Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Horrible anxiety today

[En...]
6 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

That is up to what your constitution is as far as dealing with withdrawal symptoms. Also wouldn't you only need to reinstate to .375, not .5 since you currently cut from .375 down to .125.

On higher doses of klonopin like 3 mgs, you could easily get away with making .125 cuts since that would be sub 10%. But each successive .125 cut becomes a bigger percentage cut as you get lower, so it will get more difficult to maintain the exact same amount (.125) in cuts. Once .25 is reached, you are literally cutting out 50% of the medication out of your body. While not as bad as cutting 2mgs from a 4mg dose, your body will still be reeling.

This is why many people switch to Valium because it is easier to cut with 1mg of Klon = 20 mg of Valium. So in your case .25mg K = 5mg of V. Making Valium easier to taper offer do to lower potency per mg. 

If a crossover is not an option you can get a jewelers scale and get the weight of a full .5 mg pill and then use that weight to determine the weight of a 10% cut.

Another option is liquid titration where you crush a full pill in an evenly suspended liquid and use a dropper to subtract millilters over time.

If all this sounds complicated to you there are plenty other members and BB crew that will help you figure it out in the Tapering section of the forum.

A direct taper off of klonopin is still very possible doing dry cuts and just eyeballing it, but it may be far rougher than the other aforementioned methods.

What would be the consequence of me reinstating would it hinder my taper? Would it make future tapers worse than if I waited it out? Would it kindle my brain? I have read to never updose. How long do you think I would feel like this for another week or month? 

[Cr...]
23 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

What would be the consequence of me reinstating would it hinder my taper? Would it make future tapers worse than if I waited it out? Would it kindle my brain? I have read to never updose. How long do you think I would feel like this for another week or month? 

You aren't really reinstating. Even updosing doesn't seem like the right term. If you make a cut and then return to that dose in 3 weeks or less, i would just classify that as a failed cut more so than an updose.

If you decide to return to the previous dose you may want to hold for at least 3 weeks or more to restabilize and then you can proceed with your taper albeit at a slower rate.

Many other members have made big cuts or cut too fast and had times where they had to course correct. You are not alone in that regard.

That said, if you think you have to will to stay at .25 mg then go for it. Just know that the longer you stay at .25 mg the less likely going back to a higher dose will give you any benefits. So you may want to make this choice pretty soon.

[En...]
3 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

You aren't really reinstating. Even updosing doesn't seem like the right term. If you make a cut and then return to that dose in 3 weeks or less, i would just classify that as a failed cut more so than an updose.

If you decide to return to the previous dose you may want to hold for at least 3 weeks or more to restabilize and then you can proceed with your taper albeit at a slower rate.

Many other members have made big cuts or cut too fast and had times where they had to course correct. You are not alone in that regard.

That said, if you think you have to will to stay at .25 mg then go for it. Just know that the longer you stay at .25 mg the less likely going back to a higher dose will give you any benefits. So you may want to make this choice pretty soon.

So it would take 3 weeks to stablize? I actually cut Friday 0.125mg and the following Monday 0.125mg so 0.25mg all together within 2 weeks. Should I reinstate only 0.125mg or 0.5mg? It sounds like I cut too much this time. 

[Cr...]
4 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

So it would take 3 weeks to stablize? I actually cut Friday 0.125mg and the following Monday 0.125mg so 0.25mg all together within 2 weeks. Should I reinstate only 0.125mg or 0.5mg? It sounds like I cut too much this time. 

I must have missed that timeframe in your earlier posts. If it has only been 2 weeks then you have a good chance at restabilizing at .5 mg. Nothing is 100% guaranteed with these drugs, so within the next few days you may want to make your decision whether to hold your ground or course correct.

[En...]
15 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I must have missed that timeframe in your earlier posts. If it has only been 2 weeks then you have a good chance at restabilizing at .5 mg. Nothing is 100% guaranteed with these drugs, so within the next few days you may want to make your decision whether to hold your ground or course correct.

I never indicated I took off the other 0.125mg. I got too confident and felt good the 3 days later. Can I reinstate 0.125mg and see if that minimizes symptoms? 

[Cr...]
4 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I never indicated I took off the other 0.125mg. I got too confident and felt good the 3 days later. Can I reinstate 0.125mg and see if that minimizes symptoms? 

You 'can' do that. I am not going to tell you that you need to/have to do that. The chances are pretty good at this stage that you may get enough relief just increasing by .125 mgs. If you get some improvement but not enough for life to be tolerable then going back to where you were 2 weeks ago (.5mg) may be necessary.

[En...]
6 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

You 'can' do that. I am not going to tell you that you need to/have to do that. The chances are pretty good at this stage that you may get enough relief just increasing by .125 mgs. If you get some improvement but not enough for life to be tolerable then going back to where you were 2 weeks ago (.5mg) may be necessary.

How long does it take to stabalize? Would I feel relief starting tomorrow? 

[Cr...]
42 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

How long does it take to stabalize? Would I feel relief starting tomorrow? 

You will probably feel some form of relief right away. But it may take a couple weeks of being back on that dose to go back to how you were before doing these 2 cuts almost back to back.

[En...]

I didnt updose last night and took the 0.25mg dose. My anxiety is more manageable today than yesterday. I have had 3 decent days now in 2 weeks. I take that as a sign of healing. I worry if I make changes in my dosage it will make things worse. At the least it will set me back. I think a steady decline in taper is a better option even if my symptoms are bad. I would hate to make things worse for my future tapers. I will pause my taper until I go see my Dr on July 10th. I will let me brain catch up and heal for a  couple more weeks. I have tinnitus in my ears that change tone. Very strange and hard to take when it is very quiet. My hands are still shakey but my anxiety is more manageable today. I accept I will be feeling withdrawal symptoms and think of it as part of the process. I also strongly believe you need to watch what you consume. I ate junk food the day before yesterday and contributed to my high anxiety yesterday. This drug is horrible.