Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

[in...]
13 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I know 🫤

Speaking of something else. I have one more weird thing going on: Sometimes (just out of nowhere) I get really tired during daytime. My head wants fall asleep but my body wants to keep going. My eyes want to slam shut just out of nowhere. Feels kind of creepy. Have you heard about something like this?

[De...]

Try to rest as much as you can. Our body is in awake state but deep down we are tired from everything that is going on. Its really dificult to relax 🫤🫤🫤

i guess everything that doesnt have logic is normal during the wd🫤

[in...]
Just now, [[D...] said:

Try to rest as much as you can. Our body is in awake state but deep down we are tired from everything that is going on. Its really dificult to relax 🫤🫤🫤

i guess everything that doesnt have logic is normal during the wd🫤

Good point. The only thing that causes issues is that all these things happening don't feel normal. I'm not used to being like this.

IF I ever get out of this thing I'm going to be stronger than ever coming out on the other side. I won't need much to be able to deal with life in general. It's going to be interesting for sure. I can't wait!

[De...]
8 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Good point. The only thing that causes issues is that all these things happening don't feel normal. I'm not used to being like this.

IF I ever get out of this thing I'm going to be stronger than ever coming out on the other side. I won't need much to be able to deal with life in general. It's going to be interesting for sure. I can't wait!

Everything about wd is so strange And doesnt make sense. Ofcourse you will get out of this thing And you will be so much stronger I am sure about it! This wd thing is so hard that we have to change And grow stronger to survive it!!! 
i guess that is What makes our life beautiful at the end! 🤘

keep pushing🤘

we will get trough this!!!

[in...]
18 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Everything about wd is so strange And doesnt make sense. Ofcourse you will get out of this thing And you will be so much stronger I am sure about it! This wd thing is so hard that we have to change And grow stronger to survive it!!! 
i guess that is What makes our life beautiful at the end! 🤘

keep pushing🤘

we will get trough this!!!

It's like having the worst hangover 24/7. If I would've known this would happen I would've stayed far away from benzos.

[De...]
3 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

It's like having the worst hangover 24/7. If I would've known this would happen I would've stayed far away from benzos.

Yessss! We need time machine ASAP! :)

• Haha 1

[in...]
Just now, [[D...] said:

Yessss! We need time machine ASAP! :)

I knew I forgot something 😅

• Love 1

[in...]

Day 16 is over soon!

It's been a hectic day with emotions running wild and a racing mind.

It's also been a day filled with laughter and happiness thanks to you! 🫱 I'm so thankful because y'all remind me that there's hope! So from the bottom of my heart: Thanks all! I'm forever thankful! You guys give me the strength to keep doing this. Peace and love 💯❤️🙏💪 

• Like 1

[Cr...]

@[in...] I read your post about the need to feel normal. It is absolutely normal to desperately want to feel normal. But it will take awhile before all the damage benzos have done is reversed.

You could injure your back in an accident and be told it is going to be about a year before you can walk normally again and for the pain/other symptoms to go away. Knowing that, would you work yourself into a panic whenever you feel pain, tingling, and unsteadness when walking  during the whole recovery process? No you would not.

Obviously benzo withdrawal is more complicated with 100s of potential symptoms coming and going until healed. But withdrawal is still something that your body needs time to recover from. The act of fixing your brain/receptors is what will be causing these unpleasant symptoms.

Do your best to remember that you may not be back to normal for awhile and so the symptoms will be around for most of the process but they can't harm you. When you finally convince yourself that you don't 'need' to feel normal while in recovery, this journey will become easier. The irony is that these WD symptoms ARE normal during recovery. So for someone in recovery, you technically are feeling normal.

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

@[in...] I read your post about the need to feel normal. It is absolutely normal to desperately want to feel normal. But it will take awhile before all the damage benzos have done is reversed.

You could injure your back in an accident and be told it is going to be about a year before you can walk normally again and for the pain/other symptoms to go away. Knowing that, would you work yourself into a panic whenever you feel pain, tingling, and unsteadness when walking  during the whole recovery process? No you would not.

Obviously benzo withdrawal is more complicated with 100s of potential symptoms coming and going until healed. But withdrawal is still something that your body needs time to recover from. The act of fixing your brain/receptors is what will be causing these unpleasant symptoms.

Do your best to remember that you may not be back to normal for awhile and so the symptoms will be around for most of the process but they can't harm you. When you finally convince yourself that you don't 'need' to feel normal while in recovery, this journey will become easier. The irony is that these WD symptoms ARE normal during recovery. So for someone in recovery, you technically are feeling normal.

I hear ya. The difference between this and what's coming is going to be interesting for sure!

About the healing: Yeah I've been broken for most of my life so feeling bad for a while is nothing new.

I've realized feeling like this will be the new "normal" for a while. It is what it is. Trying to think positive thoughts 💯🙏

Edited by [in...]

[De...]
6 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

The irony is that these WD symptoms ARE normal during recovery. So for someone in recovery, you technically are feeling normal.

This is very comforting. I need to remember this. Thank you! 

• Like 1

[in...]
7 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

This is very comforting. I need to remember this. Thank you! 

You guys made me remind myself of this every day. Everyone is going through this. So I don't feel alone and I don't feel weird. Thanks guys!

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)

Good morning 🌎! Day 17 is here!!

Today I actually woke up with zero anxiety and I felt kind of calm. This feeling was still there even after coffee! Again: Here comes this feeling of hope! 

I wish you all a great day! 💯❤️🙏

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

[De...]

I am so glad! Its big improvement!! Things are going to be even better you will see!!

• Like 1

[in...]
3 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I am so glad! Its big improvement!! Things are going to be even better you will see!!

Fingers crossed! Going for breakfast as we speak. Looking at the bright sun hoping for a better day! 💯😀

[De...]

Enjoy every minute of it! I hope you will have great day!! 🍀

• Like 1

[in...]

Even breakfast felt really good! I had a huge appetite and zero anxiety. Oh how I love this feeling!

[in...]
Posted (edited)

Aaaaaaand I'm back to feeling like a bag of 💩. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted! 

Fingers crossed for more of this feeling in the future! 💯❤️

Edited by [in...]

[De...]
13 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Even breakfast felt really good! I had a huge appetite and zero anxiety. Oh how I love this feeling!

Oh was that your First window?

[in...]
2 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Oh was that your First window?

Second one actually! The windows have been short but intense 🙂

• Like 1

[Pa...]
22 hours ago, [[i...] said:

TRUE STATEMENT! ^^^^^^

You have such a great attitude, when I was where you are, I was a negative piece of poop. ::)

• Like 1

[in...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

TRUE STATEMENT! ^^^^^^

You have such a great attitude, when I was where you are, I was a negative piece of poop. ::)

Thanks! I've always been the type of person that solves problems. Why? That's kind of a long story, but it has made me so much stronger!