry to hear that :classic_sad: It's so hard to explain to someone who hasn't been through it themselves. It's like we're in a different world.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Sorry to hear that :classic_sad: It's so hard to explain to someone who hasn't been through it themselves. It's like we're in a different world.

Tell me about it. Friends should ask questions because they care, not judge you even though they know nothing about WD.

For couple of months i was comunicating only with one friend and members of my family 😒

i didnt have energy for anyone. My phone was turned offf. I really needed time just for myself. 

• Like 1

Extremely fatigued in the afternoon. 

It's like I'm almost falling asleep walking around the apartment, even though I was perfectly fine 15 minutes earlier. It just comes out of nowhere. I start yawning and my eyes become all watery.

I eat and sleep the way I should. I exercise 3-4 days/week. Thinking about it I don't do much else.

Is this normal? Any tips?

Thanks all!

Fatigue is a common symptom, I never had it but I've read many others who suffer with it.  It should pass but it will probably be back, not much you can do but wait it out. 

• Like 1

even though it isnt a lot better, because you feel physically weak, staying active at all times is better. any distraction and keeping the body moving gives relief. maybe only 30% or something and adds a bit of fatigue but take what you can get. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

even though it isnt a lot better, because you feel physically weak, staying active at all times is better. any distraction and keeping the body moving gives relief. maybe only 30% or something and adds a bit of fatigue but take what you can get. 

I go swimming 3-4 days/week. That really helps me with the cortisol rushes. At least for the moment! Cortisol rushes will start again later during the day though. Maybe I need to go for a walk in the evening too. Do you have any suggestions?

1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

I go swimming 3-4 days/week. That really helps me with the cortisol rushes. At least for the moment! Cortisol rushes will start again later during the day though. Maybe I need to go for a walk in the evening too. Do you have any suggestions?

What's your experience of a cortisol rush exactly? Mine are in the morning and they wake me up. Although I'm not sure if thats cortisol or adrenaline. How would you describe it feels. I'm not sure whats what anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

i suggest washing the floors. folding clothes. walking. just dont have down time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

What's your experience of a cortisol rush exactly? Mine are in the morning and they wake me up. Although I'm not sure if thats cortisol or adrenaline. How would you describe it feels. I'm not sure whats what anymore.

happened to me and i read it here many times. i believe the consensus is that it is your body over reacting to the release of cortisol that gradually wakes you. hypersensitive to it atm likely. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

happened to me and i read it here many times. i believe the consensus is that it is your body over reacting to the release of cortisol that gradually wakes you. hypersensitive to it atm likely. 

Did you used to get them during the day? What effect would they have then.

Edited by [jo...]

around 3am each day if i managed to sleep at all. anytime i tried to nap. as a reaction to all stressors. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Cortisol = stress

Adrenaline = kick out of something

Day 26.

I just realized life becomes a big therapy session once you get off meds. Feelings and thoughts are catching up to me.

There's so much stuff that I've ignored during my benzo days. Oh my god. I've neglected so many people. Where do I start? What do I do?

Yeah, it's like a floodgate opening, and you're suddenly confronted with all the emotions, thoughts, and human relationships that were suppressed by the meds.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

51 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Day 26.

I just realized life becomes a big therapy session once you get off meds. Feelings and thoughts are catching up to me.

There's so much stuff that I've ignored during my benzo days. Oh my god. I've neglected so many people. Where do I start? What do I do?

Take every feeling you feel atm with a grain of salt. It's you brain waking up..

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Take every feeling you feel atm with a grain of salt. It's you brain waking up..

So just wait it out and things will come naturally? I do feel super sad though...

2 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

So just wait it out and things will come naturally? I do feel super sad though...

I think sadness is normal at this point.. having grief for your old self. It will be sorted out the brain is an incredible thing.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, [[A...] said:
Yeah, it's like a floodgate opening, and you're suddenly confronted with all the emotions, thoughts, and human relationships that were suppressed by the meds.

I knew this was coming. I just didn't know everything would come at me like a freakin' tsunami all at once! It's quite a lot to take in.... Jeeeesus....

• Like 2

Everything you feel is very normal. I had that too. Now i have it from time to time And in less intensity so its menagable. I think its just one more simptom of widrowal.  Its very hard to handle. 
Try not to overthink about things that happened And could life be diferent. Its just torture. Someone here write to me that i have to focus on future. On bulding new life for me. Not to live in the past. So turn around to your future. To your future self. Leave bad thing things in the past. 🍀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

Everything you feel is very normal. I had that too. Now i have it from time to time And in less intensity so its menagable. I think its just one more simptom of widrowal.  Its very hard to handle. 
Try not to overthink about things that happened And could life be diferent. Its just torture. Someone here write to me that i have to focus on future. On bulding new life for me. Not to live in the past. So turn around to your future. To your future self. Leave bad thing things in the past. 🍀

I'll try to keep that in mind. It's just hard to see the finish line when WD makes your vision blurry. It's nice to be reminded of these things from time to time! Thank you 🙏 

• Like 1

When things get hard just  try to get trough the day! We all have moments of sadness And fear And loss And regrets. Its not easy. But it will get better!

just keep on pushing 💪

you are stronger than you think you are at the moment💪

• Like 2

pay attention to peppe’s comment. you are feeling these things very strongly at the moment and with a clearer mind they wont be so overwhelming. strong dramatic urges to fix perceived wrongs you have done and the like should be resisted. you are feeling things too strongly and these memories will affect you less later and you can sort it out better then if it even needs sorting. your perception will change. 

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, [[A...] said:

That's exactly what it feels like: A floodgate opening. Because the feelings wouldn't get in line so that I could handle them one by one. Nooo!! These gates opened and eeeverything poured out all at once!! Felt kind of scary because I couldn't escape the situation. I don't know how to handle this in the future.