A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Watching one TV show or movie during withdrawal

[Cr...]
3 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

No electric jolts. Just too stimulating. Anxiety inducing visuals. And apart from that I think age also plays a role. Todays games look fantastic, but if I ever go back to gaming it will be the 90's/00's games.

Resident Evil 4 will forever be one of the bests. 90s/00s were the best for games. Now it is all graphics/cinematics/microtransactions.

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

I still have it now a little but has got a lot better. First 3 months off it was bad. I'm in my fifth month.

It will improve. One day you'll be looking at a tv or your phone probably and you'll just realise it isn't bothering you as much anymore.

[Cr...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I play the first mario (NES) I can handle that one!:LOL:

Mario 3 is better and less frustrating good sir.

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

Mario 3 is better and less frustrating good sir.

Yeah thats my favorite! I just dont have it right now. I love the raccoon suite you get when you collect the feather. Classic!

[Cr...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah thats my favorite! I just dont have it right now. I love the raccoon suite you get when you collect the feather. Classic!

You are thinking Mario World. Feather gives you the cape. Mario 3 racoon (tanooki) is from the leaf :thumbsup:

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

You are thinking Mario World. Feather gives you the cape. Mario 3 racoon (tanooki) is from the leaf :thumbsup:

I stand corrected it is a leaf(y)

[be...]
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I still have it now a little but has got a lot better. First 3 months off it was bad. I'm in my fifth month.

im a FPS maniac and I miss all those games. I used to play red dead redemption 2 and FarCry until  March and I really miss them. 

I want my life back so bad

Edited by [be...]
  • Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

I stand corrected it is a leaf(y)

Mario world, also a classic.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[b...] said:

im a FPS manic and I miss all those games. I used to play red dead redemption 2 and FarCry until  March and I really miss them. 

I want my life back so bad

You'll play them again soon.(y)

• Love 1

[be...]
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Resident Evil 4 will forever be one of the bests. 90s/00s were the best for games. Now it is all graphics/cinematics/microtransactions.

i love all residemt eveil series games. i want my life back...

Edited by [be...]
  • Like 1

[Hu...]
Just now, [[b...] said:

i love all residemt eveil series. i want my life back...

But now is a good time to focus on things that bring real relaxation. Breathing techniques, exercise, diet, TRE, 

• Like 2

[Cr...]
1 minute ago, [[b...] said:

i love all residemt eveil series games. i want my life back...

Calm down young grasshopper. You will heal in due time. You wouldn't wanna rush the workers repairing something as delicate as the brain eh?

It doesn't seem like it now, but life will get better. When you recover just don't go hog wild with alcohol or tempt fate again with benzos and you should be fine. 

You will be able to enjoy gunning down your enemies in FPS again, however wrong that looks.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[be...]
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Calm down young grasshopper. You will heal in due time. You wouldn't wanna rush the workers repairing something as delicate as the brain eh?

It doesn't seem like it now, but life will get better. When you recover just don't go hog wild with alcohol or tempt fate again with benzos and you should be fine. 

You will be able to enjoy gunning down your enemies in FPS again, however wrong that looks.

im sorry but i feel like it because im a short time user and i was just normal until march.

[jo...]
Just now, [[b...] said:

im sorry but i feel like it because im a short time user and i was just normal until march.

It hasn't been that long. It sounds like your still in acute. You could get better sooner rather than later, You never know.

• Love 1

[be...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

It hasn't been that long. It sounds like your still in acute. You could get better sooner rather than later, You never know.

i hope so... it just feels awful now.

thank u

[jo...]
Just now, [[b...] said:

thank u

Yeah it sucks balls. But it ends. You'll be ok trust me.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

[Cr...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Yeah it sucks balls. But it ends. You'll be ok trust me.

Come on jon, i know it is Pride Month but really? lol better euphemisms out there 

• Haha 1

[Cr...]
4 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

thank u

That is because you are always going to be in the 'now'. You can remember the past and think about the future, but you will only ever feel the present. And sadly you are going through withdrawal presently, but it will end. 

Your future may be feeling normal again, but it needs more time to become the present.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[jo...]

Most of the horror stories on here involve long term users who are polydrugged, have other health issues etc. From what I can gather you are not in this demographic. This gives you a lot to be positive about imo.

[Si...]
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I'd beg the differ. resident evil 1 remake is far better. re4 is for the non horror lovers imo.

Ontopic: watching thats 70s show has helped me, as in having light entertainment distracting for a few hours from w/d.

Edited by [Si...]

[En...]
12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I love RE4. Great game. I liked them all. Good thinking strategy games. Also liked Final Fantasy 7. And Far Cry. I will pay those again one day. 

[Kr...]
On 08/06/2024 at 21:16, [[H...] said:

But now is a good time to focus on things that bring real relaxation. Breathing techniques, exercise, diet, TRE, 

Dark chocolate 🍫 

[mr...]

I can relate, i had to watch a show called "home movies" by brendan smalls use to come on adult swim.

Really easy to follow, horribly drawn cartoon that focuses on the dialogue between characters also super funny

just a really easy show to watch without being confused or hit with anxiety/ de-realization and depresonalization 

[be...]

i wish i only had emotional symtoms. mine is too physical and it makes my eyes and brain freal out when i look at tv or computers

• Sad 1

[En...]
7 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I can relate, i had to watch a show called "home movies" by brendan smalls use to come on adult swim.

Really easy to follow, horribly drawn cartoon that focuses on the dialogue between characters also super funny

just a really easy show to watch without being confused or hit with anxiety/ de-realization and depresonalization 

I'll have to watch that one. 

• Like 1