Important Survey - Please Participate ×

FOOD TO AVOID DURING WITHDRAWAL

[ca...]

Hello, I am going through my low dose of my taper of Klonoping and experiencing gastrointestinal issues. Anxiety is making eat anything and everything pretty much all the time.  Can someone advice based on experienced what food to avoid?

Anxiety is very bad which is keeping me from going out and all I do is munch. Of course, restlessness, agitation and very desperate as I feel the confinement at home.

• Like 1

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

controlling blood sugar is a good idea. high fiber mostly lightly steamed veg or raw. i say to lightly steam to remove some microbes. 

avoiding food additives. artificial colors. sugars. high amounts of carbs. all a good idea for a easily irritated system. 

Edited by [Le...]

[En...]
15 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Hello, I am going through my low dose of my taper of Klonoping and experiencing gastrointestinal issues. Anxiety is making eat anything and everything pretty much all the time.  Can someone advice based on experienced what food to avoid?

Anxiety is very bad which is keeping me from going out and all I do is munch. Of course, restlessness, agitation and very desperate as I feel the confinement at home.

I have asked this question myself. I think what we eat the day before affects how we feel the next day. I attached my post above. Have a read. I have learned what to eat and what to avoid. I find there isn't alot I can eat that I used to eat. I have had to change my diet. I eat more raw vegetables and fruits. I can tolerate whole wheat bread so I eat sandwiches with chicken. Stay away from processed deli meats and cheeses. All the tasty foods I used to enjoy I have to stay away from now. Anything that has a strong taste stay away from. 

[Le...]
6 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I have asked this question myself. I think what we eat the day before affects how we feel the next day. I attached my post above. Have a read. I have learned what to eat and what to avoid. I find there isn't alot I can eat that I used to eat. I have had to change my diet. I eat more raw vegetables and fruits. I can tolerate whole wheat bread so I eat sandwiches with chicken. Stay away from processed deli meats and cheeses. All the tasty foods I used to enjoy I have to stay away from now. Anything that has a strong taste stay away from. 

Dont be distressed by this. As your diet improves those things you liked to eat will appeal to you very little. A healthy body craves healthy food. I havent eaten a sugary treat in well over a year and have no desire at all for them. Really wish it hadnt take this to clue me in to the effects of a healthy diet and exercise. Likely never would have ended up here if I knew before. 

• Like 1

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

Dont be distressed by this. As your diet improves those things you liked to eat will appeal to you very little. A healthy body craves healthy food. I havent eaten a sugary treat in well over a year and have no desire at all for them. Really wish it hadnt take this to clue me in to the effects of a healthy diet and exercise. Likely never would have ended up here if I knew before. 

I agree I will eat much healthier after this. I have found I have lost weight from changing my diet. I used to eat very unhealthy. I stay away from sugary foods and processed foods all of which are for convenience in time. I have baby carrots I will take a handful and munch on those instead of a bag of chips. I find if I eat too much cheese or salad dressing the next day is a tough one. 

Keep a log of what you eat and how you feel. Everyone is different. 

• Like 2

[An...]
17 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Are you overweight?

Are you eating healthy foods or mostly junk?

Where are you in your K taper?

[ca...]
52 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Are you overweight?

Are you eating healthy foods or mostly junk?

Where are you in your K taper?

I'm not overweight.  Eating healthy home made cooking. No fried, spicy or junk food. Avoiding sugars which is my weakness.  I'm at .25mg a day. Lots of anxiety,insomnia and fear to go out.

[An...]
28 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I'm not overweight.  Eating healthy home made cooking. No fried, spicy or junk food. Avoiding sugars which is my weakness.  I'm at .25mg a day. Lots of anxiety,insomnia and fear to go out.

What gastrointestinal issues are you dealing with besides the overeating? Sugar is also my Achilles Heel. I try to avoid as much as possible.

You are currently at .25 mgs of K. Where did you start from?

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

What gastrointestinal issues are you dealing with besides the overeating? Sugar is also my Achilles Heel. I try to avoid as much as possible.

You are currently at .25 mgs of K. Where did you start from?

I have some upper abdomen pain, kind of loose stools and it feels kind of sensitive. Like if I have yo go everytime I eat but I think is the nervous system.

I was at 3 mg

[An...]
1 minute ago, [[c...] said:

I have some upper abdomen pain, kind of loose stools and it feels kind of sensitive. Like if I have yo go everytime I eat but I think is the nervous system.

I was at 3 mg

Wow, you have come down a long way. Congrats. It could very well be an overactive CNS from the K w/d that is causing you the gastrointestinal issues. When do you expect to be finished with your w/d from the K?

• Like 1

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Wow, you have come down a long way. Congrats. It could very well be an overactive CNS from the K w/d that is causing you the gastrointestinal issues. When do you expect to be finished with your w/d from the K?

I'm planning to quit the .25mg within the next week or so in the name of Jesus.🙏🏻

• Like 1

[En...]
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

I was at 3 mg

I have this too. It's like I have a stomach flu. I had stomach digestion issues before this so it is probably exasperated. I find this drug will look for your weaknesses and push them over the limit. 

After I eat my stomach does a gurgle dance. Not to give too much info but when I have to go it cant wait lol. 

[ca...]
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I have this too. It's like I have a stomach flu. I had stomach digestion issues before this so it is probably exasperated. I find this drug will look for your weaknesses and push them over the limit. 

After I eat my stomach does a gurgle dance. Not to give too much info but when I have to go it cant wait lol. 

I also have flatulence all the time. Never had it either. Is like I can't control my stomach.

[En...]
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

I'm planning to quit the .25mg within the next week or so in the name of Jesus.🙏🏻

Be careful with that 0.25mg jump. I am at 0.25mg clonazepam myself and will do a 10% cut and hold to see how I handle that. I did a 0.25mg cut my last time and I suffered. I know we want to get off this stuff as fast as possible but you dont want to be in a position where you cannot tolerate the withdrawal symptoms and need to go back up. That's why I am going to taper 10% and see how I feel. 

[En...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

I also have flatulence all the time. Never had it either. Is like I can't control my stomach.

Yes that's normal. I have that as well. 

[ca...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

Be careful with that 0.25mg jump. I am at 0.25mg clonazepam myself and will do a 10% cut and hold to see how I handle that. I did a 0.25mg cut my last time and I suffered. I know we want to get off this stuff as fast as possible but you dont want to be in a position where you cannot tolerate the withdrawal symptoms and need to go back up. That's why I am going to taper 10% and see how I feel. 

What other symptoms did you experienced?  Right now I have heightened anxiety, agoraphobia, insomnia,breathlessness, skin issues(joke itch) the stomach issue, and now I see that my appetite is not like when I started the taper. Although I'm not active, I am losing weight. But the anxiety kills me as I'm at home and I feel confined. As much as I want to go out, the anxiety stops me.

[En...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

What other symptoms did you experienced?  Right now I have heightened anxiety, agoraphobia, insomnia,breathlessness, skin issues(joke itch) the stomach issue, and now I see that my appetite is not like when I started the taper. Although I'm not active, I am losing weight. But the anxiety kills me as I'm at home and I feel confined. As much as I want to go out, the anxiety stops me.

Yes I had/had all those. The anxiety is the worst. You will loose weight if you dont feel like eating. 

If you hold your taper until all those symptoms get better your taper will go better to the end. If you taper while feeling like you do you will add to the symptoms in severity. 

When was the last time you cut? 

[ca...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

Yes I had/had all those. The anxiety is the worst. You will loose weight if you dont feel like eating. 

If you hold your taper until all those symptoms get better your taper will go better to the end. If you taper while feeling like you do you will add to the symptoms in severity. 

When was the last time you cut? 

I cut like a week or so ago.  Yes, yhe anxiety is the worst. I feel like I can't breathe 

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I cut like a week or so ago.  Yes, the anxiety is the worst. I feel like I can't breathe 

I feel like crap yo be honest. I don't recognized myself in the mirror. I look like a crack addict from lack of sleep. Man, this is awful 😞😞😞  I'm 52 and 3 years ago when I started taking this crap I was a total different person. My skin has suffered and aged.

Edited by [ca...]
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[c...] said:

I cut like a week or so ago.  Yes, yhe anxiety is the worst. I feel like I can't breathe 

Yes I had that 3 weeks ago especially in the mornings. If you hold your taper it will get better. I have been holding my aggressive cut for 3.5weeks now. I will cut again maybe on Friday or Monday. I taper to how I am feeling. If I feel good I cut if I feel overwhelmed by my symptoms I hold. 

[En...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

I feel like crap yo be honest. I don't recognized myself in the mirror. I look like a crack addict from lack of sleep. Man, this is awful 😞😞😞  I'm 52 and 3 years ago when I started taking this crap I was a total different person. My skin has suffered and aged.

Yes this pill is from the devil himself. 

• Like 1

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Yes I had that 3 weeks ago especially in the mornings. If you hold your taper it will get better. I have been holding my aggressive cut for 3.5weeks now. I will cut again maybe on Friday or Monday. I taper to how I am feeling. If I feel good I cut if I feel overwhelmed by my symptoms I hold. 

Yes, mornings are bad. I'm in bed sometimes gasping for air. Then, the long days where most of the time I don't find much to do and the cycle begins.  I will try to take the .25mg at midday and hold.  I was aggressive on my tapers as well. This is probably why I have the heightened anxiety but I refuse to come back up.

How long did the heightened anxiety last for you????

Edited by [ca...]
  • Like 1

[En...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

Yes, mornings are bad. I'm in bed sometimes gasping for air. Then, the long days where most of the time I don't find much to do and the cycle begins.  I will try to take the .25mg at midday and hold.  I was aggressive on my tapers as well. This is probably why I have the heightened anxiety but I refuse to come back up.

Me and you are in the same boat. I will not go back up no matter how bad. 

[ca...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

Me and you are in the same boat. I will not go back up no matter how bad. 

Screw that. I'm sofocating right now but I'm holding on to God my friend. The tightness on the chest is horrible but I am sucking it up.  How old are you? I'm on Florida, where are you?