Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Our Concerns: The Witt-Doerring Youtube Channel

[Co...]

[or...]
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

One of my longstanding concerns has been the overzealous reaction against benzodiazepines - they should be banned, that kind of thing. Because, at least in part, I suggest this has resulted in an overreaction by many doctors, yanking away benzos from the benzodiazepine-dependent patients, against their will, and without enough time to taper off sensibly. Emotionally-driven reactions, although understandable, can lead to unintended negative consequences.

Yes, I totally agree, but conveniently forget when I participate in bashing-parties :(  I want to have choices on what I believe, or what I may come to believe, oregonlady

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 2

[Co...]
20 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Noone is altruistic. It isnt a thing that exists. Some people do nice things because it makes them feel good and they benefit from it. 

I think I understand from where you are coming with that, but that's a bit too cynical for my tastes, @[Le...].

• Like 3

[Co...]
4 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

This concerns me too. has there been a spike in people CTed that has been seen?  Dangerous times. 

There seems to be far more patients forced off by their doctors compared with 20, or even 10 years ago.

[WU...]
4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

One of my longstanding concerns has been the overzealous reaction against benzodiazepines - they should be banned, that kind of thing. Because, at least in part, I suggest this has resulted in an overreaction by many doctors, yanking away benzos from the benzodiazepine-dependent patients, against their will, and without enough time to taper off sensibly.

But that is exactly the point, they should be banned if the doctors don't know how to sensibly deprescribe !

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Le...]
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

There seems to be far more patients forced off by their doctors compared with 20, or even 10 years ago.

Like all parts of this trade this is handled poorly and many are suffering. Tragically sad. 

[Co...]
9 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

His standards are in my opinion. Much higher. 

Well, what of the videos I highlighted? That type of content would not be allowed at BB if created by a member. I am not sure why you feel his standards are higher? Well, I can guess, but it might be better if you spelled it out.

[Co...]
6 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

But that is exactly the point, they should be banned if the doctors don't know how to sensibly deprescribe !

Benzodiazepines have pretty unique properties. They are, for example, highly effective anticonvulsants in emergency situations. And I would suggest that they even have a place for very short-term use in extreme cases of anxiety and insomnia.

No, they should not be 'banned'. Just better prescribed.

• Like 5

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

I think your objections mostly stem from his passion and overzealousness on these topics not necessarily his conclusions. I agree with his overall message that the trade is irresponsible and generally harmful. you do not?

i have a feeling you actually have many of the same opinions as me and I am being arguementative. 

Edited by [Le...]
  • Love 1

[WU...]
1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

they should not be 'banned'. Just better prescribed.

OK, I will modify and say they should be banned from long term prescribing, anything other than an emergency

• Like 2

[WU...]

Of course his channel is going to get a lot more hits now after this!  Which will increase his YT presence even more. Already his channel is pretty high up when you do a "benzo" search. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[re...]
Posted (edited)

Colin you cant just put something up from McGill university who look to me like a "ministry of health" so to speak similar to when Anthony Fauci claims "I AM the science" They are the ones who will silence anything against MAINSTREAM info. We can go back and fourth all day and I post links as well that prove you otherwise. But please see that there is lots of incentive to prove "disinfo" from a big behemoth like McGill. 

Please see the bold 18 BILLIONAIRES (you can almost COUNT ON IT that  there is someone or maybe even MANY from big pharma in these 18). Can you not see the danger in this????????? These people are the henchmen to silence REAL information because they have special intere$ts to do so. You have to be careful of getting info from something this massive. And if you cannot see how the old guard is crumbling then I just won't approach debate with you on a public forum. For all of your brilliance you really trust mainstream institutions that have no altruistic intentions over the MONEY!!!!!!!!! Then sit here and talk about Witt Doerring like he is not altruistic. Makes no sense at all to me. 

But even with all their money as people are WAKING UP to their crimes. 

Here is the link what they are:

McGill University is an English-language public research university located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Founded in 1821 by royal charter,[12] the university bears the name of James McGill, a Scottish merchant,[13] whose bequest in 1813 established the University of McGill College. In 1885, the name was officially changed to McGill University. Currently, the university has an enrolment of more than 39,000 students.

McGill's main campus is on the slope of Mount Royal in downtown Montreal in the borough of Ville-Marie, with a second campus situated in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, 30 kilometres (19 mi) west of the main campus on Montreal Island. The university is one of two members of the Association of American Universities located outside the United States,[14] alongside the University of Toronto, and is the only Canadian member of the Global University Leaders Forum (GULF) within the World Economic Forum.[15] The university offers degrees and diplomas in over 300 fields of study. Most students are enrolled in the six largest faculties: Arts, Science, Medicine, Education, Engineering, and Management.[16]

McGill alumni, faculty, and affiliates include 12 Nobel laureates[17] and 148 Rhodes Scholars,[18] as well as 159 Loran Scholars,[19] 18 billionaires,[note 1] the current prime minister and two former prime ministers of Canada, two Governors General of Canada, and 15 justices of the Supreme Court of Canada.[note 2] McGill alumni also include 9 Academy Award winners,[note 3] 13 Grammy Award winners,[note 4] 13 Emmy Award winners,[note 5] four Pulitzer Prize winners,[note 6] and 121 Olympians with over 35 Olympic medals.[22]

Edited by [re...]
  • Like 2

[re...]

Oh god Marianita such a long story and history. Look at some of my posts if you wish. I am very very transparent. :D

I just don't wanna derail this thread. Thank you for the inquiry tho. 

[Co...]
On 03/06/2024 at 15:44, [[r...] said:

Colin you cant just put something up from McGill university who look to me like a "ministry of health" so to speak similar to when Anthony Fauci claims "I AM the science" They are the ones who will silence anything against MAINSTREAM info. We can go back and fourth all day and I post links as well that prove you otherwise. But please see that there is lots of incentive to prove "disinfo" from a big behemoth like McGill. 

Please see the bold 18 BILLIONAIRES (i am can almost BET there is someone or maybe even MANY from big pharma in these 18). Can you not see the danger in this????????? These people are the henchmen to silence REAL information because they have special intere$ts to do so. You have to be careful of getting info from something this massive. And if you cannot see how the old guard is crumbling then I just won't approach debate with you on a public forum. For all of your brilliance you really trust mainstream institutions that have no altruistic intentions over the MONEY!!!!!!!!! Then sit here and talk about Witt Doerring like he is not altruistic. Makes no sense at all to me. 

But even with all their money as people are WAKING UP to their crimes. 

Here is the link what they are:

McGill University is an English-language public research university located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Founded in 1821 by royal charter,[12] the university bears the name of James McGill, a Scottish merchant,[13] whose bequest in 1813 established the University of McGill College. In 1885, the name was officially changed to McGill University. Currently, the university has an enrolment of more than 39,000 students.

McGill's main campus is on the slope of Mount Royal in downtown Montreal in the borough of Ville-Marie, with a second campus situated in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, 30 kilometres (19 mi) west of the main campus on Montreal Island. The university is one of two members of the Association of American Universities located outside the United States,[14] alongside the University of Toronto, and is the only Canadian member of the Global University Leaders Forum (GULF) within the World Economic Forum.[15] The university offers degrees and diplomas in over 300 fields of study. Most students are enrolled in the six largest faculties: Arts, Science, Medicine, Education, Engineering, and Management.[16]

McGill alumni, faculty, and affiliates include 12 Nobel laureates[17] and 148 Rhodes Scholars,[18] as well as 159 Loran Scholars,[19] 18 billionaires,[note 1] the current prime minister and two former prime ministers of Canada, two Governors General of Canada, and 15 justices of the Supreme Court of Canada.[note 2] McGill alumni also include 9 Academy Award winners,[note 3] 13 Grammy Award winners,[note 4] 13 Emmy Award winners,[note 5] four Pulitzer Prize winners,[note 6] and 121 Olympians with over 35 Olympic medals.[22]

@[re...]

I would not normally have approved a post like that, above. But, again, like my first reply to you, please forgive how I put this: the type of content from JWD's Youtube channels feeds into the type of views you express there. It is firmly within conspiracy theory  territory.

I fail to see how listing the University's alumni damages them. It doesn't.

• Like 3

[Co...]

Of course his channel is going to get a lot more hits now after this!  Which will increase his YT presence even more. Already his channel is pretty high up when you do a "benzo" search. 

Did you watch the videos I embedded in my open post? Most are quite short. Apart from my comments, the contents of the videos are no great advertisements. Besides, I doubt I will make much of dent either way.

[WU...]
2 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Why were you prescribed benzos or any other pschiatryc drugs in the first place?

For neck pain and muscle spasm.  Why are you asking?

[Le...]

Why are people so open to criticizing poor use of opoids but get defensive with people who are passionate on this topic?  I cannot speak totally reasonably on the topic cause of how it has affected me but put aside my passion and there is little difference. 

• Love 1

[Le...]

Love that DSM mocking video. Hard to laugh on the topic but I did. So true and was good to chuckle about. 

• Love 1

[WU...]
4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Did you watch the videos I embedded in my open post?

In the interests of your criticism yes I did watch them and swiftly deleted them on my YT history as I have no interest in watching any more. I just don't like his presentation style.  It might have been the white coat what did it!

[Le...]

Oooh the depression video. Harsh and honest. love it. 

• Like 1

[Co...]
32 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I think your objections mostly stem from his passion and overzealousness on these topics not necessarily his conclusions. I agree with his overall message that the trade is irresponsible and generally harmful. you do not?

i have a feeling you actually have many of the same opinions as me and I am being arguementative. 

JWD operates with no caution. It seems that whatever gets eyes on his videos is good with him. BB is not an antipsychiatry website. Many of our members make use of and rely upon psychiatry. The admins and I (and all the team) feel we owe them and all members a reasonable duty of care (even if we are not bound any such standards).

I believe that talk therapy is way underutilised. Medications have their place, but they should not be used as an alternative to talk therapy simply because they are are cheap. For many people, they are a poor replacement. And if unnecessary psychiatric medication use can be avoided (because they are, on the whole, problematic medications), that would be great.

The problem is, because talk therapy is so expensive, medications are used as first line treatment where they should be second. Or, failure to be used as a stop-gap measure while talk-therapy can begin to have benefits for those where that is suitable or better option. There are huge problems with psychiatry operates. But as I suggested before, the root cause is lack of funding - we all are responsible for this, because it comes down to government policy, and we vote in governments.

• Like 3

[Co...]
15 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Love that DSM mocking video. Hard to laugh on the topic but I did. So true and was good to chuckle about. 

And how do you think these videos might affect someone who is seriously depressed, and seeking psychiatric help? I would suggest, it is not so funny for them.

• Like 2

[Co...]

In the interests of your criticism yes I did watch them and swiftly deleted them on my YT history as I have no interest in watching any more. I just don't like his presentation style.  It might have been the white coat what did it!

I really do not care for how any of the content is presented. I agree with you. (I expect the BB admins probably agree with you too.) But this would not rise to anywhere near the level where we felt we need to address it with members. There was another channel operated by a psychiatrist I came across which was much better. I'll see if I can find it for you.