A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Is this going to get better?

[Su...]

Hi, 2 months off low dose of Clonazepam that was taking for approx.15 years. I did a taper that lasted 6 months. I have had days where I felt OK  and thought it was getting easier but the last week I feel so scared about everything, my vision is off, having extreme anxiety, went to ER last weekend due to an ocular migraine(never had this b4), internal shaking ,my blood pressure is high for first time in my life, feel like my throat is closing up, to name a few;) Ugh. I guess my question is is  any of this normal? Will I ever get better? Thank you

• Like 1

[Bu...]

Hello @[Su...],

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Congratulations on being off Clonazepam; that's a huge accomplishment!   I'm sorry that you are dealing with such rough symptoms right now.  Two months off is still very early in recovery.  So, yes, this is all very normal and it will improve over time.  The vast majority of people who have taken benzos heal completely given enough time.  I know that the symptoms can be quite frightening and painful, but they are all signs of healing.

I took Clonazepam for about 20 years, have been off of it for about 9 months and I am healing.  Can I ask what dose you were taking? 

I'm really glad you found us and we'll do our best to support you during this journey.

• Like 2

[be...]
55 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Hi, 2 months off low dose of Clonazepam that was taking for approx.15 years. I did a taper that lasted 6 months. I have had days where I felt OK  and thought it was getting easier but the last week I feel so scared about everything, my vision is off, having extreme anxiety, went to ER last weekend due to an ocular migraine(never had this b4), internal shaking ,my blood pressure is high for first time in my life, feel like my throat is closing up, to name a few;) Ugh. I guess my question is is  any of this normal? Will I ever get better? Thank you

my wd was like that. even when i took xanax for just 30 days.

it is slightly got a bit better after 40 days but everything is just so wrong.

akathisis, hypersensitivity, tremor, depersonalization are the worst for me now

• Like 1

[Su...]

Thanks for your response and congrats to you too. I was on .75mg daily. I appreciate the support. 

[be...]
8 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Thanks for your response and congrats to you too. I was on .75mg daily. I appreciate the support. 

i hope u get well soon. 

it is still very horrible for me but i just try to survive day by day too.

cheers

• Like 1

[Bu...]

@[Su...],

Thanks for the "congrats", I really appreciate it!  This is a very knowledgeable community and one of the things I learned here is that my dose of .5 mgs a day wasn't really a low dose.  It wasn't terribly high, just not low.  So, please don't be alarmed if healing takes longer than what it seems like it should sometimes, it really is all very normal. 

• Like 1

[Su...]
4 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[Su...],

Thanks for the "congrats", I really appreciate it!  This is a very knowledgeable community and one of the things I learned here is that my dose of .5 mgs a day wasn't really a low dose.  It wasn't terribly high, just not low.  So, please don't be alarmed if healing takes longer than what it seems like it should sometimes, it really is all very normal. 

Good to know. Thanks again

• Like 1

[En...]
10 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Yes it does get better. I find you will have good days and bad days. One day is not the same as the next. 

I have learned to accept this and tell myself I am just having a bad day and tomorrow will be better and it always usually is. I am not completely done my taper but this I do notice. 

You have made the ultimate accomplishment in getting yourself off. Keep looking forward to your healing and much better days ahead.

• Like 3

[Su...]
3 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Yes it does get better. I find you will have good days and bad days. One day is not the same as the next. 

I have learned to accept this and tell myself I am just having a bad day and tomorrow will be better and it always usually is. I am not completely done my taper but this I do notice. 

You have made the ultimate accomplishment in getting yourself off. Keep looking forward to your healing and much better days ahead.

Thank you! 

• Like 1

[He...]

Hi! There is a YouTube video out there about the 2-6 month mark in benzo recovery being really tough. I found it really reassuring as I too hit a rough patch at 2 months out. I’m now 3.5 months off Ativan and hopeful to turn a bit of a corner soon. We are not alone. If I can survive this and still be on here cheering you on then I know you got this! We will both get there in time. 

• Like 1

[jo...]

I started getting windows at around 2 1/2 - 3 months. I am now in a wave and they are horrible, and you can feel hopeless at times but it's all part of the process. A window could come soon.

• Like 1

[Re...]
On 07/06/2024 at 19:01, [[S...] said:

@[Su...]First of all, I love your handle. Secondly, what you describe sounds very typical. Symptoms may fluctuate, causing us fear and distress, but remember Occam's Razor: the simplest explanation is often the right one. It's benzo withdrawal. I went to the hospital ten times in the first six months and quickly learned the shortcomings of the medical system the hard way. The system that caused the problem could not cure it.

People report improvement over time, though the timelines can vary widely.

From what I've gathered, many stories involve undergoing a battery of medical tests, often at considerable expense, to rule out serious underlying issues. The results typically return normal because it's benzo withdrawal.

• Like 2

[Su...]
On 09/06/2024 at 16:37, [[j...] said:

I started getting windows at around 2 1/2 - 3 months. I am now in a wave and they are horrible, and you can feel hopeless at times but it's all part of the process. A window could come soon.

Thank you!

[Su...]
On 09/06/2024 at 16:29, [[H...] said:

Hi! There is a YouTube video out there about the 2-6 month mark in benzo recovery being really tough. I found it really reassuring as I too hit a rough patch at 2 months out. I’m now 3.5 months off Ativan and hopeful to turn a bit of a corner soon. We are not alone. If I can survive this and still be on here cheering you on then I know you got this! We will both get there in time. 

Thank you!

[Su...]
On 09/06/2024 at 16:37, [[j...] said:

All the best to you. Thanks!

• Like 1

[Sw...]

So may I ask what you jump off clonazepam at ?

Edited by [Sw...]

[Su...]
On 09/06/2024 at 16:29, [[H...] said:

Thank you!

[Su...]
On 11/06/2024 at 17:25, [[S...] said:

So may I ask what you jump off clonazepam at ?

My pharmacy was able to make me a liquid compound of Clonazepam so I tapered to a micro dose of .1 ML which was equivalent to .01 mg. 

[Su...]
On 08/06/2024 at 08:38, [[E...] said:

Thank you!