Important Survey - Please Participate ×

1+ week off of Clonazepam

[in...]
Posted (edited)

Long story short: Clonazepam 1mg/day for two years. No more, no less.

I've tapered from 1mg down to 0. Took some time but I'm finally here!

So what's going on, you might ask. Well:

Tension headache. Nervous. Heart's pounding. I do use Bisoprolol so that should help some.

The problem is I'm super wired, even though I'm super tired. It's like my mind's racing, but my body is just tired. I have zero appetite. I have to force myself to eat. I do get to sleep 4-5 hours per night. Going outside is out of the question.

This should be going on for a couple of weeks, right? The acute phase I mean. Is it going to be easier once the meds are out of my system? I know it's individual, but still. Trying to see some type of light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks all! I hope you have a great day! 

Edited by [in...]
  • Like 1

[be...]
7 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

So this'll be day two after jumping, and I just want to feel better. 

Tension headache. Nervous. Heart's pounding. I do use Bisoprolol so that should help some.

The problem is I'm super wired, even though I'm super tired. It's like my mind's racing, but my body is just tired. I have zero appetite. I have to force myself to eat. I do get to sleep 4-5 hours per night. Going outside is out of the question.

This should be going on for a couple of weeks, right? The acute phase I mean. Is it going to be easier once the meds are out of my system? I know it's individual, but still. Trying to see some type of light at the end of the tunnel.

Headache and heart pounding will get better.

Insomnia woll get worse. Hypersensitivity will develope

[in...]
10 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

Headache and heart pounding will get better.

Insomnia woll get worse. Hypersensitivity will develope

I am very sensitive to sound and light as it is (while tapering). I don't need more of this crap! Thanks for answering! :)

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

You are doing very well and it sounds like you did this right. You seem to be experiencing most of what I did but much milder at the moment. 

I would be very optimistic if I were you. 

Take care of yourself as well as possible. 

Edited by [Le...]

[En...]
52 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

So this'll be day two after jumping, and I just want to feel better. 

Yes I have been there. It does ease up after 2 or 3 weeks. It may see like it won't now but it does get better guaranteed. Just stay the course and dont reinstate.

[in...]

Day 3 is almost over. This quitting benzos is really a pain in the as*.

One day feels twice as long as it normally does. Most people are saying it's going to get better after the first couple of weeks.

Two weeks?! That feels like forever right now. My balance is totally off (dizzy). My muscles are hurting. I can barely see straight. My appetite is down next to nothing. 

What am I supposed to do here? The only good part about this is the meds are leaving my system. Other than that everything feels kind of hopeless!

• Like 3

[in...]
13 hours ago, [[i...] said:

One day feels twice as long as it normally does. Most people are saying it's going to get better after the first couple of weeks.

Two weeks?! That feels like forever right now. My balance is totally off (dizzy). My muscles are hurting. I can barely see straight. My appetite is down next to nothing. 

What am I supposed to do here? The only good part about this is the meds are leaving my system. Other than that everything feels kind of hopeless!

So I'm at the start of day 4.

It's 09:45AM over here. I actually woke up today feeling a little better. I know it's just a tiny window but still. It gave me hope. The last three days have been awful, so I'm very thankful today! I might bounce back to feeling bad but I'm thankful for this moment. Wishing for more of this feeling. I hope you all have a great day! Peace / I

• Like 2

[si...]

Oh, i love your optimism. May it get you through that damn process. 
I can very much relate to what you mentioned.
Im there pretty much myself. I tapered quite quick: from around 4-6 mg Rivotril a day to .5 mg in 6 weeks. I just tapered to that .5mg from 1mg 2 days ago. 
I force myself to go outside once or twice a day. I did meet friends also like once or twice a week. But i am getting more and more confused. Light and noise, and basically everything is too much. I breath funny; i get a little mad sometimes. I mean weird. Kind of psychotic, i guess.
I sleep fairly alright. I also have zero appetite, but when i eat my stomach puffs up like a baloon.
Then i even breath funnier and i cant walk properly. Feels like im walking on the moon. 
Thanks for sharing your part. I feel we are in a similar boat.

All the best!!!

[si...]
1 hour ago, [[i...] said:

So I'm at the start of day 4.

It's 09:45AM over here. I actually woke up today feeling a little better. I know it's just a tiny window but still. It gave me hope. The last three days have been awful, so I'm very thankful today! I might bounce back to feeling bad but I'm thankful for this moment. Wishing for more of this feeling. I hope you all have a great day! Peace / I

Cool! Just realized: you must be from the old continent, too!

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[s...] said:

Cool! Just realized: you must be from the old continent, too!

Yup. I'm from Europe.

[si...]

Whats your strategies to get through a day?
You said you not going outside, and days are twice as long. 
You have a plan or some kind of structure to stick to? 

[in...]
53 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

Whats your strategies to get through a day?
You said you not going outside, and days are twice as long. 
You have a plan or some kind of structure to stick to? 

Actually... No lol! I eat, sleep, relax and repeat, basically. At least I'm trying to relax haha! I'm going in to day 5 as we speak. The acute phase should be over in a couple of days then it's all in my head.

That's the tough part. The struggle in my mind. I'll get used to it sooner or later I hope!

• Wow 1

[si...]

Sounds great. You have support from friends or family?
You pursue a job or anyhing like it? 
I get crazy not being able to work. I try to look for work, but i seem to be unable to get anything i am able to do at the moment. Well, crazy at times, i guess
Feel free to send me a message, as we are running on the same time, and  we are going through a very similar situation, i feel.

[Li...]
9 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Actually... No lol! I eat, sleep, relax and repeat, basically. At least I'm trying to relax haha! I'm going in to day 5 as we speak. The acute phase should be over in a couple of days then it's all in my head.

That's the tough part. The struggle in my mind. I'll get used to it sooner or later I hope!

@[in...] don't be too hard on yourself. None of this is in your head. It's a huge thing coming off a tranquilliser.  Your nervous system now has to reverse all of the adaptations that were made by the drug.  Some people can step off with ease and other's it takes much much longer.  I hope your journey is fast  ❤️

[or...]
On 09/06/2024 at 05:45, [[i...] said:

So what's going on, you might ask. Well:

maybe this has been asked, but how much did you taper, and for how long?

It sounds like you are doing fine, but don't hesitate to stay in touch with us if the going gets more rough on you, oregonlady :hug:

[En...]
18 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Yes think the meds are leaving your system forever! Each hour can seem like a day when your suffering. We tend to watch the clock as the day goes by. Hang in there each day. You will feel good again. Make sure you are at least drinking water. Try to eat some toast or something light. If you find you cant eat then maybe try some Boost. 

[in...]
1 hour ago, [[E...] said:

Yes think the meds are leaving your system forever! Each hour can seem like a day when your suffering. We tend to watch the clock as the day goes by. Hang in there each day. You will feel good again. Make sure you are at least drinking water. Try to eat some toast or something light. If you find you cant eat then maybe try some Boost. 

What's "Boost"?

[En...]
3 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

What's "Boost"?

Boost is a drink that has all the essentials you need when you dont feel like eating. Same as Pedialite. It has electrolytes and vitamins. It is given to elderly people in nursing homes when they cant or dont feel like eating. Pedialyte is for  children when they have the flu and dont want to eat. Adults can take it too.

[Le...]

meal replacements are often high carb and very artificial. only an idea if nothing else is possible. pedialyte is about rehydration. likely salts added with bit of juice flavour so it doesnt taste aweful. 

real food is always a better idea even if you blend it up. 

[in...]
32 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

meal replacements are often high carb and very artificial. only an idea if nothing else is possible. pedialyte is about rehydration. likely salts added with bit of juice flavour so it doesnt taste aweful. 

32 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I do eat real food every day. Maybe I can use "Boost" like every other meal or something like that, depending on appetite and so forth.

[in...]
8 hours ago, [[o...] said:

maybe this has been asked, but how much did you taper, and for how long?

It sounds like you are doing fine, but don't hesitate to stay in touch with us if the going gets more rough on you, oregonlady :hug:

I started at 1mg/day. I tapered .25mg/14 days, basically. I've been ok so far. Today I experienced a tiny, tiny window. At least it felt like one. I wrote earlier that I was heading in to day 5. Day 5 is in an hour lol. Oh well. Again: So far so good! Wish me luck 🤞 😀

[in...]

Day 5. So far so good! At least I got 5 hours of sleep. Things could be worse! I'm feeling the same way I did yesterday. No adrenaline rush when I woke up. It's been easier to focus today than it's been earlier.

It feels like I'm on the right path here.

Two more days and the meds should be out of my system completely.

Wish me luck y'all!

Day 5 is coming to an end, and this afternoon has actually been awful.

It's like my brain's extremely fatigued, but my body wants to do stuff. I'm also really sensitive to everything. My eyes can't take sunlight and sounds are extremely loud. It feels like I'm on my toes every second of the day. 

Is this normal? When will the hypersensitivity go away? I know it's different for the most of us, but still. Are we talking days or months?

I will try to eat something. Maybe that'll help.

Y'all have a great day now! Peace and love people!

• Like 1

Day 6 is here and I didn't think I was gonna make it this far to be honest.

I am kind of hoping to wake up one of these days and start feeling really good. Even though I know that won't happen any time soon.

Getting kind of desperate. I'm looking for reassurance. Can anyone convince me I'm doing the right thing here?

I just can't understand how people can get through this pain every day for weeks and months. Where's the turning point?

Should I do something differently? Am I missing something obvious here? What am I supposed to do? Just sit around and think happy thoughts?

• Sad 2