A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

First anxiety

Am pre taper,  hit tolerance,  mostly physical symptoms so far.

Took my noon dose,  in minutes first ever anxiety feelings have set on. Never experienced this kind of anxiety in life ever before. I was feeling waves of milder anxiety over the last fortnight.

What is happening 

[Ma...]

Time to create your tool box: breathing exercises, guided 3 minute meditation on Insight Timer app, observe the sensations; say to self, ‘The Train has left the station, my psychology will fix it’…and so on.

If you can read, Claire Weekes book Help and Healing for the Nerves, was a ground breaking book explaining exactly what is happening in your body.

Remember this is a symptom, a symptom of your body correcting itself and will eventually go away.

jenswanphd on YouTube has great videos about this.

• Like 2

Thanks Mary. I will practise breathing and get a meditation source I can quickly access. 

This is chemical in nature. 

• Like 1

[or...]

I'm not sure if you've already looked into Tolerance WD or not, but wondering if you might be better getting a taper started??  I was sick before I started my taper, and I've gotten better over time, mostly, the brain-fog lifting. 

I did taper, too much at first, per my doctor, at a quarter tablet a month broken just by using my fingernails.  Not accurate at all, then here on BB I learned to use my scale, and I shave off my doses with a single edge razor blade, oregonlady :hug:

• Like 3

I have a question. I have some important tasks to complete. 

Is the beginning of the taper difficult? Do withdrawal symptoms get bad right away? How can I get started so that I'm still functional for another 8 weeks atleast? 

[Ma...]

Nobody can answer that. Just get started…and manage everything as it comes.

Try to stay in the moment; don’t think, just ‘do’. No amount of anxiety is going to predict or alter the future. 

Just this breath, just this moment…

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
[in...]
On 07/06/2024 at 13:05, [[M...] said:

Time to create your tool box: breathing exercises, guided 3 minute meditation on Insight Timer app, observe the sensations; say to self, ‘The Train has left the station, my psychology will fix it’…and so on.

If you can read, Claire Weekes book Help and Healing for the Nerves, was a ground breaking book explaining exactly what is happening in your body.

Remember this is a symptom, a symptom of your body correcting itself and will eventually go away.

jenswanphd on YouTube has great videos about this.

Insight timer cost money though right? Using it I mean