Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Our Concerns: The Witt-Doerring Youtube Channel

[Co...]

[Le...]

Please dont get defensive on me because I am very authentically curious but do you seriously see no issue with this statement?

7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Four other medical professionals have already confirmed that his behaviour is ethically and professionally problematic.

• Like 1

[je...]
5 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Please dont get defensive on me because I am very authentically curious but do you seriously see no issue with this statement?

I am really perplexed that you are more concerned about this statement than you are concerned about the behaviour of a doctor who experiments on himself.

[Le...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

I am really perplexed that you are more concerned about this statement than you are concerned about the behaviour of a doctor who experiments on himself.

doesnt concern me in the least.  his body. his choice. he wasnt tricked into it in a vulnerable moment without information and likely gained a better understanding of what people experience using them from it. it is very responsible of him in many ways and done in training even with other drugs. 

• Like 4

[je...]
17 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

his body. his choice. he wasnt tricked into it in a vulnerable moment without information

You are missing the point. He is not a patient like you and me. He is a medical doctor. As a medical doctor he has certain ethical and professional standards he has to uphold. 

17 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

and likely gained a better understanding of what people experience using them from it.

Oh please. As @[Co...] said 

Medications should also be taken to treat a distinct medical purpose and/or medical condition.  Any person taking medications for the purpose of experimentation will be subject to a different set of risks and benefits compared to individuals taking medications for a true medical purpose.

It seems as if you want to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. You have the single most posts in this thread other than @[Co...] and you keep repeating the same stuff over and over again. It’s getting a bit tiresome.

• Wow 1

[Le...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

You are missing the point. He is not a patient like you and me. He is a medical doctor. As a medical doctor he has certain ethical and professional standards he has to uphold. 

Oh please. As @[Co...] said 

It seems as if you want to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. You have the single most posts in this thread other than @[Co...] and you keep repeating the same stuff over and over again. It’s getting a bit tiresome.

not in the least. i am just tired of lazy thinking and references treated as facts. Do you really think there is some profound difference between the majority of physical minds of people experiencing depression?  It is rarely anything but an emotional condition. Do you really think that words like ethical belong in a rational conversation discussing correct or incorrect?  Ethical means something different to every person and is rationally null. 

I think this is called argumentum ad absurdum or some such but it is ethical in some cultures to eat the tastiest looking person when food is low. Ethical can mean anything at all and means what is pleasant to the people hearing it  

I grew up around priests.  I know lazy minds in and out and I know arguing never works.  

Some people keep growing and lose faith and some people are too lazy and dont question things.  Most people dont.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[je...]

I’m not going to respond to you anymore @[Le...] because you are dominating this thread and drowning out other voices. Sometimes showing restraint and allowing others to also have a voice is the right thing to do. :)

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

another surrender. 

I wish you growth. 

Edited by [Le...]
  • Haha 1

[Ma...]
10 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Do you really think there is some profound difference between the majority of physical minds of people experiencing depression?  It is rarely anything but an emotional condition

Do you mean that depression is an emotion and has nothing to do with your physical mind (the brain)? And that’s why you are completely convinced  that only a small amount of very ‘strange’ people can benefit from psych meds? How do you know? Where do emotions and thoughts come from or are formed in? Our brains. Does anybody know how? Of course not. But you can’t state that depression is not the result of something not working properly in your physical brain. Your opinions are based on your experiences and beliefs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Do...]
3 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Do you mean that depression is an emotion and has nothing to do with your physical mind (the brain)? And that’s why you are completely convinced  that only a small amount of very ‘strange’ people can benefit from psych meds? How do you know? Where do emotions and thoughts come from or are formed in? Our brains. Does anybody know how? Of course not. But you can’t state that depression is not the result of something not working properly in your physical brain. Your opinions are based on your experiences and beliefs.

Here you are:

" research has shown that drug effects are often no better than those achieved via placebo, and may not lead to a better quality of life in the long term. A 2010 review of the literature summarized: “Meta-analyses of FDA trials suggest that antidepressants are only marginally efficacious compared to placebos and document profound publication bias that inflates their apparent efficacy… Conclusions: The reviewed findings argue for a reappraisal of the current recommended standard of care of depression.” Antidepressant medication is no miracle cure."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/insight-therapy/202207/depression-is-not-caused-chemical-imbalance-in-the-brain

You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ma...]
1 minute ago, [[M...] said:

@[je...] is right, nobody should monopolize threads and I have been refraining from starting a discussion with @[Le...] that would derail the thread a lot. But I needed to say this. I will stop here. 

• Like 4

[Ma...]
6 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

@[je...] is right, nobody should monopolize threads and I have been refraining from starting a discussion with @[Le...] that would derail the thread a lot. But I needed to say this. I will stop here. 

Also I think this kind of debate that I have just started doesn’t belong to this thread.

• Like 1

[je...]
14 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Also I think this kind of debate that I have just started doesn’t belong to this thread.

But @[Ma...] this is a very real problem. When you have certain people who monopolise a thread, badger everyone who dares to comment or differs from their view and it scares away those who are not zealous and don't want to be torn to pieces. I wanted to comment on every single post that has been posted here, yet I have shown respect to other viewpoints by not engaging every single time! My contribution has been minimal. And thank you so much for speaking up!

image.png.3693b8a144d38b75a1874c21411f272e.png

• Like 4

[Do...]
12 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

When you have certain people who monopolise a thread, badger everyone who dares to comment or differs from their view and it scares away those who are not zealous and don't want to be torn to pieces.

and yet this is what admins and mods ahve been doing to us in this thread and me i was 9 hours without a single post and @[re...] around 6 hours but no one else was posting anyways. It wasnt a matter of that a few of us didnt let the rest speak up, is a matter that no one that was against this madness is allowed to speak freely, and i really mean this cause there has been posts censured and kidnaped cause they were not agreeing the absolute truth that some wanted to implement here.

This is so wrong. I realise that is your site, is your forum and we are not free to make our points here. I get it and i give up.

Congrats on keeping the hegemony of the truth.

• Like 1

[Ca...]
10 hours ago, [[C...] said:

We do not operate that way. When we make a decision where we expect a significant proportion of the membership will dislike or will not understand our reasons, we allow for feedback. As I stated in the opening post, we are highly unlikely to change our position, but would rather members in disagreement have some form of outlet to express themselves rather than just shut down their voices.

Having said that, given the number of other members who have simply 'liked' posts rather than comment, I cannot help but feel they are being pushed out from commenting. I am not saying this is deliberate, but it appears to be the case.

We have made our decision, stated our reasons, and allowed for comment (including dissenting comment). But I think many members are being excluded from comment because a small number of members (on the other side) are so up in arms.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I have heard very positive feedback.

How does he help his patients with sleep?

[Ca...]

I don't know his views on treating insomnia. If you are planning on calling him, that's a question you may want to put on your list.

Are you having trouble sleeping? It's a very common problem with benzo w/d.

• Like 1

[ap...]
18 hours ago, [[p...] said:

This comment is rude and uncalled for. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on this subject. By ‘shouting’ at @[ap...], which by the way is not allowed, you are discouraging others from posting their opinions about the videos. Those of you with the loudest voices are very intimidating to those who wish to offer views that might be contradictory to yours and some of the other more vocal contributors.

I’m sorry @[ap...], you did not deserve this response. Thank for for posting your opinion. 

My reasoning was that Josef s interpretation was very frightening to me and I didn't agree. Not meant to be rude at all. He was very scary to me.

[ap...]
19 hours ago, [[p...] said:

This comment is rude and uncalled for. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on this subject. By ‘shouting’ at @[ap...], which by the way is not allowed, you are discouraging others from posting their opinions about the videos. Those of you with the loudest voices are very intimidating to those who wish to offer views that might be contradictory to yours and some of the other more vocal contributors.

I’m sorry @[ap...], you did not deserve this response. Thank for for posting your opinion. 

I take no notice of you Pianogirl, the best advice comes from Baylissa. I have spoken to her personally. She is the best 

[Co...]
1 hour ago, [[a...] said:

I take no notice of you Pianogirl, the best advice comes from Baylissa. I have spoken to her personally. She is the best 

At the risk of the thread being derailed (again), in case you missed the discussion of Frederick earlier in this discussion and my link to this thread from a few years ago:

My posting of the above is not to put you off from services you find helpful. It is posted for balance, for other members.

• Wow 1

[ap...]
52 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

At the risk of the thread being derailed (again), in case you missed the discussion of Frederick earlier in this discussion and my link to this thread from a few years ago:

My posting of the above is not to put you off from services you find helpful. It is posted for balance, for other members.

I totally disagree with you. Baylissa does an incredible job and has 19 years experience. I have found her tge utmost authority on benzo and psychiatric drug withdrawal. To remove my opinion is a slap in the face. Yet you allow others to call me rude such as Pianogirl. I look here for success stories not to get involved in infighting from what seems to be a plethora of experts, no wonder you have everybody up in arms.

[ap...]
59 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I did not see the other stuff of regarding Baylissa. Pianogirl called me a rude person because I said Josef was terrifying to me and he was. Do what you like, Baylissa is a honest, kind, decent person. I will no longer use this site. It is a sorry story when you are threatened because of my honest amopinion when one is verybsick.

[Co...]
On 06/06/2024 at 12:50, [[a...] said:

I totally disagree with you. Baylissa does an incredible job and has 19 years experience. I have found her tge utmost authority on benzo and psychiatric drug withdrawal. To remove my opinion is a slap in the face. Yet you allow others to call me rude such as Pianogirl. I look here for success stories not to get involved in infighting from what seems to be a plethora of experts, no wonder you have everybody up in arms.

How did I 'remove [your] opinion'? I even made a point that my post was not intended to put you off using a service you find useful. But Frederick has caused problems at BB, by misrepresenting her reasons for being here, and then publicly rebuking a former client of hers in a thread at our community. In response to you promoting her services, I provided a solid counterpoint. What would you expect me to do after her astonishing behaviour at BenzoBuddies?

[Co...]
11 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

I did not see the other stuff of regarding Baylissa. Pianogirl called me a rude person because I said Josef was terrifying to me and he was. Do what you like, Baylissa is a honest, kind, decent person. I will no longer use this site. It is a sorry story when you are threatened because of my honest amopinion when one is verybsick.

I did write, 'in case you missed the discussion'. And made clear that I posted for balance and for other members.

Of course, you have not 'been threatened'. There is no need to reach for hyperbole.

No one wishes to see you leave BB.

[WU...]

@[ap...] To correct a point which I hope helps you, go back and read Pianogirl's comment again. She wasn't calling you rude, she was calling Revolutionblue rude for his comment to you.

• Like 4