Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

[in...]
Posted (edited)

Good morning people! Today I felt a bit calmer waking up. I guess I didn't allow myself to start panicking about irrelevant stuff first thing. 

What happened was this:

Yesterday was a mess with a lot of racing thoughts about things I couldn't do anything about. I also thought about "what can I do to make this nightmare of WD stop?"

At the end of the night I laid down, fed up, and simply tried deep breathing.

In through the nose and out through the mouth thinking "this will pass sooner or later. It's all in my head".

It actually resulted in me falling asleep a couple of hours later. Is it supposed to take a couple of hours for the mind to calm down after a panic attack?

I wish you all a great day! 💯❤️ / I

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

[De...]

Good morning! 
Everything you feel is normal! Remember that you are not alone And we all here been there And felt the same way you did! I know it seems like its neverending but Its early in your recovery And with time it will get better! Good thing is to accept What is happening because there is not much else you can do. Try to find some distraction like swimming or something else you like And can do. Its good you can sleep And get some rest. Do you sleep enough? 
and yes its normal for your body to need more time to relax after all day of panic! :)

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[D...] said:

Good morning! 
Everything you feel is normal! Remember that you are not alone And we all here been there And felt the same way you did! I know it seems like its neverending but Its early in your recovery And with time it will get better! Good thing is to accept What is happening because there is not much else you can do. Try to find some distraction like swimming or something else you like And can do. Its good you can sleep And get some rest. Do you sleep enough? 
and yes its normal for your body to need more time to relax after all day of panic! :)

Thanks for the kind words! It's so helpful at this point! Yeah I average about 5-6h/night. Could be better, but it could also be worse! 😊

[De...]
3 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Thanks for the kind words! It's so helpful at this point! Yeah I average about 5-6h/night. Could be better, but it could also be worse! 😊

Its good! Sleep as much as you can! Yes it can be way worse :)  I was worried when I couldnt sleep enough how will i recover but at the end your body do recover! 

I was thinking yesterday about you And all that you are going trough now, And remembered how in begining after my jump i had no idea that this can happen. Actually First two months i didnt know What was happening. So Maybe it was better because i didnt think much about clonasepan. I guess there are good side And bad side of not knowing. But remember everything you feel is normal And its not permanent. It will pass. And we are here to suport you! You can do it 🤘

• Like 2

[in...]
9 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Its good! Sleep as much as you can! Yes it can be way worse :)  I was worried when I couldnt sleep enough how will i recover but at the end your body do recover! 

I was thinking yesterday about you And all that you are going trough now, And remembered how in begining after my jump i had no idea that this can happen. Actually First two months i didnt know What was happening. So Maybe it was better because i didnt think much about clonasepan. I guess there are good side And bad side of not knowing. But remember everything you feel is normal And its not permanent. It will pass. And we are here to suport you! You can do it 🤘

The way you wright things is just 💯 magic! I need to start believing that this will pass. I mean I'm 15 days out. I can't expect this to be over yet.

I'm lying if I would say I'm not hoping to wake up one of these days just to feel awesome! I know it takes time. Again: It's about me and my patience! I usually recover quite fast from things, so I guess I'm used to not being stuck in overthinking. At least not about these types of things.

I'm hoping something will happen around the 1-2 month mark. I think I'm just going to glide into feeling better without even knowing. It's just gonna happen. Thank you so much for your post! You're just the best! 💯🙏❤️

• Like 1

[De...]

Patiance is everything now! I was asking my doctor how come i had so much patince for this because I usually don’t have it at all 😂

I remember me thinking is this my life now? This is how i will feel till the end of my life? Is it possible? Can I do it?👀 But then I find out about all this wd thing, And I can really say this is the hardest thing I had to do in my whole life! But luckily it ends. And when it end you will be so happy And life will be so sweet again that it will be imposible to he upset again about anything :) you will start to enjoy life again And small things in life will become big things for happines. 
Our body recovering every minute every day! Just need it more time, that is all! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[in...]
12 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Patiance is everything now! I was asking my doctor how come i had so much patince for this because I usually don’t have it at all 😂

I remember me thinking is this my life now? This is how i will feel till the end of my life? Is it possible? Can I do it?👀 But then I find out about all this wd thing, And I can really say this is the hardest thing I had to do in my whole life! But luckily it ends. And when it end you will be so happy And life will be so sweet again that it will be imposible to he upset again about anything :) you will start to enjoy life again And small things in life will become big things for happines. 
Our body recovering every minute every day! Just need it more time, that is all! 

I can't wait for this thing to turn around!

• Like 1

[in...]

I find myself reading success stories quite often. From what I understand people seem to heal completely somewhere around the 12-18 month mark. I do respect that some people need more time, but some are talking about healing after 5-6 years....? That can't be possible. There must be other things in peoples lifes that make them feel worse. What do you guys think?

[De...]

I think I read all succes stories there, too 🫣

It doesnt mean that you will suffer that much! For me worst was 3 And 4 month. Now at 5 I feel great. Minor simptoms but fully functional! Hope it will stay that way🤘 my problem now is strange feeling in left hand, Till the other day I had problem with breathing but I knew it was just wd simptom so I didnt pay much atention to that  

there is Pepe too, he is now month 8 with just two lingering simptoms! 
I think there are lot of people, much more that heal even faster!! Some after one month! We are all diferent. 

• Like 1

[in...]
2 hours ago, [[D...] said:

I think I read all succes stories there, too 🫣

It doesnt mean that you will suffer that much! For me worst was 3 And 4 month. Now at 5 I feel great. Minor simptoms but fully functional! Hope it will stay that way🤘 my problem now is strange feeling in left hand, Till the other day I had problem with breathing but I knew it was just wd simptom so I didnt pay much atention to that  

there is Pepe too, he is now month 8 with just two lingering simptoms! 
I think there are lot of people, much more that heal even faster!! Some after one month! We are all diferent. 

I get the feeling more often now that I'm looking at 3 months. Either way I'm going to be ok sooner or later. That's just a fact!

• Like 1

[De...]
3 hours ago, [[i...] said:

There must be other things in peoples lifes that make them feel worse. What do you guys think?

Yes you never know What life And health problems people have And how they live their life. Some people develop some kind of sensitiveties to food And other meds so Maybe thats why they cant heal like others. Its good to read stories to be aware What can happen to you And to be sure that you are not only one going trough this. And to see everyone is healed after some time. 

• Like 1

[in...]
19 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Yes you never know What life And health problems people have And how they live their life. Some people develop some kind of sensitiveties to food And other meds so Maybe thats why they cant heal like others. Its good to read stories to be aware What can happen to you And to be sure that you are not only one going trough this. And to see everyone is healed after some time. 

I guess you're right. 5-6 years and more just sounds like a lot to me, that's all 🙃

[in...]

Was sitting around with nothing to do so I looked up "akathisia". I didn't even know that was a thing. I wanted to check it out since I didn't know the meaning of it haha.

So. I thought it was my ADHD acting up all along and that I would be able to control it.

Oh my god.. I was so wrong.

In a way it feels good to know that I'm supposed to feel like this. This also explains why my head is in ADHD-mode and my body isn't. Feels like my muscles are weighing 664454 kg right now. The obvious question is: Is this normal? I guess it is. Damnit lol.

[De...]

Yes it is normal unfortunatly! A lot of people had that simptom. 👀 very unpleasent, i was thinking I am getting crazy😒 it was worst of all. Couldnt sit still. Had to move around 🫣

[in...]
41 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Yes it is normal unfortunatly! A lot of people had that simptom. 👀 very unpleasent, i was thinking I am getting crazy😒 it was worst of all. Couldnt sit still. Had to move around 🫣

I have ADHD plus asthma so naturally I thought it was one of those things or both acting up. 

[PE...]
12 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Good morning people! Today I felt a bit calmer waking up. I guess I didn't allow myself to start panicking about irrelevant stuff first thing. 

What happened was this:

Yesterday was a mess with a lot of racing thoughts about things I couldn't do anything about. I also thought about "what can I do to make this nightmare of WD stop?"

At the end of the night I laid down, fed up, and simply tried deep breathing.

In through the nose and out through the mouth thinking "this will pass sooner or later. It's all in my head".

It actually resulted in me falling asleep a couple of hours later. Is it supposed to take a couple of hours for the mind to calm down after a panic attack?

I wish you all a great day! 💯❤️ / I

I don't ever had a panic attack. I think. But it sounds legit for it to take awhile to come down. 

Instead of trying to fight this thing just try to accept it, and even embrace it :))

it's a test for only the few and you are chosen 😁😁😁😅

[in...]
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I don't ever had a panic attack. I think. But it sounds legit for it to take awhile to come down. 

Instead of trying to fight this thing just try to accept it, and even embrace it :))

it's a test for only the few and you are chosen 😁😁😁😅

How do I "accept" anxiety? How do you "embrace" it? I've heard people mention this before. I just don't know how it works...

Edited by [in...]

[Cr...]
43 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

How do I "accept" anxiety? How do you "embrace" it? I've heard people mention this before. I just don't know how it works...

Accept means not feeling like you have to find a way to stop the symptom as soon as it shows up. Realize there is no point in fighting them or trying hard to get them go stop.

If you feel your arms and legs burning, you can either get up and pace all nervously worrying how to get it to stop (which will make your anxiety worse causing other symptoms to appear, potentially culminating in panic) or you can stay seated on the couch continuing to watch the movie choosing not to pick a fight with the symptoms in a fruitless effort to get rid of them. Accepting does not mean the symptoms will go away, so don't panic that it isn't working as "omg! They are still here!"

Acknowledge that the symptom/s are there and the sensations they cause do indeed suck, but accept them as annoying house guests that will only leave when they feel like it.

While recovering from a sensitized cns, you can't prevent these symptoms but you can prevent yourself from being afraid of them and giving them more power.

When your heart rate speeds up from anxiety, when has worrying about your heart rate actually helped bring it back down? I am sure it only caused it to beat faster and a full blown panic attack to arrive.

If humor works for you, mentally welcome an unpleasant symptom when it arrives. "Hello tingling hands, can I interest you in something to drink?" If the symptoms are going to be there whether you worry/focus on them or accept their presence and go about your business, you may as well choose the latter, better option.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Accept means not feeling like you have to find a way to stop the symptom as soon as it shows up. Realize there is no point in fighting them or trying hard to get them go stop.

If you feel your arms and legs burning, you can either get up and pace all nervously worrying how to get it to stop (which will make your anxiety worse causing other symptoms to appear, potentially culminating in panic) or you can stay seated on the couch continuing to watch the movie choosing not to pick a fight with the symptoms in a fruitless effort to get rid of them. Accepting does not mean the symptoms will go away, so don't panic that it isn't working as "omg! They are still here!"

Acknowledge that the symptom/s are there and the sensations they cause do indeed suck, but accept them as annoying house guests that will only leave when they feel like it.

While recovering from a sensitized cns, you can't prevent these symptoms but you can prevent yourself from being afraid of them and giving them more power.

When your heart rate speeds up from anxiety, when has worrying about your heart rate actually helped bring it back down? I am sure it only caused it to beat faster and a full blown panic attack to arrive.

If humor works for you, mentally welcome an unpleasant symptom when it arrives. "Hello tingling hands, can I interest you in something to drink?" If the symptoms are going to be there whether you worry/focus on them or accept their presence and go about your business, you may as well choose the latter, better option.

I'm going to read this several times. Whenever it's needed so that I can remind myself of the "basics". Thank you so much 🙏

Edited by [in...]

[De...]
12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

This is so true! Now that you mention it! I have that strange feeling in one hand. Like strange sensation. So now we are making fun of it. Like oh The Hand is here🤘 lets take a photo of hand with this beautiful view (I have many photos of ny hand in diferent locations). Or my friends ask: are we alone or The Hand is here with us?😂😂😂 

and yes ineedtomakeit when i was reading trough the site whenever i found good post that Made some comfort to me I took a screanshoot so i can have acces to it whenever i have need to. 

• Like 1

[in...]
8 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

This is so true! Now that you mention it! I have that strange feeling in one hand. Like strange sensation. So now we are making fun of it. Like oh The Hand is here🤘 lets take a photo of hand with this beautiful view (I have many photos of ny hand in diferent locations). Or my friends ask: are we alone or The Hand is here with us?😂😂😂 

and yes ineedtomakeit when i was reading trough the site whenever i found good post that Made some comfort to me I took a screanshoot so i can have acces to it whenever i have need to. 

I've done the same thing. Screenshots. It's smart to remind yourself from time to time.

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)

Something unexpected just happened: 

Out of nowhere I started getting these panicky feelings in my body. Now I really can't relax. I haven't felt this way since I quit my meds over two weeks ago. Anyone?

- Edit: Nvm. I think I started feeling weird because I haven't had any coffee since yesterday morning. I just had a cup and the headache's/weird feeling's gone. I've never had this happen to me before. Oh wow. I was kind of scared there for a while.

Edited by [in...]

[De...]

Try to fulfill your basic need First! Like sleep food coffee👌 And other you are used to.. 

during wd sometimes i couldnt figure out What is happening And how i feel And why. (For example one time I was so sick but my brain didnt work at all so I couldnt figure out that I am about to trow up. And if my mom that was next to me at that moment didnt told me ‘(you are about to trow up go to the toilet. I would do that in my room. So strange 🫤) so after that i kept focusing on my basics, to be sure I am not hungry, don’t need water, how much i sleep, if i cant sleep Maybe i should try to sit for some time to give my body some rest, coffee in morning even if i am fully awake to avoid headache… And that kind of things. 

• Like 2

[in...]
31 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Try to fulfill your basic need First! Like sleep food coffee👌 And other you are used to.. 

during wd sometimes i couldnt figure out What is happening And how i feel And why. (For example one time I was so sick but my brain didnt work at all so I couldnt figure out that I am about to trow up. And if my mom that was next to me at that moment didnt told me ‘(you are about to trow up go to the toilet. I would do that in my room. So strange 🫤) so after that i kept focusing on my basics, to be sure I am not hungry, don’t need water, how much i sleep, if i cant sleep Maybe i should try to sit for some time to give my body some rest, coffee in morning even if i am fully awake to avoid headache… And that kind of things. 

Sometimes I forget about the basic stuff because I'm so focused on becoming "normal" and feeling better again.

• Like 1