Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

[Ru...]

You have the right attitude. One day at a time. You'll get through this! It's not easy to maintain a positive attitude in the middle of feeling crappy. It's what has gotten me this far.

We can only continue going forward!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

[Cr...]
16 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

What's creepy is tinnitus started ringing in my ears about an hour ago.

You guys know why? When will it go away? I know it's not dangerous, just annoying. 

It is most annoying when you are in a room with dead silence. If it bothers you a lot trying have the tv or music playing in the background. If it causes you sleep issues try using headphones and have something mellow like the sounds of rain or white noise playing.

• Love 2

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

You have the right attitude. One day at a time. You'll get through this! It's not easy to maintain a positive attitude in the middle of feeling crappy. It's what has gotten me this far.

We can only continue going forward!

I hear ya! Yeah...  One day at a time! It's only gonna get better in my opinion. Can't get any worse haha! Let's go!! 💯❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[PE...]
3 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Good evening people! It's 10PM over here haha!

So. Today has been ok. 

What's creepy is tinnitus started ringing in my ears about an hour ago.

You guys know why? When will it go away? I know it's not dangerous, just annoying. 

Anyone? Thanks y'all!

Oh so sorry!! It's common... 

[in...]

Ok. What's up y'all?! New day!

I have a problem (for a change) 😅

Morning coffee gets my stomach going. Plus I avoid headaches from NOT drinking it. You all know the drill 😂

The problem is... Well... Everything is great, I just don't want to get wired! There's a risk of people not wanting to be around me without coffee 😅 Even me personally. I don't like cranky me lol.

Decaf won't work. That's when people start disappearing for no apparent reason. You read about it in the newspaper, but you can't figure it out before it's too late 😂 

Jokes aside.

Should I quit coffee? I know it CAN be a trigger for some people. What's your take on this?

• Love 1

[De...]

I understand this problem! I didnt want to quit coffe because of possible headache but instead of 3 or 4 i drink only one in morning (now that i am better I drink two during day) 

Couldnt cope with headaches plus wd simptoms too much for me 🫣 

Also, i wanted to quit smoking but my doctor advise me its not good moment for this too. 
So one by one bad habit :)

• Like 1

[in...]
30 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I understand this problem! I didnt want to quit coffe because of possible headache but instead of 3 or 4 i drink only one in morning (now that i am better I drink two during day) 

Couldnt cope with headaches plus wd simptoms too much for me 🫣 

Also, i wanted to quit smoking but my doctor advise me its not good moment for this too. 
So one by one bad habit :)

I quit smoking like 5-6 years ago. Well, I didn't quit nicotine since I'm using "snus" instead. It's this loose tobacco that you put under your lip. They can't prove if it gives you cancer or not. It doesn't affect blood pressure as much. Anyway. I had to have something.

My doctor actually scared me into quitting smoking. He said (not in those words) that my lungs can't take the smoke. He gave me a year to quit or I would be screwed. He scared me to the point where I smoked what I had in my pocket that day and then I quit.

About that coffee: I'm trying to stick to 1 cup in the morning. Sometimes I drink two/day but mostly no. This is mostly to avoid headaches. Plus it gets me going lol. 

@[in...], i guess it depends totally on your own reaction to coffee. If it's ok with you or even helps, why not drink? Perhaps a bit less atm. I first quit coffee then started again. No difference. I've been drinking coffee since the end of my taper)

[in...]

Does anyone have tips on how to get rid of tension headaches forever? I'm sorry but Thai chi is not an option for me right now.

28 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Does anyone have tips on how to get rid of tension headaches forever? I'm sorry but Thai chi is not an option for me right now.

I'd like to hear the tips myself) Some stretching; light massage; smth hot; head bands out of a fridge; distraction. For me it's mostly time.

1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

😂 I hope everything is well with you!

Thank you. Not everything but the largest part of me feels good:classic_smile:

@[in...], i really hope exercises will help you to get rid of the muscle stiffness and tension. Who  knows... I guess it depends on some mysterious reasons. Lots of people don't really suffer from muscle issues much during the process, wheres others don't have any panics or fears at all. 

In fact, muscle issues are quite expectable due to benzo's myorelaxant therapeutical properties. But sure it's not necessary, at least that much.

I've been exercising throughout my life, including the withdrawal. But i wasn't lucky in this way. Physical activity didn't help me with benzo headaches or muscle stiffness&pains but, think, made me feel better in general. 

Anyway, it's a good step to recovery!)

• Love 1

[De...]

At least when you exercise time fly faster And with time we heal!   i couldnt do that but i did go on edless wAlks 👌

[PE...]
5 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I quit smoking like 5-6 years ago. Well, I didn't quit nicotine since I'm using "snus" instead. It's this loose tobacco that you put under your lip. They can't prove if it gives you cancer or not. It doesn't affect blood pressure as much. Anyway. I had to have something.

My doctor actually scared me into quitting smoking. He said (not in those words) that my lungs can't take the smoke. He gave me a year to quit or I would be screwed. He scared me to the point where I smoked what I had in my pocket that day and then I quit.

About that coffee: I'm trying to stick to 1 cup in the morning. Sometimes I drink two/day but mostly no. This is mostly to avoid headaches. Plus it gets me going lol. 

Ohh are you Swedish??

[in...]
33 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Ohh are you Swedish??

Yes sir! I live in Sweden.

[PE...]
3 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

@[PE...]How about yourself? Are you from the united states?

I'm from sweden my friend :))

i also use snus :balloon:

[in...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

I'm from sweden my friend :))

i also use snus :balloon:

What brand?! "Knox lös" for the win!

[PE...]
Just now, [[i...] said:

What brand?! "Knox lös" for the win!

Hehe.. nä men knox portion alla fall :))

[in...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Well at least you're using Knox lol 😎

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)

I feel the need to keep asking questions since I'm kind of desperate here:

How about nicotine?

I've used "snus" (tobacco under the lip) for 5-6 years. I used to smoke for many years before the "snus".

Using vs. Not using. 

Is there any difference regarding stress and so forth?

Edited by [in...]

[in...]

I've tried different breathing techniques. 

I just can't relax. As soon as I try to calm myself down I feel my heart racing and I'm back to square one again.

My cortisol levels are high from the minute I wake up until I fall asleep from being exhausted.

I'm desperate here. Please help me! Thanks people!

[Cr...]
3 hours ago, [[P...] said:

You assumed he was from Sweden solely based on his use of snus? Is it that commonly used over there? :o I hear Sweden makes really potent snus like Thunder with over 30mg

[PE...]
31 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

You assumed he was from Sweden solely based on his use of snus? Is it that commonly used over there? :o I hear Sweden makes really potent snus like Thunder with over 30mg

Hehe yes! Many of us use snus.. I take extra strong but know there are crazy strong..