A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Prescribed Mirtazapine

[Le...]

the best place to start is having no idle time. i dont mean running marathons. i mean fighting the fatigue and walking, moping, gardening, sewing, just living like a healthy happy person would. I takes time for the effect and a lot of perseverance. 

• Like 2

[re...]

Jonwill:

I would have to say riding my bike about 15-20miles per day all throughout my taper and still doing it is helping me make great strides. But it is not easy at all and some days like yesterday I struggle but once done feel a real accomplishment and some kind of healing going on. It's real hard to explain. 

There were days in the thick of my taper when I was a mess even a bit dizzy and seeing flashing spots and in SO much pain in my muscles but I would still do a long 2 hour walk or a good bike ride and it would literally all go away at about the hour mark. I would push through and take some breaks if I needed is all. But NEVER turn back and just yell at myself like a Navy Seal commander. Lol. 

I really feel if when symptoms arise when you are exercising and you can talk yourself out of turning back around and riding through the fear of bodily sensations then it is better than the BEST cbt therapist and it is FREE of charge. 

The key to exercise is a proper warmup/down. 

Also staying etremely hydrated seems to alleviate many of my symptoms. 

Yes I see lots of problems with the Nicotine in this. Someone i am giving phone support to chews and I am trying to get him to taper off of it. I don't think it can be good. 

But on the other side. COFFEE has been a savior for me in all of this and I feel the mainstream vilification of coffee from the neurologist/psychiatry community  is odd and needs to be rethought. I wish when I was first hurt from the doctors in the ER and post care.......  I would of regularly drank coffee. Instead of all these weird isolated exogenous things in the form of drugs/natural supplements. I don't use any sugar but these pure monk fruit (no erythritol) flavored sweeteners and it is so tasty. 

I think it would of helped me heal faster. Coffee and basic non herbal tea like green, black, oolong, etc have so many proven health benefits and especially for the brain. But caffeine in it's pure form though in the form of energy drinks has been an epidemic for us and has contributed to our mental health crisis I believe. 

• Like 1

[re...]

I turn my anger of the doctors who hurt me and made a mockery of me into exercise and it has been very positive for me. 

[re...]

Also Lee1978a makes a great point. I started getting on bike/cycling forums instead of medical sites, psychiatry damage stuff.  I think trying to be as normal as possible and getting back to things that a NORMAL person would do helps to retrain your brain into a healthy way of working instead of "doom and gloom" scrolling. I really don't think that kind of thing is healthy or conducive to healing our brains. 

• Like 3

[Co...]
33 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Also Lee1978a makes a great point. I started getting on bike/cycling forums instead of medical sites, psychiatry damage stuff.  I think trying to be as normal as possible and getting back to things that a NORMAL person would do helps to retrain your brain into a healthy way of working instead of "doom and gloom" scrolling. I really don't think that kind of thing is healthy or conducive to healing our brains. 

Definitely!

[jo...]

has anyone ever had a bad reaction from first dose of mirt?

[fa...]
20 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

has anyone ever had a bad reaction from first dose of mirt?

No but it did cause me lower back spasms 

• Like 1

[Le...]

i think most notice things early on and as time goes by less. prob decreases partly because body and mind gets used to it some and the intoxication/cognitive deficits cover up some.  

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 1

[Le...]

you are creating an imbalance and malfunction in your body because the effect is supposedly preferable. your body will fight it some and the effect will get less over time. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
2 hours ago, [[f...] said:

No but it did cause me lower back spasms 

Hi face234. Was it effective for you in any way?

[jo...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

you are creating an imbalance and malfunction in your body because the effect is supposedly preferable. your body will fight it some and the effect will get less over time. 

I was thinking about using it here and there for sleep so as not to become dependant. Do you think thats possible. There's others on here who use it that way.

[fa...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

Hi face234. Was it effective for you in any way?

It just made me sleep. The side effects weren't worth it.  You can look on FB if you have one. There is a mirt page.  Similar side effects to benzos

• Like 1

[fa...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

I was thinking about using it here and there for sleep so as not to become dependant. Do you think thats possible. There's others on here who use it that way.

I think using it here and there was my issue. It can cause kindling. Ssri and ssnri aren't suppose to be used like that. 

• Like 1

@[jo...], i agree. Mirtazapine isn't supposed to be used this way. No good. How much do you sleep? Unfortunately we can hardly avoid sleepless nights during the process. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]

I can understand your hesitation jonwil, as there have been members saying you can take mirt as needed and others saying it should be taken daily on a regular basis.

I don't have personal experience with mirt so the opinions of members that have used it hold far more weight than my own.

I just want to remind you that no matter how many good or bad experiences you read about this medication, there is no way to determine how you will react to it until you try.

I don't think a small dose (3.75 to 7.5) will affect you too greatly beyond sleepiness. If you do experience negative effects after one dose then don't take anymore and the side effects should clear up quickly.

Of course if you want to remain med-free that is an option as well. No amount of discussion is going to change how mirt actually affects you when taken.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

sleep is all over the place tbh so its hard to sum up. Sometimes only 1 hour.

If you sleep 1 hour one night, is the next night's sleep better? 

21 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Usually but sometimes not much. Sometimes I get around 5 hours but not that often atm.

I think it's really ok for the time being, not great but very common. I slept about the same in spite of all my mirt. Just don't panic over it. 

• Like 1