Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Do you guys think that doctors know how to taper off these drugs safely?

[bi...]

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

maybe i should clarify. one doctor tried to convince me I have been severely autistic all my life while I was in WD and noone ever noticed  

Another calls my tinnitus an auditory hallucination from schizophrenia. 

none except the medical consultant from the college of physicians have ever admitted what happened to me. not directly. 

Edited by [Le...]

[Ca...]

Wow --they don't have to admit what happened to you but they certainly should not fabricate ludicrous stigmatizing stories about the cause of your symptoms. I think you need a little more than ear ringing to diagnose schizophrenia.

• Like 1

[Le...]

it is every time i get to the point that no i dont need addiction counselling. i never knew I was addicted to anything and crave no pills. when i say that it all goes downhill. 

[Ca...]

How do you get to that point? Is it because you saw medical people for those two symptoms and explained that it was from withdrawal? 

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

the psych i finally got to see 3.5 months into WD freaked a bit when I entered and went to consult with colleagues then returned. I had figured it out a few weeks before that and told him a doctor did this to me. he spent months and months trying to convince me it was my Autism. I have never had or been diagnosed with autism  

the two people i have seen dont believe its possible and that last one got a bit angry with me. 

My gp tells me and my wife its from me taking cbd gummies. I took those a month into WD to see if they would help. 

I feel like i am involved in some kind of conspiracy against me but cant really believe that. 

Edited by [Le...]

[Ca...]

I don't know what's more appalling -- their hubris or their ignorance.

[An...]
On 17/05/2024 at 17:06, [[b...] said:

Would you trust your taper to a doctor?

Benzos? No, unless my doctor knew about the Ashton protocol and agreed with it. Benzo w/d is best done by letting the motivated patient slowly w/d using a SX based taper that the patient dictates. If the doctor will simply prescribe and monitor, most patients can safely withdraw using sites like benzobuddies.

• Love 1

[En...]

I went to school for what I do in my job. I learned the basics of what the job entails but nothing is specific details. You learn most of your knowledge and skills on the job training. There is so much Information to absorb during schooling you forget most of what you've learned. If a majority of Dr dont encounter benzodiazepine issues in their patients then they will never learn. 

You see a better response from Drs that have taken this drug and been through this themselves take it more seriously.