Important Survey - Please Participate ×

FOOD TO AVOID DURING WITHDRAWAL

[Cr...]
3 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I am very sorry about this negative post. My apologies

It's ok carlos. It is good to vent your thoughts and feelings. The intensity of your symptoms is normal for what you just went through and it may take just a little longer to stablize.

You still on .75 mg of clonazepam correct?

[ca...]
5 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

It's ok carlos. It is good to vent your thoughts and feelings. The intensity of your symptoms is normal for what you just went through and it may take just a little longer to stablize.

You still on .75 mg of clonazepam correct?

Yes, that is correct

[En...]
22 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I am very sorry about this negative post. My apologies

It is understandable I am also not feeling well today. It is torture to go through this daily. You will feel better with time. I will too.

[An...]

Hang in there, Carlos my friend. When you take the .75 mgs of K, how do you feel and for how long?

[ca...]
3 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Hang in there, Carlos my friend. When you take the .75 mgs of K, how do you feel and for how long?

I take .25mg like around 4am when my symptoms start. It is only good like for 4 hrs then i take another .25mg, good for another 4 hrs, then the last .25mg

The anxiety is just unbearable 

[An...]
1 minute ago, [[c...] said:

I take .25mg like around 4am when my symptoms start. It is only good like for 4 hrs then i take another .25mg, good for another 4 hrs, then the last .25mg

So, you are getting 12 hours of anti-anxiety coverage in each 24-hour day?

You are clearly tolerant to some degree.

Have you ever taken or considered trying Valium?

[jo...]

Anxiety can be really cruel. In fact this whole process can be. I remember day after day of intense anxiety thinking it would never end. It ends, trust me. You've got to just keep going. My anxiety is a lot more sporadic now which is a big improvement. it will be like that for you too.

[Cr...]
44 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

When I reinstated to my original dose of klonopin after a visit to the ER it took several weeks for my anxiety to stablize. Just continue to take it at the same time and amount and your nervous system should hopefully settle down soon. Just continue to keep us updated. Don't leave out any improvements you notice either.

Edited by [Cr...]

[ca...]
17 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

So, you are getting 12 hours of anti-anxiety coverage in each 24-hour day?

You are clearly tolerant to some degree.

Have you ever taken or considered trying Valium?

Yes, it gets better at night buy once my brain is fully alert in the early am it hits me like a train.

Honestly,  i would not consider switching to a new benzo.

[ca...]
28 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

When I reinstated to my original dose of klonopin after a visit to the ER it took several weeks for my anxiety to stablize. Just continue to take it at the same time and amount and your nervous system should hopefully settle down soon. Just continue to keep us updated. Don't leave out any improvements you notice either.

So, anxiety stabilize based on small GAba production or the brain getting used to the smaller dose? 

[Cr...]
23 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Yes, it gets better at night buy once my brain is fully alert in the early am it hits me like a train.

Honestly,  i would not consider switching to a new benzo.

That is very common. Many people, myself included, felt the best at late evening or night and felt the worst in the morning. 

You can worry about tapering later once you recover from the effects of your fast taper and hospital stay. 

[Cr...]
3 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

So, anxiety stabilize based on small GAba production or the brain getting used to the smaller dose? 

Well you aren't on a smaller dose anymore but back to your original dose correct? You are back up to .75 mg to hopefully give your body time to recover from the effects of your fast taper. It can take some time. 

[ca...]
22 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Well you aren't on a smaller dose anymore but back to your original dose correct? You are back up to .75 mg to hopefully give your body time to recover from the effects of your fast taper. It can take some time. 

I really feel that im going crazy today. Zero sleep last night, anxiety 10x worse, my brain does not feel right at all. 

[Cr...]
4 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I really feel that im going crazy today. Zero sleep last night, anxiety 10x worse, my brain does not feel right at all. 

You are not going to go crazy. It will certainly feel like that and sometimes it will feel pretty darn close, but those thoughts are typical for a highly anxious state. Your brain is desperately making changes to stabilize from the quick changes made over a short period of time (fast taper, reinstatement).

Was your mirtazipine dose changed while in hospital?

Edited by [Cr...]

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

You are not going to go crazy. It will certainly feel like that and sometimes it will feel pretty darn close. Your brain is desperately making changes to stabilize from all the changes made over a short period of time (fast taper, reinstatement).

Was your mirtazipine dose changed while in hospital?

No, it was the same dose but im also considering tapering. Not sure if is a good idea to start now. I've been on it for over a year 15mg.  I have tried 7.5 mg before and it does not work well. In fact, Mirtazapine sometimes works and sometimes does not like last night. 

My brain feels foggy, anxious,heavy, tight.  So is my chest, my breathing. A sense of impending doom. Im really scared to be honest. I feel that I dont have control over my body, it is just such a weird feeling Crono.

Edited by [ca...]

[Cr...]
46 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

My brain feels foggy, anxious,heavy, tight.  So is my chest, my breathing. A sense of impending doom. Im really scared to be honest. I feel that I dont have control over my body, it is just such a weird feeling Crono.

I know that feeling Carlos, I was there :hug:It is very scary. You want nothing more than to feel normal again. You have so many symptoms right now and many are probably intense. Just try one thing right now... focus on the tight feeling in your head. Did focusing on it make it better, worse, no change? I bet it didn't make it better.

Now do your best not to focus on the tight feeling in your head for about 15 seconds by focusing on another symptom. If you succeeded, you probably noticed that your head tightness once again did not improve by trying to ignore it.

The whole point was for you to realize that these symptoms are going to be around during your recovery no matter what you do. So you may as well choose to 'accept' their presence for the time being and try not to worry about them, as worrying does zero to benefit you. In fact worrying can make the symptoms feel even worse. So if "damned if you do, damned if you don't" applies to your current state, you may as well take the 'don't' path.

These symptoms are merely sensation brought on by your body trying to adapt to your current regimen. If you need reassurance then go get as many tests done as needed for your peace of mind.

I hope some improvements come your way shortly.

Edited by [Cr...]

[En...]
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

No, it was the same dose but im also considering tapering. Not sure if is a good idea to start now. I've been on it for over a year 15mg.  I have tried 7.5 mg before and it does not work well. In fact, Mirtazapine sometimes works and sometimes does not like last night. 

Hang in there Carlos everyday that goes by you are closer to feeling better. Try to do the same routine everyday dont deviate from it. Take the same amount of meds the same time everyday. Go to bed and wake up the same time everyday. 

Like Crono said try to accept the feelings as temporary they are not permanent. If you accept what you are feeling you will do better because you wont panic. I have learned to accept what I feel and tell myself it is not permanent and it will get better. It is difficult to do that when you feel such intense feelings. Tell yourself you have learned a lesson and will start to taper slower so you dont feel like this again. Buy yourself a scale from Amazon and start to take the exact same weight of pill everyday so you are not fluctuating in daily doses. Shave the pills with a metal nail file. Weigh out 10 pills to get the average weight. The trick is to keep your daily routines the exact same everyday. Same daily dose at the same daily times. Dont take pills when you feel like it. Make a specific times to take your pills. Your brain does not like change. It wants to keep a balance. 

This is what I have learned. 

[ca...]
22 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Hang in there Carlos everyday that goes by you are closer to feeling better. Try to do the same routine everyday dont deviate from it. Take the same amount of meds the same time everyday. Go to bed and wake up the same time everyday. 

Like Crono said try to accept the feelings as temporary they are not permanent. If you accept what you are feeling you will do better because you wont panic. I have learned to accept what I feel and tell myself it is not permanent and it will get better. It is difficult to do that when you feel such intense feelings. Tell yourself you have learned a lesson and will start to taper slower so you dont feel like this again. Buy yourself a scale from Amazon and start to take the exact same weight of pill everyday so you are not fluctuating in daily doses. Shave the pills with a metal nail file. Weigh out 10 pills to get the average weight. The trick is to keep your daily routines the exact same everyday. Same daily dose at the same daily times. Dont take pills when you feel like it. Make a specific times to take your pills. Your brain does not like change. It wants to keep a balance. 

This is what I have learned. 

I am so short of breath. It would not go away for days now.

[En...]
2 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I am so short of breath. It would not go away for days now.

It will get better my friend. You have us for support. You will feel great again. It may seem like forever now. But it wont be. God is with you and me. 

[ca...]
19 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

It will get better my friend. You have us for support. You will feel great again. It may seem like forever now. But it wont be. God is with you and me. 

Is this increased heart rate/ palpitations going to last the whole taper? 

[En...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

It will go away after the acute stage is over. It is a symptom just like all the other symptoms they all go away. If you taper slower next time you will not have these extreme symptoms again. 

[ca...]
5 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

It will go away after the acute stage is over. It is a symptom just like all the other symptoms they all go away. If you taper slower next time you will not have these extreme symptoms again. 

Oh man, it makes it so difficult to get a good deep breath.

[En...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

Oh man, it makes it so difficult to get a good deep breath.

Short breath is a withdrawal symptom so is heart palpitations. Think of your heart palpitations as if you were running for a bus. Same thing is happening no problem is really there  

[jo...]

I've had a couple of days shallow breathing too. Anxiety in all it's forms is the worst symptom imo. It makes it almost impossible to even pretend to be a normal human being.

[Cr...]
27 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

It will come and go just like other symptoms. If it is from your anxiety, this breathing technique can help lower your bpm.