Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Are toxic nights normal in healing???

[Cr...]

Once sleep becomes easier be careful to avoid sleeping in too late or oversleeping or you can upset your whole cycle/schedule up.

Sincerely,

Someone that learned the hard way

• Like 2

[Rh...]
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

When I have a toxic night, like last night for eg. I can physically feel the cortisol or adrenaline, whatever it is, moving through my body. It seems to start in my stomach and the move out then my heart starts racing. Horrible

Yep, me too!  But I can feel it go into my head!!! So strange!

I will say it’s gotten less and less as I’ve started to heal.

[Rh...]
5 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Once sleep becomes easier be careful to avoid sleeping in too late or oversleeping or you can upset your whole cycle/schedule up.

Sincerely,

Someone that learned the hard way

Argh, I’ve been doing the because I normally wake up around 3/3:30 with that cortisol stuff and then it takes a bit to go back to sleep, but then I’m waking later…. Guess I need to just get up when my alarm goes off even if I’m tired.

[jo...]
Just now, [[R...] said:

Yep, me too!  But I can feel it go into my head!!! So strange!

I will say it’s gotten less and less as I’ve started to heal.

Yeah it left me for a while but back in a wave now and had it again this morning. It makes my skin crawl. Such a horrible feeling. Cold poison it feels like. When you feel it it's like "oh well, I'm probably in for a shit day"

• Like 1

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

Argh, I’ve been doing the because I normally wake up around 3/3:30 with that cortisol stuff and then it takes a bit to go back to sleep, but then I’m waking later…. Guess I need to just get up when my alarm goes off even if I’m tired.

Yeah I try not to nap through the day also because that can go wrong.

[Rh...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah it left me for a while but back in a wave now and had it again this morning. It makes my skin crawl. Such a horrible feeling. Cold poison it feels like. When you feel it it's like "oh well, I'm probably in for a shit day"

Yep, mine can come back when I’m in a wave too.  And yes, once it happens you know your in for a crappy day!

• Like 1

[Rh...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah I try not to nap through the day also because that can go wrong.

I never nap!  I never feel good even when I do so it’s pointless and I’m afraid to mess with my sleep schedule as it’s just coming around.

• Like 1

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

I never nap!  I never feel good even when I do so it’s pointless and I’m afraid to mess with my sleep schedule as it’s just coming around.

I like your thinking(y) I wont be doing that anymore if I can help it. Although in windows it's not so bad. Wave, big no no.

• Like 1

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, [[R...] said:

I meant relative to normal sleep.

If you have only been getting 5 hours of sleep but are now capable of getting more sleep, then by all means get 8 hours if you can. Just try not sleep longer (9, 10) even if your body lets you. I know the temptation is there after going too many months unable to get good sleep.

Also if you normally wake up at 6am but insomnia prevented you from falling asleep until 2am... you are missing 4 hours. It is better to try to get those extra 4 hours by falling asleep at 10 pm the following night than it is to sleep 4 extra hours past your normal wake up time and get up at 10am.

Sleeping in late may interfere with your ability to fall asleep the following night. If you are having a bad night's sleep, still get up at the same time instead of trying to force an extra hour or so of sleep. That might make it easier to fall asleep the subsequent night.

Again, from my experience. If you feel you can sleep 17 hours straight and have no negative effects then happy snoozing :thumbsup:

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Haha 1

[Ba...]

Does anyone feel that benzo withdrawal is like waking up from a dream or nightmare?

• Sad 1

[Le...]

yes. so many others too. i didnt notice it slowly happening and thought I was getting mentally ill the whole time. Then the horror of WD. As the waking nightmare fades and you can think again the memories are even harder to cope with. 

• Sad 1

[Rh...]
2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Does anyone feel that benzo withdrawal is like waking up from a dream or nightmare?

Absolutely!  The whole thing is unbelievable and a total nightmare!  BUT healing will happen and you won’t be in this nightmare forever, it is a temporary season in your life and will pass!!! 

• 3 months later...
On 29/05/2024 at 14:17, [[E...] said:

When in acute withdrawal I feel I am floating and vibrating slowly. When in a dream and wake up I feel that the most. Then in the morning yes the extreme anxiety and nausea. I feel all hot and get headaches and I am very shaky. 

Yes, that is how I am too.  Headaches are by far the worst thing I’m dealing with now.

After an axidental toxic nap yesterday just shutting my eyes a little,I dunno if I slept even half an hour

Last night took my dose at 11.45,..fell asleep and was vividly dreaming,I woke up from the dream,thinking must be 4 to 5 am,..it was 12.45 I'd slept and hour!

No more toxic mini naps for me

• Sad 1