Important Survey - Please Participate ×

FOOD TO AVOID DURING WITHDRAWAL

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[c...] said:

They are going to discharge me today. Doctors hace no knowledge of how to treat withdrawals or have the proper training.  One was suggesting to go into a detox center which I already tried they almost kill me.  There os no way you can taper at these places in 5,15 or 30 days. I will go home and continue my homework in the name of God. 

Maybe hold the dose you are on until you stabalize. 

[ca...]
1 hour ago, [[E...] said:

Maybe hold the dose you are on until you stabalize. 

Eng101, is your anxiety really bad as well? How do you feel when anxious? My is bad, really bad. Constant fight or flight the entire day.chest pain, short of breath, tense. 

[En...]
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

Eng101, is your anxiety really bad as well? How do you feel when anxious? My is bad, really bad. Constant fight or flight the entire day.chest pain, short of breath, tense. 

Yes that is a common symptom I have that as well. 

It will take you a month or two to feel better but you will feel better. Hold your dose until you feel better then reduce slower. 

Let me know how your progress. I am praying for your recovery. 

• Like 1

[En...]

I had anxiety like yours for about 2 weeks then it eased up. Today was a bad day I had anxiety this morning. I will hold until I feel more confident I can move forward.

You should hold until you feel better too. We are in the same boat.

[ca...]
54 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I had anxiety like yours for about 2 weeks then it eased up. Today was a bad day I had anxiety this morning. I will hold until I feel more confident I can move forward.

You should hold until you feel better too. We are in the same boat.

Eng101, How many hours of sleep are you getting a night?

[En...]
5 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Eng101, How many hours of sleep are you getting a night?

Maybe 6. I go to sleep then wake up lots during the night. I guess you call it interrupted sleep.

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Maybe 6. I go to sleep then wake up lots during the night. I guess you call it interrupted sleep.

6 is not bad at all considering that you don't take anything for sleep. I take mirtazapine 15mg otherwise I believe I would not sleep at all.

[En...]
6 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

6 is not bad at all considering that you don't take anything for sleep. I take mirtazapine 15mg otherwise I believe I would not sleep at all.

My sleep is not sound. It is choppy 6hrs but I guess it is better than what some people on this site go through. I am grateful I get 6hrs of any sleep. 

[Cr...]
5 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Have you tried taking only 7.5 mg of mirtazapine? Supposedly 7.5 is more sedating than 15 mgs. Sometimes less is more with certain meds. If you have been on 15 for several months you may want to taper to avoid withdrawal.

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Have you tried taking only 7.5 mg of mirtazapine? Supposedly 7.5 is more sedating than 15 mgs. Sometimes less is more with certain meds. If you have been on 15 for several months you may want to taper to avoid withdrawal.

I have been on it for over a year with. I will try 7.5 tonight.

Edited by [ca...]

[ca...]

Hello guys, just at home continue to having severe Breathlessness and anxiety after leaving the hospital yesterday. Hope this subsides sooner than later. I'm literally losing my mind 

• Like 2

[En...]
3 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Hello guys, just at home continue to having severe Breathlessness and anxiety after leaving the hospital yesterday. Hope this subsides sooner than later. I'm literally losing my mind 

Hang in there Carlos it does get better. Give yourself at least a month to recover.

[ca...]
7 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Hang in there Carlos it does get better. Give yourself at least a month to recover.

7 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I am so sad Eng101, is not even funny. I look myself in the mirror and I look so beat up. Is like if I put 5 extra years on me. I really hope that this gets better. My selfsteem is below yhe surface lately. I also have a jock itch that would not go away.  My only hope continues to be the grace of God. 

Thank you my friend for your words of encouragement.  🙏🏻

[En...]
2 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I am so sad Eng101, is not even funny. I look myself in the mirror and I look so beat up. Is like if I put 5 extra years on me. I really hope that this gets better. My selfsteem is below yhe surface lately. I also have a jock itch that would not go away.  My only hope continues to be the grace of God. 

Thank you my friend for your words of encouragement.  🙏🏻

You will recover. I was in the same condition as you. It does get better. Keep your faith. 

[jo...]
19 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Six hours sounds good to me(y)

• Like 1

[Cr...]
38 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Carlos you are back at .75 mg correct? Like Eng101 has said, it could take several weeks to a month for you to get stable. Just try to hold out, you will get there.  

Make sure to take your klon at the same time every day. If you took it in the morning you may want to do night instead since it could help you sleep. Or you could do .25 in the morning and .50 at night, as some people find split doses keep their symptoms more even.

• Like 2

[ca...]
On 07/06/2024 at 12:57, [[E...] said:

Good morning Eng101,

You said that you were also short of breath for some time???  This is killing me. I feel that I can barely get my air.

[En...]
12 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Good morning Eng101,

You said that you were also short of breath for some time???  This is killing me. I feel that I can barely get my air.

Yes I had a hard time breathing. It gets better with time. 

You are suffering right now but you will feel much better in a few weeks. Unfortunately you need to go through this to get better. 

I suffered for about 3 weeks before I got some relief. All you can do now is make sure you drink water and eat whenever you feel you can. 

When you feeling better go outside as much as you can. Get some fresh air and sunshine. If you can go for walks. It helps. 

Hang in there Carlos you are on the mend. 

[ca...]
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Yes I had a hard time breathing. It gets better with time. 

You are suffering right now but you will feel much better in a few weeks. Unfortunately you need to go through this to get better. 

I suffered for about 3 weeks before I got some relief. All you can do now is make sure you drink water and eat whenever you feel you can. 

When you feeling better go outside as much as you can. Get some fresh air and sunshine. If you can go for walks. It helps. 

Hang in there Carlos you are on the mend. 

Thanks Eng101. Yes , the breathing is awful. I get tired just getting a shower.

How old are you by the way? And how many years did you use benzos?

[En...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

Thanks Eng101. Yes , the breathing is awful. I get tired just getting a shower.

How old are you by the way? And how many years did you use benzos?

I am 50 and I have been using for about 8 months including tapering. It is total hell going through this especially when you have an unsupportive Dr and environment. You have to be strong on your own and get support here. If it wasn't for the site I would be panicking. Use us for support Carlos we are the only ones who know what you are going through. 

Keep the faith. Pray for your strength and recovery. I do.

[ca...]
6 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I am 50 and I have been using for about 8 months including tapering. It is total hell going through this especially when you have an unsupportive Dr and environment. You have to be strong on your own and get support here. If it wasn't for the site I would be panicking. Use us for support Carlos we are the only ones who know what you are going through. 

Keep the faith. Pray for your strength and recovery. I do.

Thankfully you only used it for 8 months. I was on them for 2 years. 

Defenitely, no one knows the suffering. People in the outside take it so light and they get upset when you complain. I defenitely find comfort talking to Hod although sometimes I get upset because I'm suffering but he has a plan for us. We just have to go through the process and have that faith the size of a mustard seed. 

• Like 1

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[c...] said:

Defenitely, no one knows the suffering. People in the outside take it so light and they get upset when you complain. I defenitely find comfort talking to Hod although sometimes I get upset because I'm suffering but he has a plan for us. We just have to go through the process and have that faith the size of a mustard seed. 

Look at this as a life lesson by God. He wants you to value every moment you are alive and never take for granted your good health.

Take relief in knowing this suffering is only temporary and you will heal. Talk to God and he will keep you company. My faith helps me. The thought of a brighter future than before. 

• Like 1

[En...]

Carlos you live in a beautiful state. Go out as often  as you can. When you feel up to it go for daily walks. Listen to your favourite music. It helps alot. 

[ca...]
27 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Carlos you live in a beautiful state. Go out as often  as you can. When you feel up to it go for daily walks. Listen to your favourite music. It helps alot. 

The anxiety is causing social phobia big time. I hope it subsides.

[Do...]
Posted (edited)

Hi @[ca...]

I had diarrhea and my stomach was so bad i had to go to the bathroom everytime i used to eat anything, several times a day for moths and that was all cause of the anxiety and before the WD.

It took me 2 months to taper 0.75mg of diazepam wich is like 0.075mg of clonazepam but going very slow has improved my symptoms and i dont have any anxiety and my stomach is totally normal again.

I had to learn it the hard way like most fellows here, i started my taper cutting too fast and i ended up very sick, i lost 25 pounds (12 kilos) and i couldnt eat.

After i stabilized holding for a whole month i went micro taper and everything is much better now, i am not fully functional but at least i am not bed bound and i can do most stuff inside the house and even go outside a couple of days a week to go to the pharmacy and other tasks.

I hope you get better soon.

Edited by [Do...]
  • Like 1