Important Survey - Please Participate ×

FOOD TO AVOID DURING WITHDRAWAL

[ca...]
On 04/06/2024 at 13:56, [[c...] said:

Screw that. I'm sofocating right now but I'm holding on to God my friend. The tightness on the chest is horrible but I am sucking it up.  How old are you? I'm on Florida, where are you?

I have a question for you Eng101. My Testosterone is very low. Have you tried T replacement while tapering? Is it a bad idea to do so? What is your advice.  

[ca...]
4 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Hi @[ca...]

I had diarrhea and my stomach was so bad i had to go to the bathroom everytime i used to eat anything, several times a day for moths and that was all cause of the anxiety and before the WD.

It took me 2 months to taper 0.75mg of diazepam wich is like 0.075mg of clonazepam but going very slow has improved my symptoms and i dont have any anxiety and my stomach is totally normal again.

I had to learn it the hard way like most fellows here, i started my taper cutting too fast and i ended up very sick, i lost 25 pounds (12 kilos) and i couldnt eat.

After i stabilized holding for a whole month i went micro taper and everything is much better now, i am not fully functional but at least i am not bed bound and i can do most stuff inside the house and even go outside a couple of days a week to go to the pharmacy and other tasks.

I hope you get better soon.

Thank you Dolvian. I definitely have to readjust my taper. 

• Like 1

[En...]
16 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

The anxiety is causing social phobia big time. I hope it subsides.

That is ok that will pass as well. That is normal dont let it bother you.

• Like 1

[Do...]
1 hour ago, [[E...] said:

That is ok that will pass as well. That is normal dont let it bother you.

I agree. When you feel really bad you dont go outside, you dont talk to people but when you feel better you will able and want to go outside and do things you can't do now.

Just take care and dont hurry.

• Like 1

[Re...]
On 03/06/2024 at 14:25, [[c...] said:

Hello, I am going through my low dose of my taper of Klonoping and experiencing gastrointestinal issues. Anxiety is making eat anything and everything pretty much all the time.  Can someone advice based on experienced what food to avoid?

Anxiety is very bad which is keeping me from going out and all I do is munch. Of course, restlessness, agitation and very desperate as I feel the confinement at home.

There is no concrete answer to this as everyone tolerates foods differently. I tried many diets and approaches, some made me worse, and none made me better. I'm sharing this not to discourage you but to highlight the complexity. We have to eat. Healed people who I speak with tell me to eat what I can. I eat an organic low glycemic, low histamine zero sugar gluten-free diet. Others find success with keto, carnivore, or vegan diets. Some people eat junk food and heal. I am not recommending that but I have read those stories. My whole point is what works for another may not work for you. I wish you the best of luck with this.

[Cr...]
9 hours ago, [[c...] said:

I have a question for you Eng101. My Testosterone is very low. Have you tried T replacement while tapering? Is it a bad idea to do so? What is your advice.  

What was your T? Was it just Total T or Free T that was low?

During recovery (and my worst wave), i got some tests done and my Total T was 170-ish with normal being around 300 to 1000 ng/dL, but my Free T was normal. 

After I recovered from BW it went back into the normal range and never dipped that low again. So I don't know if it was withdrawal or stress but something messed with my hormones. 

TRT requires consistent use and many have to use it for life. In your state you may be more sensitive to the side effects of TRT, so you may want to consider getting off benzos and recovering first.

• Like 1

[En...]
19 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Listen to Crono. 

[ca...]
12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

What was your T? Was it just Total T or Free T that was low?

During recovery (and my worst wave), i got some tests done and my Total T was 170-ish with normal being around 300 to 1000 ng/dL, but my Free T was normal. 

After I recovered from BW it went back into the normal range and never dipped that low again. So I don't know if it was withdrawal or stress but something messed with my hormones. 

TRT requires consistent use and many have to use it for life. In your state you may be more sensitive to the side effects of TRT, so you may want to consider getting off benzos and recovering first.

Thank you for your input Crono. Today I've been feeling really bad. Since 1 am with palpitations,  hangover type of headaches,  tremors, nausea, . It is almost 12pm and I'm still in bed. This is really bad. Hope is all related to the taper/WD. 

• Love 1

[ca...]
5 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Thank you for your input Crono. Today I've been feeling really bad. Since 1 am with palpitations,  hangover type of headaches,  tremors, nausea, . It is almost 12pm and I'm still in bed. This is really bad. Hope is all related to the taper/WD. 

Heightened anxiety to the max. 😏😏

[En...]
28 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Heightened anxiety to the max. 😏😏

It will get better. Hang in there.

[ca...]
8 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

It will get better. Hang in there.

It is so debilitating.  I can't do anything. Oh Lord,please help me

[En...]
25 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Yes it is I know how that feels. It will ease. It is torture to go through. Just rest for now you will feel better 

[jo...]
29 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

In my experience of persistant bad anxiety throughout the day it reaches a point where it cuts off quite quickly. It will stop. Hang in there.

[ca...]
27 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Yes it is I know how that feels. It will ease. It is torture to go through. Just rest for now you will feel better 

Eng101, where can I find your story? I'd like to use it as inspiration. 

[En...]
44 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I have history in my profile if you want to read it. I have also made daily status updates when I was sick.

[En...]
53 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I remember feeling so anxious I couldn't breath. I just wanted to be left alone and even one of my cats coming to me was annoying. I couldn't turn on the TV and felt like I was going to come out of my skin. It did ease up closer to bedtime but I had severe anxiety all day. Just know it will get better as the days go by. The intensity of the anxiety will be less each day. When you feel up to it I think it is a good idea to get outside and walk. It helps me. But when I am extremely anxious I just wanted to stay inside my house. I didnt even want to go outside. 

It will get better. Hang in there a few days more.

• Like 1

[ca...]
1 minute ago, [[E...] said:

I remember feeling so anxious I couldn't breath. I just wanted to be left alone and even one of my cats coming to me was annoying. I couldn't turn on the TV and felt like I was going to come out of my skin. It did ease up closer to bedtime but I had severe anxiety all day. Just know it will get better as the days go by. The intensity of the anxiety will be less each day. When you feel up to it I think it is a good idea to get outside and walk. It helps me. But when I am extremely anxious I just wanted to stay inside my house. I didnt even want to go outside. 

It will get better. Hang in there a few days more.

Are you one of the coaches for Benzobuddies.org 

Your words are very encouraging 

[En...]
22 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Are you one of the coaches for Benzobuddies.org 

Your words are very encouraging 

No I am just a member but I am currently going through this as well. I am someone who knows what you are going through. We all need support in this and we are the only ones who know what this is like. 

• Like 2

[ca...]
21 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

No I am just a member but I am currently going through this as well. I am someone who knows what you are going through. We all need support in this and we are the only ones who know what this is like. 

Appreciate it my friend.

• Like 1

[En...]
2 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Appreciate it my friend.

Anytime we are in the same boat.

[ca...]

Good morning, I'm in bad shape need words of encouragement.  I feel like I'm missing part of my brain, distress on my head,palpitations.  Tempted to take a pill just to feel better for a few hours. This is such a lengthy process

[En...]
2 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Good morning, I'm in bad shape need words of encouragement.  I feel like I'm missing part of my brain, distress on my head,palpitations.  Tempted to take a pill just to feel better for a few hours. This is such a lengthy process

It is morning which is the hardest part of the day. I know this all too well. I am also feeling a bit off today. We are suffering but we will get through this. Taking a pill is very tempting when we feel awful we just want relief. However taking a pill is not a good idea as you are working hard to get off. You need to keep going forward and tell yourself you will feel better with more time. It is tortuous to go through daily. You can do it. 

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

It is morning which is the hardest part of the day. I know this all too well. I am also feeling a bit off today. We are suffering but we will get through this. Taking a pill is very tempting when we feel awful we just want relief. However taking a pill is not a good idea as you are working hard to get off. You need to keep going forward and tell yourself you will feel better with more time. It is tortuous to go through daily. You can do it. 

Thank you...

[En...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

Thank you...

Keep going Carlos you are strong. Live each hour by hour. You and me will get through this.