Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3+ weeks off of Clonazepam

[An...]
On 11/06/2024 at 11:15, [[i...] said:

I do eat real food every day. Maybe I can use "Boost" like every other meal or something like that, depending on appetite and so forth.

I think that is fine temporarily. You are still in the acute phase. SXs should become less intense as time elapses and hopefully, your appetite returns and you have no need for the boost anymore.

How much weight have you lost? Are you in the underweight category now? If you are overweight, I would not worry about it so much, esp. if you need to lose a few lbs. Eat what you can if you are overweight and burn the rest of your body's caloric need from your body's own fat reserves.

[in...]
11 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I think that is fine temporarily. You are still in the acute phase. SXs should become less intense as time elapses and hopefully, your appetite returns and you have no need for the boost anymore.

How much weight have you lost? Are you in the underweight category now? If you are overweight, I would not worry about it so much, esp. if you need to lose a few lbs. Eat what you can if you are overweight and burn the rest of your body's caloric need from your body's own fat reserves.

I'm 183cm and about 92kg, so no: I'm not overweight and I haven't lost/gained any weight because of benzo. It's just that my appetite is down to nothing. So I'm forcing myself to eat because I know I'll feel better afterwards.

[De...]

Day by day And it will get better I Promise you! Be strong! You are doing everything right! I am in begining of 5 month of k! Things get better!!!

[An...]

I think your appetite will improve with more time away from the drug. Withdrawal from benzos and other drugs can affect our appestats. When we are sick or feel sick, we don't want to eat. This is not only true for humans but other animals as well.

@[De...], hello and welcome to BenzoBuddies!) Thank you for the reassuring words. We all do need them.

My congratulations on being 5 months off klonopin. Cool! If you have any questions of your own, please, feel free to start a new thread. Good luck to you!

[in...]
3 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Thank you so much! I hope i can support other people that are in strugle like i was since begining of this year! This site helped me so much during couple of months so i decided to sign up And give hope to others :) Time is the ultimate healer!!!! 

How long was it before you started feeling better? When could you really feel the change?

[De...]
1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

How long was it before you started feeling better? When could you really feel the change?

First months were terible! Loss of senses(taste, smell, feel) lot of d.p/dr, akathisia, morning horora, insomnia, muscle Tenison back pain, gi issues. And simptoms go on… You name it i had it. Third month is the month when things got better, i could sit at one place finally!!!  :) i will write my story for everyone to give hope that this horor ends!!! You just need more time, this is begining of your jurney And its good you already find this comunity that can help you And suport you trough this hard time! It is probably the most dificult thing you done in your life And one minute  is long as one day! Be strong!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

And one minute  is long as one day! Be strong!

So true. Felt exactly this way.

• Sad 1

[in...]
44 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

First months were terible! Loss of senses(taste, smell, feel) lot of d.p/dr, akathisia, morning horora, insomnia, muscle Tenison back pain, gi issues. And simptoms go on… You name it i had it. Third month is the month when things got better, i could sit at one place finally!!!  :) i will write my story for everyone to give hope that this horor ends!!! You just need more time, this is begining of your jurney And its good you already find this comunity that can help you And suport you trough this hard time! It is probably the most dificult thing you done in your life And one minute  is long as one day! Be strong!

Well.. I have made this journey twice before. I just can't remember how I felt back then. All I remember is my balance being off + trouble sleeping.

One thing I do remember clearly is the day I started feeling better. All of the sudden I started noticing the small things like fresh air, colors of the trees and flowers, sound and so forth. Was one of the best days of my life.

I just can't remember how long it took me to feel better. People are talking about 1-3 months depending on dosage and so on. I'm just gonna have to wait and see. I still just want this nightmare to end lol.

Thanks for the support! It's much appreciated 💯🙏

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Al...]
4 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Day 6 is here and I didn't think I was gonna make it this far to be honest.

I am kind of hoping to wake up one of these days and start feeling really good. Even though I know that won't happen any time soon.

Getting kind of desperate. I'm looking for reassurance. Can anyone convince me I'm doing the right thing here?

I just can't understand how people can get through this pain every day for weeks and months. Where's the turning point?

Should I do something differently? Am I missing something obvious here? What am I supposed to do? Just sit around and think happy thoughts?

I wonder if your taper might have been a bit too fast. Cutting 0.25 mg every two weeks is quite a lot, so it may be catching up with you now. 

[in...]
4 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I wonder if your taper might have been a bit too fast. Cutting 0.25 mg every two weeks is quite a lot, so it may be catching up with you now. 

No disrespect (at all) but cutting .01745433532mg (with a nailfile) per 6 months is just dragging it out in my opinion. We're all different and unique, so if people want to go slow I can respect that.

My psychologist told me I could've jumped straight from 1mg/day. Now that's quite a big jump in my opinion, but I do trust him. Maybe I could've jumped from .5mg. Anyway. I told him I want to do it this way and he said that's ok. Anyway: Do you have any advice?

[Al...]
1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

No disrespect (at all) but cutting .01745433532mg (with a nailfile) per 6 months is just dragging it out in my opinion. We're all different and unique, so if people want to go slow I can respect that.

My psychologist told me I could've jumped straight from 1mg/day. Now that's quite a big jump in my opinion, but I do trust him. Maybe I could've jumped from .5mg. Anyway. I told him I want to do it this way and he said that's ok. Anyway: Do you have any advice?

I agree that there is a fine line between going too fast and too slow. I just thought I'd pose the question because it sounded like you were struggling and I wondered if it might be worth considering a reinstatement and slower taper. I'm very new to all this and don't have enough experience to give you specific advice. I just know that 5 to 10% every two weeks seems to be the general advice on this site.

[in...]
5 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I agree that there is a fine line between going too fast and too slow. I just thought I'd pose the question because it sounded like you were struggling and I wondered if it might be worth considering a reinstatement and slower taper. I'm very new to all this and don't have enough experience to give you specific advice. I just know that 5 to 10% every two weeks seems to be the general advice on this site.

I've heard the same thing. My pills are 2mg ones, so that's .5mg in one quarter right? I don't know how to get it into smaller pieces. I did crush the .5mg piece and took half of it, so that should be .25mg. I took .25mg for 14+ days before jumping. I can't find a scale that's that precise anyway. Plus .25mg is equal to 2-4mg diazepam which Ashton (Google) recommends is an ok amount to jump from.

[De...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

One thing I do remember clearly is the day I started feeling better. All of the sudden I started noticing the small things like fresh air, colors of the trees and flowers, sound and so forth. Was one of the best days of my life.

💯🙏

I know exactly What you talking about! I started to have that in month 3 during windows. And now in begining of month 5 I am like that every day!! 
i think its one of the simptom- not be able to enjoy! I was wondering What was wrong with me, why i cant feel joy walking in the woods during spring, or when i went on holiday by the sea. I knew something is wrong and couldnt figure it out What. But now I enjoy every moment! (Even when i clean the house :) ) And you will in time!

• Love 1

On 11/06/2024 at 14:29, [[i...] said:

Actually... No lol! I eat, sleep, relax and repeat, basically. At least I'm trying to relax haha! I'm going in to day 5 as we speak. The acute phase should be over in a couple of days then it's all in my head.

That's the tough part. The struggle in my mind. I'll get used to it sooner or later I hope!

I like your optimism and really hope you'll get better pretty soon but... I'd say the acute phase can be more spread out than a few weeks. It's not so as to frighten or discourage you but alert you to be on your guards a bit longer. If someone happens to develop physical dependency, the time when actual recover takes place after the drug has been completely out of the body can be also trying. It's not "in your head" then but a physical process of healing. I don't mean you must have it tough but if anything lasts longer, don't be surprised or blame yourself. It'll pass anyway. Sincerely hope you'll avoid the complications. Good luck to you! You seem yo be doing well!:)

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Yup. One day at a time. I've been here before so I know one day I'll just wake up and feel better. It just randomly happens it feels like.

@[in...], sure it'll be exactly this way. One day you'll turn round the corner and i do hope and believe it'll happen to you really soon:classic_smile: 

I have a friend in my country. We are both 14 months off benzo. She started doing better and better exactly after her first most difficult wd month was over and is completely ok now) and i'm catching up with her:)

• Like 1

Pls, don't repeat the drinking experience this time. It's not the best idea about helping with one's withdrawal. Whatever, you should definitely feel improvements by that time, just don't get discouraged if an odd symptom pops up for a while bc it means exactly healing. Fingers crossed for you)

• Like 2

[in...]

Day 6 is coming to an end. I can't believe the meds are finally going to be out of my system tomorrow. I've been waiting for this moment for what feels like forever. I can't remember what it felt like to be 100% clean. Kind of overwhelmed by these feelings and thoughts..

I want to take the time to thank you all again for the support. I'm far from free yet, but still! From the bottom of my heart: Thank you all. You're just fkn awesome! 💯🙏❤️ Let's go!

• Love 1

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[D...] said:

Day by day! Week by week! You can do it! 🍀

Thank you, and oh yes! I'm going to make it. Sooner or later. I'm so curious to see what's on the other side. I haven't been on that side for years now, so it's going to be interesting for sure!