Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

[De...]

I just went to dr apointment. We talked about all this strange simptoms we all have,  she told me that most important is to remember that is just a simptom, And nothing bad can happen from it, it will pass!  I asked about that diference between pf What i think And how my body react. They are like “imitation of anxiety” body is trying their best to be without meds! 
She had lot ot people that went trough the same thing, especially with clonasepan. And all that people are just fine now!   
Thank god i have doctor who is suportive in life without meds!!

There  is hope!!! 

• Like 2

[in...]
3 hours ago, [[D...] said:

I just went to dr apointment. We talked about all this strange simptoms we all have,  she told me that most important is to remember that is just a simptom, And nothing bad can happen from it, it will pass!  I asked about that diference between pf What i think And how my body react. They are like “imitation of anxiety” body is trying their best to be without meds! 
She had lot ot people that went trough the same thing, especially with clonasepan. And all that people are just fine now!   
Thank god i have doctor who is suportive in life without meds!!

There  is hope!!! 

"Imitation of anxiety". Tell me more! So the body behaves like it's anxiety but it's just WD?

• Like 1

[De...]

Yes. She Said -that are all simptoms that look like anxiety but its not anxiety! Its from meds. Our receptors are very “hungry “ for med. 

• Wow 1

[in...]
10 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Yes. She Said -that are all simptoms that look like anxiety but its not anxiety! Its from meds. Our receptors are very “hungry “ for med. 

Oh wow. I'm 10 days out. I'm wondering how long is this going to last for?

• Love 1

[De...]

You are doing great! No one can tell how much its going to last but it will end!

[in...]
5 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

You are doing great! No one can tell how much its going to last but it will end!

I'm starting to run out of patience. I've been bedridden for over a month now!

[jo...]

It was a couple of months for me before acute let up to the point where I could be semi normal and go to the shops etc without it being too much of a stress out.

Now its windows and waves. My waves are still pretty bad but I know my brain is capable of getting back to normal so I just have to wait and hope for windows.

The acute phase your in now does let up though trust me. It's just a case of taking it day by day. Try not to think to far ahead or behind you and just get to the end of each day.

• Like 4

[in...]
26 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

It was a couple of months for me before acute let up to the point where I could be semi normal and go to the shops etc without it being too much of a stress out.

Now its windows and waves. My waves are still pretty bad but I know my brain is capable of getting back to normal so I just have to wait and hope for windows.

The acute phase your in now does let up though trust me. It's just a case of taking it day by day. Try not to think to far ahead or behind you and just get to the end of each day.

I'll keep that in mind! Thank you!

[in...]
43 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Because right now I don't even have the energy to go outside my house. Is this normal in your opinion?

[jo...]
Just now, [[i...] said:

Because right now I don't even have the energy to go outside my house. Is this normal in your opinion?

Totally. I was like that a lot. Still am sometimes but its now more a case of it comes and goes. Not as constant. I dare say that what your going through now, most on here have too.

• Like 2

[in...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Totally. I was like that a lot. Still am sometimes but its now more a case of it comes and goes. Not as constant. I dare say that what your going through now, most on here have too.

Oh wow. Ok. Because some have suspected me of tapering too fast. Even though I feel somewhat ok. I just feel a little paranoid (not much) and I just don't like seeing people that much. I guess I've always been like that.

[jo...]
Just now, [[i...] said:

Oh wow. Ok. Because some have suspected me of tapering too fast. Even though I feel somewhat ok. I just feel a little paranoid (not much) and I just don't like seeing people that much. I guess I've always been like that.

yeah you dont seem to bad all things considered. It could be a lot worse. You will keep improving. The first month or 2 is the worst for most.

[in...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

yeah you dont seem to bad all things considered. It could be a lot worse. You will keep improving. The first month or 2 is the worst for most.

What did you do to pass the time during your first couple of months?

[jo...]

Wasn't much I could do to be honest. I just suffered through it in my bedroom. Found BB.

My symptoms let up late at night so I would use that time to eat shower etc. Mabey even watch some youtube, although sometimes I would even find that difficult.

I was sensetive to pretty much everything. That sensetivity has improved a lot and I can do a lot more now.

[in...]
3 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Wasn't much I could do to be honest. I just suffered through it in my bedroom. Found BB.

My symptoms let up late at night so I would use that time to eat shower etc. Mabey even watch some youtube, although sometimes I would even find that difficult.

I was sensetive to pretty much everything. That sensetivity has improved a lot and I can do a lot more now.

I actually had quite a good night yesterday. Maybe I just got lucky since I'm still early in to my recovery. I'm sensitive to sound and light. The way I see it is the windows should come around month 3.

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

I actually had quite a good night yesterday. Maybe I just got lucky since I'm still early in to my recovery. I'm sensitive to sound and light. The way I see it is the windows should come around month 3.

My first real window was around then. Everyone is different though you might get better quick you never know. If your having good nights already I would say thats a positive sign. 10 days is early.

[in...]
4 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

My first real window was around then. Everyone is different though you might get better quick you never know. If your having good nights already I would say thats a positive sign. 10 days is early.

I'm supposed to go to the doctors office tomorrow to get my back checked. I haven't seen people in a long time. I don't know how to handle tomorrows appointment. I wanna blame backpain so that I won't have to speak about benzos. Any tips?

[jo...]

I'm supposed to go to the doctors office tomorrow to get my back checked. I haven't seen people in a long time. I don't know how to handle tomorrows appointment. I wanna blame backpain so that I won't have to speak about benzos. Any tips?

I dont go to the doctors much because they don't acknowledge this stuff is even real most of them. I use them if I need medication or a sick note etc. But I'm hesitant to mention benzos. You could say something like 'I just came off medication, could it have something to do with that'? And see how they react. You never know you might get lucky and have a doctor who is informed. Don't hold your breath though.

• Like 1

[in...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

I dont go to the doctors much because they don't acknowledge this stuff is even real most of them. I use them if I need medication or a sick note etc. But I'm hesitant to mention benzos. You could say something like 'I just came off medication, could it have something to do with that'? And see how they react. You never know you might get lucky and have a doctor who is informed. Don't hold your breath though.

Yeah I think I'll go with "My back's killing me. That's why I'm so tense". That should work. That's 100% true also. The meds might play their part, but still.

[jo...]

Yeah I think I'll go with "My back's killing me. That's why I'm so tense". That should work. That's 100% true also. The meds might play their part, but still.

(y)

[in...]
4 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

It wouldn't suprise me if he tried to give you a benzo

My answer: I would sit in silence for 10 seconds. Look straight through her, laugh my a*s off and walk straight out of there 😅

• Haha 2

[Em...]
21 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Hey there,

Just read your thread. Thought I would tell you your back pain can be result of withdrawal. I thought I would need surgery few months ago it was so bad... I couldn't understand how my back had suddenly gotten so messed up. Well... I know now and its pretty common too. Of course very wise to have it checked out properly. If they dont find anything then you know its from the drugs and it gets better with time.

Also; You dont need to come up with excuses for your doctor. You have done really good, tapered off rather fast and your condition is very understandable in every way. Just sayin :)

good luck tomorrow;)

[in...]
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Hey there,

Just read your thread. Thought I would tell you your back pain can be result of withdrawal. I thought I would need surgery few months ago it was so bad... I couldn't understand how my back had suddenly gotten so messed up. Well... I know now and its pretty common too. Of course very wise to have it checked out properly. If they dont find anything then you know its from the drugs and it gets better with time.

Also; You dont need to come up with excuses for your doctor. You have done really good, tapered off rather fast and your condition is very understandable in every way. Just sayin :)

good luck tomorrow;)

I got injured at work about 20 years ago. So I know where the pain is coming from. It just flared up quite a lot since I got off the meds.

Edited by [in...]

[Em...]
12 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Well my meds are not from the doctors office. About my back: I got injured at work about 20 years ago.

Ok no problem here just wanted to give you a heads up.

I also hurt my back years ago on more than one occasion and had been doing fine for years but then I got dramatically worse out of nowhere. No one told me there was a connection to benzos so I just thought I'd try to be nice and let you know that there is a correlation and it seems to be quite common 

But anyway ..

Good luck with everything