Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Dehydration

[An...]

Hey buddies, I just wanted to remind you all sometimes we feel to sick or can’t eat and drink much but I want you all to remember to stay hydrated. This withdrawal makes us so dehydrated more than a regular person: i reccomend to everyone to order a water flask on amazing that is a long cooling and keep it with them at all times and keep sipping as much as you can. Our bodies are made up from mainly water: especially in summer 🫶❤️

• Love 1

[mo...]

I was wondering about this! I’m only 1/3 of the way into my taper but feel excessively thirsty. I can drink a gallon of water a day and still feel dehydrated. I’m somewhat relieved this is normal. Thank you for the reminder to keep up with hydrating!

• Love 1

[Ar...]

☀️

It is important to stay hydrated, but dont overdo it.

There is actually such a thing as overhydration due to drinking to much water which can cause an electrolyte imbalance. 

With less funny side effects such as headache, nausea, muscle cramping, fatigue.. etc

• Love 2

[An...]
3 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I was wondering about this! I’m only 1/3 of the way into my taper but feel excessively thirsty. I can drink a gallon of water a day and still feel dehydrated. I’m somewhat relieved this is normal. Thank you for the reminder to keep up with hydrating!

Hey yes ! I’ve been doing a ton of research apparently we need electrolytes, and a good way to do it is Celtic salt. A small amount under your tongue. It has 99 minerals and you hydrate much more look into it! I ordered mine off amazon :) 

• Love 1

[An...]
16 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

☀️

There is actually such a thing as overhydration due to drinking to much water which can cause an electrolyte imbalance. 

With less funny side effects such as headache, nausea, muscle cramping, fatigue.. etc

Oh yes! Definitely 💯 I think a lot of people during withdrawal struggle to over hydrate. Talking about myself only,  I sometimes forget and have to keep reminding myself

[Ar...]
1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

Hey yes ! I’ve been doing a ton of research apparently we need electrolytes, and a good way to do it is Celtic salt. A small amount under your tongue. It has 99 minerals and you hydrate much more look into it! I ordered mine off amazon :) 

Just beware that eating too much salt is counter productive since it can lead to depletion of potassium, magnesium etc so kind

Not to mention hypertension etc.

Hydrating within daily recommendations and a healthy balanced diet (as much as possible) is probably the best.

• Sad 1

[mo...]

I have a wonderful, tasteless electrolyte liquid that my holistic doctor gave me. It’s really easy to mix it into water and not have to consume any chemically electrolyte powders, sugar from coconut water, etc. I can look for a link if anyone is interested.

• Love 1

[Le...]
5 hours ago, [[A...] said:

☀️

kidney failure. i know a guy who almost destroyed his kidneys drinking water to try to pass a drug test. 

• Wow 1

You should drink water. WHEN YOU ARE THIRSTY. 

If you work for a bottled water company , you should drink 3 times your body weight every day. .)

• Love 1

[Be...]

Thanks for this information. I always doubted why i feel thirsty but now I got the answer

• Love 1

[An...]
12 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I have a wonderful, tasteless electrolyte liquid that my holistic doctor gave me. It’s really easy to mix it into water and not have to consume any chemically electrolyte powders, sugar from coconut water, etc. I can look for a link if anyone is interested.

Yes please 

[An...]
13 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Just beware that eating too much salt is counter productive since it can lead to depletion of potassium, magnesium etc so kind

Not to mention hypertension etc.

Hydrating within daily recommendations and a healthy balanced diet (as much as possible) is probably the best.

I know I struggle so much, as today I barely ate or drank anything 😖😖 this withdrawal sucks gotta keep reminding ourselves 🤝🤝

[An...]
9 hours ago, [[L...] said:

kidney failure. i know a guy who almost destroyed his kidneys drinking water to try to pass a drug test. 

Wow 

[Ar...]
20 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I know I struggle so much, as today I barely ate or drank anything 😖😖 this withdrawal sucks gotta keep reminding ourselves 🤝🤝

I keep a jug of water in the fridge, that way I easely keep track on my intake.

Adding slices of cucumber, lemons or rhubarb etc makes the water more interesting. 🙂

• Love 1

[An...]
11 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I keep a jug of water in the fridge, that way I easely keep track on my intake.

Adding slices of cucumber, lemons or rhubarb etc makes the water more interesting. 🙂

Do you struggle with nausea ? I struggle with bad nausea during my cuts I just cut 0.5mg of diazapem and I’m so nausea my doctor is giving me a wafer for nausea and it’s helping but just enough for me to stop the constant nausea :( 

[Ar...]
42 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Do you struggle with nausea ? I struggle with bad nausea during my cuts I just cut 0.5mg of diazapem and I’m so nausea my doctor is giving me a wafer for nausea and it’s helping but just enough for me to stop the constant nausea :( 

I am here on behalf of hubby who tappered off Flurazepam, approaching 10 weeks now.

Nausea was/is not one of his symptoms.

I read on the forum, that some tried ginger against nausea.

[Le...]

be aware that most all supplements are harmful to small degrees. if you have a healthy diet you likely need nothing like this. supplementing cautiously to treat something lacking in your lifestyle is reasonable. vit d in winter. omegas if you dont like the natural sources. the best option is always healthy lifestyle. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[mo...]
14 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

be aware that most all supplements are harmful to small degrees. if you have a healthy diet you likely need nothing like this. supplementing cautiously to treat something lacking in your lifestyle is reasonable. vit d in winter. omegas if you dont like the natural sources. the best option is always healthy lifestyle. 

Just trying to offer suggestions to all those in this thread who have expressed concern about flushing electrolytes due to increased thirst :)

• Love 1

[Le...]
6 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Just trying to offer suggestions to all those in this thread who have expressed concern about flushing electrolytes due to increased thirst :)

just adding my bit and maybe I sounded overly critical. Not intentional. just suggesting moderation and caution. 

• Like 1

[An...]
55 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Thank you for this ❤️ will look into omegas 

• 1 month later...
[ha...]

Excellent advice! Staying hydrated is important, especially for those battling ADPKD (my friend has been recently diagnosed and contacted jynarque customer service). I've heard that early treatment for rapidly progressing ADPKD is important to slow the disease progression and proper hydration and effective treatment can make a real impact on managing this condition. Thanks for the helpful reminder!

Edited by [ha...]