Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Tea is for hippies and people trying to find them self.

🙊

Maybe I've lost myself? Hmm?! 😅

I hope everything is well with you brother! 🙏

Day 20 without meds!

I think it's... day 5 without cortisol rushes in the morning...?

I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Now I'm just hoping for the akathisia to go away.

This should happen sometime between now and three months I hope.

Have a great day people! 💯❤️

15 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Tea is for hippies and people trying to find them self.

🙊

I lost myself in wd, no shame in that 🤘

peace 🇯🇲

• Like 1

So I went swimming again today!

I had to endure this extreme cortisol rush on the way to the bathhouse.

It all calmed down after 10-15 minutes of swimming. 

Any tips on how I should handle these cortisol rushes? They're draining my body and mind totally out of energy.

I'm at home now. I ate and took a shower. I'm just 100% exhausted. 

Thoughts?

42 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

So I went swimming again today!

I had to endure this extreme cortisol rush on the way to the bathhouse.

It all calmed down after 10-15 minutes of swimming. 

Any tips on how I should handle these cortisol rushes? They're draining my body and mind totally out of energy.

I'm at home now. I ate and took a shower. I'm just 100% exhausted. 

Thoughts?

Never mind!! I forgot to take my betablockers, that's all! I just took them so I should be ok lol!

Boom!! Three weeks without benzos!! 😀😀😀

Also no cortisol rush this morning! Day 6 without them! Feels great!

Speaking of meds.

As some of you might know, I forgot to take my betablockers yesterday. So I had to take them sometime around lunch! 

What am I supposed to do today? When should I take them? I usually take them in the morning! Thanks guys!

Congrats for 3 weeks off💪

Its no problem for beta blokator if you move time of taking it or even if you don’t take it some days And take again. They are not like benzo to Watch exactly same time 😀

Enjoy your day 🍀

• Like 2

Good morning ladies and gentlemen! How are you all doing? 

I've had a good nights sleep. I think!

Fell asleep around midnight. Woke up well rested around 07:00 even though I woke up once around 05:00 to go to the bathroom. I can't remember what used to be normal anymore!

Is it normal to wake up once/night and then go back to sleep?

Edited by [in...]

19 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Good morning ladies and gentlemen! How are you all doing? 

I've had a good nights sleep. I think!

Fell asleep around midnight. Woke up well rested around 07:00 even though I woke up once around 05:00 to go to the bathroom. I can't remember what used to be normal anymore!

Is it normal to wake up once/night and then go back to sleep?

Yeah if your brain have started to work again it is!! 

😁😁

• Like 1

So this huuuge wave (my first one) just just came out of nowhere like an hour ago. I'm three weeks out. Is this supposed to happen? I feel depressed. Like really sad 🙃 

Edited by [in...]

8 hours ago, [[i...] said:

So this huuuge wave (my first one) just just came out of nowhere like an hour ago. I'm three weeks out. Is this supposed to happen? I feel depressed. Like really sad 🙃 

I know I responded in your other topic, but I just wanted to reassure you that waves happen for no particular reason. You did not do anything wrong. Waves and windows are a normal part of the recovery process for many people.

What all symptoms did this wave bring on and are they still present?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I know I responded in your other topic, but I just wanted to reassure you that waves happen for no particular reason. You did not do anything wrong. Waves and windows are a normal part of the recovery process for many people.

What all symptoms did this wave bring on and are they still present?

I just felt really sad, you know? I woke up about 30 minutes ago. It's hard to describe. I feel like I have no energy left. Before this wave I felt motivated. I was determined to make it. Now I just don't care. Just that feeling of not knowing. I don't know how long these waves will last for. The worst part is I don't know when I will start feeling better. If I knew I could just go with it. As it stands right now we could be talking days. Could be months. In the worst case: Years!! I don't know what to do anymore. At the end of the day I just feel desperate...

9 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I just felt really sad, you know? I woke up about 30 minutes ago. It's hard to describe. I feel like I have no energy left. Before this wave I felt motivated. I was determined to make it. Now I just don't care. Just that feeling of not knowing. I don't know how long these waves will last for. The worst part is I don't know when I will start feeling better. If I knew I could just go with it. As it stands right now we could be talking days. Could be months. In the worst case: Years!! I don't know what to do anymore. At the end of the day I just feel desperate...

I woke up this morning and the wave was gone. Sleep seems to help allot! It's going to be interesting to see what will happen tomorrow!

• Like 1

How often do waves come and go in the beginning of WD? Like in general. I know it's hard to say but still. I've been of Clonazepam for 3+ weeks now. Please share your story people!

🤪

I had s feeling of 24/7. In begining they were very strong. Evening was the best. I wished i didnt have to go to sleep because morning was worst 🤮 like day repeated again  horor  

But i really cant tell because i didnt know of wave windows patern just knew that i am not feeling good. So i was very scared it that moment with a thought i am getting crazy 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

I woke up this morning and the wave was gone. Sleep seems to help allot! It's going to be interesting to see what will happen tomorrow!

Good to hear the wave has lifted. Keep the faith my friend and keep going despite the waxing and waning of SXs. Those wanes (aka windows) should get longer and longer with time off the drug. You have got this. I look forward to your success story one day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

How often do waves come and go in the beginning of WD? Like in general. I know it's hard to say but still. I've been of Clonazepam for 3+ weeks now. Please share your story people!

Besides staying away from benzos and alcohol there is no 'correct' path to recovery outside of time. Try not to get disappointed when you get a wave. Even if you exercise every day, eat healthy, and keep a positive attitude, that doesn't mean you can avoid waves or the general waxing and waning of symptoms.

You have fear of the unknown right now, causing you to focus on factors  like...

-when do waves happen?

-how often do they happen?

-how long do they last?

-when will they stop for good?

Those are not answers anyone can answer for you as they are too specific. Instead of focusing on what you don't know (and can't know), focus on what you do know like...

- waves are perfectly normal in withdrawal

- waves are a sign of healing

- they will eventually stop coming

- the symptoms from these waves can not harm you

- coffee is addictive!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

Good to hear the wave has lifted. Keep the faith my friend and keep going despite the waxing and waning of SXs. Those wanes (aka windows) should get longer and longer with time off the drug. You have got this. I look forward to your success story one day.

Yo thanks for the inspiring words! I love it! 🙏

52 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Besides staying away from benzos and alcohol there is no 'correct' path to recovery outside of time. Try not to get disappointed when you get a wave. Even if you exercise every day, eat healthy, and keep a positive attitude, that doesn't mean you can avoid waves or the general waxing and waning of symptoms.

You have fear of the unknown right now, causing you to focus on factors  like...

-when do waves happen?

-how often do they happen?

-how long do they last?

-when will they stop for good?

Those are not answers anyone can answer for you as they are too specific. Instead of focusing on what you don't know (and can't know), focus on what you do know like...

- waves are perfectly normal in withdrawal

- waves are a sign of healing

- they will eventually stop coming

- the symptoms from these waves can not harm you

- coffee is addictive!

"Coffee is addictive" 😎🤣😂🤣😂

Social anxiety is flaring up like crazy!! This is the scariest thing that happened to me since I started tapering! I'm having a hard time hanging out with my best friends!

I'll start sweating and stuttering. I can't look people in the eye. I feel restless all the time! I can't recognize myself!

What should I do?!

• Like 1

Do your friends know that you are going through withdrawals? If you haven't done so already, explaining everything to them might take the pressure off you. If they are true friends they should understand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Do your friends know that you are going through withdrawals? If you haven't done so already, explaining everything to them might take the pressure off you. If they are true friends they should understand.

I've tried. Two of them are going: "Oh it can't be THAT bad!" and "You've been ok with this and that before! What's the problem?".