Important Survey - Please Participate ×

2+ weeks off of Clonazepam

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

I've tried different breathing techniques. 

I just can't relax. As soon as I try to calm myself down I feel my heart racing and I'm back to square one again.

My cortisol levels are high from the minute I wake up until I fall asleep from being exhausted.

I'm desperate here. Please help me! Thanks people!

Anyone? ☝️😊

[in...]
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Ok, I'll bite, what is snus? Never heard of it?

It's finely ground tobacco that you put under your upper lip for a couple of hours 😊 It's a Swedish thing!

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 2

[Cr...]
5 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Ok, I'll bite, what is snus? Never heard of it?

Just picture that guy at your family reunion, with a slightly bulging lip, that spits a brown liquid into his empty soda can every 5 minutes. Then remember how a little kid came over and took a sip thinking it was soda.

That is snus in a nutshell.

• Haha 2

[in...]
Posted (edited)

So back to the task at hand (send me a PM if you want to know about "snus") lol! Anyway:

I just can't relax. As soon as I try to calm myself down I feel my heart racing and I'm back to square one again.

My cortisol levels are high from the minute I wake up until I fall asleep from being exhausted.

I'm desperate here. Please help me! Thanks people!

Edited by [in...]

[Ad...]

@[in...], have you tried guided meditation? The Insight Timer app is free and has hundreds of meditations to help you relax. I don't know how I would have made it this far without it. I love Ally Boothroyd, all kinds of Yoga Nidra meditations. You just lie there and listen, no weird body twisting or anything.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Cr...]
23 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

So back to the task at hand (send me a PM if you want to know about "snus" lol! Anyway:

I just can't relax. As soon as I try to calm myself down I feel my heart racing and I'm back to square one again.

My cortisol levels are high from the minute I wake up until I fall asleep from being exhausted.

I'm desperate here. Please help me! Thanks people!

In another thread we were discussing how caffeine is fine as long as someone can tolerate it. Caffeine elevates cortisol excretion. So in your particular case you may want to test out cutting back and see if it makes things better, worse, or the same.

I know people will say meditate and try to relax but when cortisol is very high it can feel almost impossible to focus on breathing exercises and mindfulness. You may want to increase the amount of time spent walking to help burn off some of that energy gradually. Then when you get near that point of exhaustion, use that time for your breathing exercises and meditation.

After spending all morning and afternoons walking about, i was able to return home and sit still enough for a cup of chamomile tea and listen to a guided meditation.

• Like 1

[in...]
18 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

In another thread we were discussing how caffeine is fine as long as someone can tolerate it. Caffeine elevates cortisol excretion. So in your particular case you may want to test out cutting back and see if it makes things better, worse, or the same.

I know people will say meditate and try to relax but when cortisol is very high it can feel almost impossible to focus on breathing exercises and mindfulness. You may want to increase the amount of time spent walking to help burn off some of that energy gradually. Then when you get near that point of exhaustion, use that time for your breathing exercises and meditation.

After spending all morning and afternoons walking about, i was able to return home and sit still enough for a cup of chamomile tea and listen to a guided meditation.

Yoo!! That's the first time in my life that I actually got specific tips and tricks for this thing! Thank you!

I was thinking I will try swimming and walking. Your help means allot! Again: Thank you! 💯🙏❤️

[in...]
29 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

@[in...], have you tried guided meditation? The Insight Timer app is free and has hundreds of meditations to help you relax. I don't know how I would have made it this far without it. I love Ally Boothroyd, all kinds of Yoga Nidra meditations. You just lie there and listen, no weird body twisting or anything.

I tried that app once. It wanted me to pay for some type of membership right away. I think I tried it a couple of weeks ago or something 🤔

[in...]

Day 9.

Everything is kind of ok. As long as I focus on anything that's not connected to anxiety I feel alright.

About these adrenaline rushes in the morning. They're super exhausting!

Could it be the coffee?! Right now I'm drinking two cups/day. One in the morning (obviously) and on at 5PM-ish. The second one makes me feel ok though.

[De...]

I had adrenaline rushes from moment i am awake, before I take my coffee so in my case it was ok to drink it. I just didnt have need to drink in afternoon because of insomnia And super awake alarm state I was all day long. You have to see What is working best for you! 

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[D...] said:

I had adrenaline rushes from moment i am awake, before I take my coffee so in my case it was ok to drink it. I just didnt have need to drink in afternoon because of insomnia And super awake alarm state I was all day long. You have to see What is working best for you! 

When did the adrenaline rushes stop for you?

[De...]

I had them for one month and a half I think, every day, but not from begining, they started at the end of second month And stoped at begining of 4 month! (Most of my simptoms came at the end of second month when i started to expirience wawe and windows, they came with akathisia  ) we are all so diferent! But time will heal everything am i really sure in this!

[in...]
5 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I had them for one month and a half I think, every day, but not from begining, they started at the end of second month And stoped at begining of 4 month! (Most of my simptoms came at the end of second month when i started to expirience wawe and windows, they came with akathisia  ) we are all so diferent! But time will heal everything am i really sure in this!

Aaha! This means I can exhale! I was really scared about this being a permanent thing. Thanks so much!

[in...]
43 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

By the way: For how long did they last for in your case? Minutes? Hours?

[De...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

Aaha! This means I can exhale! I was really scared about this being a permanent thing. Thanks so much!

Nooo! It will all pass!!! This is not permanent! You will be healed, i know that right now its dificult to believe in this but you will!

for me they lasted for hours. Actually I really didnt know What was happening with me until I found dr ( at month 3 of this hell) who explained to me that problem is clonasepan, other doctors were telling me i am very ili And I have to take medications and its all in my head :(  I am so happy now that i listen to my inner instinkt And stayed away from clonasepan for so long. 
Maybe this is why I really don’t have any advice to give you exept just wait, listen to your body And with time it will heal And you will definetly feel good again! 

• Like 1

[in...]
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Nooo! It will all pass!!! This is not permanent! You will be healed, i know that right now its dificult to believe in this but you will!

for me they lasted for hours. Actually I really didnt know What was happening with me until I found dr ( at month 3 of this hell) who explained to me that problem is clonasepan, other doctors were telling me i am very ili And I have to take medications and its all in my head :(  I am so happy now that i listen to my inner instinkt And stayed away from clonasepan for so long. 
Maybe this is why I really don’t have any advice to give you exept just wait, listen to your body And with time it will heal And you will definetly feel good again! 

It must feel almost unreal once this nightmare ends since you're so used to feeling worse, right?

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[De...]
5 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

It must feel almost unreal once this nightmare ends since you're so used to feeling worse, right?

Yes!! It feels amazing! Especially after all doctors telling me i am very ili And i have to drink medications till the rest of my life🫣 ( i started drinking it for panic atacks after i got long covid And had fevers for months) 

anyway after so many months in this hell, since begining of january when Rapid taper begin, i finally can relax, every minute I enjoy life now And its really imposible to get upset And nervouse about anything :) 

And because i didnt know anything about witdrawals hell  I want to help other people that goes trough it! I think i read all succes stories from this site :) they gave me so much hope!!!

Day by day it will get better!!! 

• Like 1

[in...]
4 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Yes!! It feels amazing! Especially after all doctors telling me i am very ili And i have to drink medications till the rest of my life🫣 ( i started drinking it for panic atacks after i got long covid And had fevers for months) 

anyway after so many months in this hell, since begining of january when Rapid taper begin, i finally can relax, every minute I enjoy life now And its really imposible to get upset And nervouse about anything :) 

And because i didnt know anything about witdrawals hell  I want to help other people that goes trough it! I think i read all succes stories from this site :) they gave me so much hope!!!

Day by day it will get better!!! 

So you've felt somewhat "ok" since your taper? That sounds so great! I would do almost anything to get my life back! To be able to relax and smile again!

[De...]
23 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

So you've felt somewhat "ok" since your taper? That sounds so great! I would do almost anything to get my life back! To be able to relax and smile again!

I know. That is how i felt too! When i started to taper i had balance problem And lot of sweeting, after i quit had loss of senses, taste,  feelings, lot of d.p/dr, agorafobia, gi isuess, womiting, but i was stable enough to even go for work until wave And window patern started. I had to take sick leave, needed a lot of help even to make coffe in morning And something to eat. My brain stoped working. My whole life was on pause. I wasnt able to do anything!! Needed 27/7 help! Lost 30 lb. Very qiick.  But now its all in past And i really feel good again! I smile all the time, i can eat, can sleep And even take a naps during day! So you just need more time to heal And you will be you again! You will smile again And enjoy every day again! I am sure in that!

[in...]
7 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I know. That is how i felt too! When i started to taper i had balance problem And lot of sweeting, after i quit had loss of senses, taste,  feelings, lot of d.p/dr, agorafobia, gi isuess, womiting, but i was stable enough to even go for work until wave And window patern started. I had to take sick leave, needed a lot of help even to make coffe in morning And something to eat. My brain stoped working. My whole life was on pause. I wasnt able to do anything!! Needed 27/7 help! Lost 30 lb. Very qiick.  But now its all in past And i really feel good again! I smile all the time, i can eat, can sleep And even take a naps during day! So you just need more time to heal And you will be you again! You will smile again And enjoy every day again! I am sure in that!

Wow. It's crazy how we're going through the same thing.

My balance is off. Sweating. Heart's pounding. Vision's off. Zero appetite. I'm in bed 20 hours/day.

I know I should start walking. I just feel like it's hard to be amongst people.

I tried a week ago, but I could only be outside for ten minutes and I had to go back inside. Patience is key here.

[De...]

Yes i had all that! Vision terible! Sensitive to light And sound! Heart racing’

If you cant walk don’t go now, when you feel that you can you will go out! You have to listen to your body! I remember once I couldnt go out even in my backyard where there was no people! So take your time! It will pass! 

[in...]
18 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

If you cant walk don’t go now, when you feel that you can you will go out! You have to listen to your body! I remember once I couldnt go out even in my backyard where there was no people! So take your time! It will pass! 

I'm going to keep that in mind! Your words keep me focused and motivated! Thank you! 🙏

• Love 1

[De...]

It will get better I promise you! I know how you feel And it will pass! Just take your time And listen to your body And it will all pass with a time! You will see And you will be happy again!

• Like 1

[in...]
28 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

It's insane how this little pill affects us. I would've never thought in my wildest dreams that the road back to normal could be this rough. I was expecting a couple of days (maybe a week) of fatigue, but not this. I'm never going down that path again. It's the same as with alcohol: It's just not worth it.

• Like 4
  • Love 1