Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Our Concerns: The Witt-Doerring Youtube Channel

[Co...]

[Cr...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Also if you need the threat of a space monster to make you not behave horribly then maybe you really should work on becoming less aweful. 

While this site does not allow the promotion of religion, the denigration of religions or religious people is antiethical to fostering an inclusive environment.  Part of the site's central ethos is having people support each other through a common shared experience. 

If any members were to bash your belief in secular morality and argue from a religious perspective that you are awful for not believing in a higher power they would rightfulltly be reminded of the guidelines and warned upon further infractions. Not even you in particular. This refers to any religious person on this site making general sweeping denigrations about those of no religious faith.

There are many members of religious faith deep in withdrawal that you are indirectly calling 'awful' simply for their beliefs in a god or gods. Just as religious people on this site are allowed to bring up their faith as a pillar in their withdrawal struggles, you are also allowed to bring up your belief that secular principles have aided in your recovery. 

You are free to be critical of how certain policies or practices of  certain religions may not be helpful in regards to health and benzo withdrawal. For example, an RN I know said that she is strongly against the Jehovah's Witness tenet of not accepting blood transfusions. She was critcal of a specific dogma without denigrating the religion or its followers as a whole. 

Anyone that says they are a Scientologist is still welcome at BB, its just the promotion of Scientology that is potentially harmful to the members and this site's core principles. Unlike other other older religions that rely on interpretation for modern applications, Scientology actually has direct references to the use of modern medicines like psychiatric medications.

I have always enjoyed your passion @[Le...] and I know you are capable of debating touchy subjects, and expressing your own beliefs, without the need to resort to disparaging whole groups of people.

Do not denigrate religions, ethnicities or cultures. Do not disparage those of another gender, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are a support group for all those experiencing problems with benzodiazepine use or withdrawal - this is our common bond.

[Le...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

While this site does not allow the promotion of religion, the denigration of religions or religious people is antiethical to fostering an inclusive environment.  Part of the site's central ethos is having people support each other through a common shared experience. 

If any members were to bash your belief in secular morality and argue from a religious perspective that you are awful for not believing in a higher power they would rightfulltly be reminded of the guidelines and warned upon further infractions. Not even you in particular. This refers to any religious person on this site making general sweeping denigrations about those of no religious faith.

There are many members of religious faith deep in withdrawal that you are indirectly calling 'awful' simply for their beliefs in a god or gods. Just as religious people on this site are allowed to bring up their faith as a pillar in their withdrawal struggles, you are also allowed to bring up your belief that secular principles have aided in your recovery. 

You are free to be critical of how certain policies or practices of  certain religions may not be helpful in regards to health and benzo withdrawal. For example, an RN I know said that she is strongly against the Jehovah's Witness tenet of not accepting blood transfusions. She was critcal of a specific dogma without denigrating the religion or its followers as a whole. 

Anyone that says they are a Scientologist is still welcome at BB, its just the promotion of Scientology that is potentially harmful to the members and this site's core principles. Unlike other other older religions that rely on interpretation for modern applications, Scientology actually has direct references to the use of modern medicines like psychiatric medications.

I have always enjoyed your passion @[Le...] and I know you are capable of debating touchy subjects, and expressing your own beliefs, without the need to resort to disparaging whole groups of people.

Do not denigrate religions, ethnicities or cultures. Do not disparage those of another gender, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are a support group for all those experiencing problems with benzodiazepine use or withdrawal - this is our common bond.

You are denigrating my beliefs here in a manner I did not but you accuse me of doing. The methods of thought certain belief systems promote arent really debatable. If you find it rude that is fine. I find you rude also. I dont dislike people for being religious. Mostly I am entertained by them until it starts harming them or others. 

If the very literal definition troubles you maybe you can grow from that  

IMG_1845.png

Edited by [Le...]

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2024 at 06:11, [[L...] said:

He wasnt stoned to death or crucified?  Got off easy compared to what some of the larger cults have done.  Good thing the older cults arent so tech savvy I guess or they may swap to online bullying instead. 

This is all you have?  A childish reply showing off your willful ignorance about Scientology and disrespect for survivors of it?  You’re really grasping at straws here which is also know as deflection meaning you’ve lost the argument Lee.   

• Haha 1

On 18/06/2024 at 06:44, [[C...] said:

I was considering splitting out the posts on Scientology - which has since meandered away from discussing Dr Josef Witt-Doerring video content - but instead I will attempt to bring it back on-topic.

When I searched for the videos, I could not locate them. In hindsight, I think I must have came across the podcast versions, or possibly it was later last year when I saw the videos listed at his Youtube channel. Irrespective, they did exist at Youtube, but have been subsequently removed.

An ex-Scientologist Youtuber reviewed Witt-Doerring's video interviews with Scientologists: one, an ex-scientologist; and in particular, a second, with a practicing Scientologist mouthpiece. You might find interesting what Aaron has to say about the interviews, and his speculation as to why the videos have been removed from Youtube

Although JWD has removed the videos, I located the two podcast versions:

Psychiatrist and Scientologist Debate Psychiatric Care | Interview with Thaddeus

Ex-Scientologist Reevaluates Church’s Anti-psychiatry Stance after Devastating Antidepressant Injury

It might be worth listening to the podcasts sooner rather than later, in case JWD removes them too.

Thank you Colin, I will check them out!  I appreciate the time and energy you and your team have devoted to the topic at hand.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

Thank you Colin, I will check them out!  I appreciate the time and energy you and your team have devoted to the topic at hand.  

I couldn’t find the interview with the ex-Scientologist, maybe JWD removed it already, but the interview with Thaddeus is still live and I’m only 3 minutes into it and it’s not good Colin; JWD justifies this interview as if he was compelled to do it as part of his “professional and personal growth” as “critical” psychiatrist 🤢🤢😂😂.  He sounds like a young child whose hands were just caught in the cookie jar only this time the cookies equate to clicks. I would strongly urge JWD to reevaluate his belief system and how it reflects on his career choices if he truly believes interviewing a Scientologist, uncritically, equates to any kind of personal or professional growth. I’m getting ready to go to the beach for a week and in a good mood so don’t know I how much more of this “interview” with Thaddeus who surprise, surprise, surprise is opposed to psych meds.  

I’m genuinely curious about how JWD benefits financially by legitimizing Scientology as a religion instead of a cult?  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, [[S...] said:

This is all you have?  A childish reply showing off your willful ignorance about Scientology and disrespect for survivors of it?  You’re really grasping at straws here which is also know as deflection meaning you’ve lost the argument Lee.   

that has nothing to do with anything I wrote. bit sad really. what cult have you survived?  escape yet?

8 hours ago, [[L...] said:

that has nothing to do with anything I wrote. bit sad really. what cult have you survived?  escape yet?

I see you’re still deflecting and behaving like a child because you have nothing of substance to offer.  

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I see you’re still deflecting and behaving like a child because you have nothing of substance to offer.  

loving this. i really dont know what you think this accomplishes except mocking yourself. 

ever hear the glass houses quote. 

before attacking one faith with your lack of reason perhaps look into your own and solve that problem. once your own delusions are cured the comparatively insignificant crimes of this faith wont concern you so much.  

Hi.

Some of the comments here are getting unnecessarily personal. They should stop now before they get out of hand.

Thanks.