Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Looking for input

[Ba...]

Yes

thank you

I appreciate your response and time

• Like 1

[Ba...]

question?

mightvthere be any buddies who have stayed at the 1 dose and experienced all the symptoms along the way and were able to taper from that and get off? 
I’m so worried about all these symptoms. I’m assuming these crazy symptoms are withdrawal symptoms.might I have them anyway- even if I spread my dose out?

thank you

[Ma...]

I would go with what Colin said: stick to the Lora and start a slow taper. Tapering gives your brain the chance to heal. It is possible to get better during the taper, so not everyone keeps getting worse. What you read on a forum like this, are stories of difficult tapers. But the very large group of easy tapers isn’t to be found online. But is there! So this group is also a so called ‘bias’.

Switching to another benzo is like Russian Roulette. Could get better, could get worse, could do nothing.

I don’t know in which country you live, but ask your pharmacist for a compounded liquid. Most of the time they can make or have Attivan as a liquid. Sometimes that makes it easier to handle than cutting/crushing tablets. 

If they can make a 0,5mg/ml or 0,25mg/ml liquid and you use a 1ml syringe, you can make very small steps in tapering. You can even make a dilution by adding water to make even smaller steps.

The only way out, is through. And not by jumping to quick.

And next to medication, create a good daily routine for yourself that helps you cope. That includes: being outside (could be with sunglasses and sound-protection), light movement (like al little walk, chair-yoga, moving on easy music), eating healthy (sometimes frequent smaller bits are easier or add an dietary drink-supplement for protein), practice compassion, self massage, acceptance&commitment, distraction is important (puzzle, draw, crossword, creativity, podcast, read, feelgood tv, movie etc).

The benzo makes you believe you can’t do this. But the benzo creates a lie. It creates false and negative intrusions. So be aware that your negative thoughts are created by the benzo. It’s not you! 
Behind the benzo there is still a very beautiful person that’s capable of getting back to life! So go for it! Believe in yourself, not in the benzo! 🌻

• Like 1

[Ba...]

Oh my goodness!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this to me!!!!! It’s helpful and comforting.

Our compounding pharmacy won’t do that. I’m trying to get my husband to help me figure out the tablets with a scale and daily scrape a tiny bit off. I hope it works.

I will do your suggestions.

Did you also get off of Loraz?

♥️

[Ma...]

Currently tapering Lora after a year. I only can tolerate minus 0,01 every 3-4 weeks. Symptoms are doable, but it will take years to come off this way.

Good to mention is that I got prescribed Lora due to severe withdrawal syndrome from Paroxetine. So, my nervous system was already weak before starting my Lora taper. So I guess that makes things harder. 

What a shame that your pharmacy isn’t willing to get you a liquid. Would it be possible to switch pharmacy? If not, I’m confident you and your husband will figure things out with help from this forum.

And about the lack of sleep: try to keep compassionate. Cherish your body and brain for working so hard, in stead of feeling frustration about the situation. If you find yourself staring at the ceiling, place a hand on your chest or belly and tell yourself you’re doing good, your body is healing, it will take time and this is only the benzo causing trouble. Practice visualising your ‘best self’, ‘a safe place’ or focus on noticing your breathing. Thing wíll get better, it takes time. You can do this! You’re already doing this!

[Ba...]

How many mgd of loz are you tapering if you don’t mind me asking?

[Ba...]

Thanks so much for sharing. 
my nervous system is off the charts from the last 3 months so I understand.

You seem very positive and that you’ve accepted what is and that you have peace.

That’s where I want to be.

I appreciate your self care self love tips too!!

I am most despaired as this affects my whole family greatly!!!! My husband and son  are being kind but I know they are so sad and angry at the loss of me for now.

im 54 and was just getting ready for my full life!!!

I am a person who doesn’t drink smoke and do drugs. For some reason I never thought my monthly doses for migraines then for sleep for those weeks would ever do harm. I knew about benzos but I never thought my use was harmful.

I have friends who have taken them every night for years snd they seem fine.

Thanks again for your care and share.♥️🫶

[Ma...]

I was on 3x 0,566mg a day, before February.
I’m currently on 3x 0,511mg a day. I’m doing a microtaper experiment since three weeks and cutting down 0,003mg every 5 days. That’s about minus 2% every 3-4 weeks.

Next few days I will hold to give my system the chance to stabilize and catch up. Then resuming the microtaper for another three weeks and than I’m on 3x 0,5mg. 

Will figure out how to proceed when I’m at 3x 0,5mg. Step by step.

I’m using tablets and compounded liquid (diluting it with water) and will go to all liquid (+water) after reaching 3x 0,5mg. 

• Like 1

[Ma...]
6 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

That’s where I want to be.

I get it! But know that it’s easier to support another person than feel acceptance for ones own situation.

So, I try to keep positive and keep going but it’s a tough process with many ups and downs. It helps to take it day by day, week by week. Maybe you don’t see progress in a week, bur you may in a month or more. 

Some days I feel total despair, that it’s not fair and I didn’t deserve this. And that’s all true. And those days also pass. And slowly you will find a rhythm to keep going. 

All it needs is time and being gentle with yourself. Also tell this to your family: this will pass, it takes time, it will get better. And it’s okay to feel defeated sometimes. And after that, you pick yourself up again and go forward. Small steps are also steps.

• Like 1

[Ba...]

Thank you for sharing!!

You are wise and your words so helpful.

I heed your words and will apply.

🫶

[Ba...]
2 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

I get it! But know that it’s easier to support another person than feel acceptance for ones own situation.

So, I try to keep positive and keep going but it’s a tough process with many ups and downs. It helps to take it day by day, week by week. Maybe you don’t see progress in a week, bur you may in a month or more. 

Some days I feel total despair, that it’s not fair and I didn’t deserve this. And that’s all true. And those days also pass. And slowly you will find a rhythm to keep going. 

All it needs is time and being gentle with yourself. Also tell this to your family: this will pass, it takes time, it will get better. And it’s okay to feel defeated sometimes. And after that, you pick yourself up again and go forward. Small steps are also steps.

Yes

baby steps

[Ba...]
10 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

I was on 3x 0,566mg a day, before February.
I’m currently on 3x 0,511mg a day. I’m doing a microtaper experiment since three weeks and cutting down 0,003mg every 5 days. That’s about minus 2% every 3-4 weeks.

Next few days I will hold to give my system the chance to stabilize and catch up. Then resuming the microtaper for another three weeks and than I’m on 3x 0,5mg. 

Will figure out how to proceed when I’m at 3x 0,5mg. Step by step.

I’m using tablets and compounded liquid (diluting it with water) and will go to all liquid (+water) after reaching 3x 0,5mg. 

You seem like you’ve got it figured out. I don’t understand all the math part.

I’ve been relying on my husband.

[Ba...]

I have so many symptoms and it’s such a stress in my body. I keep wondering if my body will be able to sustain the anxiety and lack of sleep with weight loss. It’s such an out of control feeling.

[Ba...]

Hi buddies,

im really scared.

im having symptoms all day and night.

I keep losing weight and more..,,,

new ones.

my husband and the coach say to slowly taper the .25 tablet over 6 weeks. With a scale and pills it seems it will be very inaccurate.

my husband seems to think we just reduce the total on the scale every few days.

since I’m already so symptomatic and in withdrawals all day and night I feel like I just want to stop taking it…..

If I change my dose to 2 times a day I’m scared that won’t change anything bc I have the symptoms all day and night.

can you guys shed light on anyone else who has been at this spot.

thanks

[En...]
59 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hi buddies,

im really scared.

im having symptoms all day and night.

I keep losing weight and more..,,,

new ones.

my husband and the coach say to slowly taper the .25 tablet over 6 weeks. With a scale and pills it seems it will be very inaccurate.

my husband seems to think we just reduce the total on the scale every few days.

since I’m already so symptomatic and in withdrawals all day and night I feel like I just want to stop taking it…..

If I change my dose to 2 times a day I’m scared that won’t change anything bc I have the symptoms all day and night.

can you guys shed light on anyone else who has been at this spot.

thanks

I feel my withdrawal symptoms today too. You are not alone. Just reassure yourself this is only temporary and will pass with time. Once you are off the drug your brain will begin to heal. You will get better. You have to go through the pain. That's what I am telling myself today. Do breathing exercises it helps calm you down. When you panic you take shallow short breaths. Deep breathing with your eyes closed helps. Concentrate on your breaths. In and out. You will get through this. You are lucky to have a supportive husband to help you through this. It is hell to go through but once you start to feel good you will see just how sick you were. Go slow. Listen to your body. Hold your tapers until you feel good. You are on the right path to feeling yourself again. Keep us posted as to how you are doing. You can do this. 

• Like 1

[Ba...]

Thank you so much,

are you having withdrawal symptoms even while on the drug still as well?

[En...]
Just now, [[B...] said:

Thank you so much,

are you having withdrawal symptoms even while on the drug still as well?

I had symptoms in the start of my taper all the time like you. As I reduced the dosage and held until I felt better the symptoms seemed to get less. I felt good for a long time and today I feel withdrawal. It will take time for us to heal and feel better. I promise you will feel better when you get off this drug. What we are feeling is our bodies withdrawing from this drug and our brains are healing. This has been hell for me but I am determined to get off this drug and get back to my normal life. I am very tired today like sleepy even though I had a good sleep. I am also very shakey especially my hands when I hold something. I tapered too fast and this is what happens. Start slow and listen to your body before you continue. Dont taper by time. I am rushing my taper because I am close to the end. 

[Ba...]

I see

thanks for sharing all this 

i feel so sick and so many symptoms that I feel I need to get off soon or it will make me sicker snd my body is not ok with it

[En...]
Just now, [[B...] said:

I see

thanks for sharing all this 

i feel so sick and so many symptoms that I feel I need to get off soon or it will make me sicker snd my body is not ok with it

Try not to panic that will increase your symptoms. That's why I sit on the couch and do deep breathing exercises for like an hour. It helps bring you to the now and brings your anxiety down. Our anxiety is what makes our symptoms worse. Tell yourself it is the drug doing this and nothing is wrong with you. This morning I had panic attacks and thought of going to the ER. I reassured myself this is temporary. Not to panic. I will get better with time. Sitting at the ER for 10 hrs isn't going to help me. 

• Like 1

[En...]
Just now, [[B...] said:

Did you taper Ativan?

I was originally on ativan and my Dr switched me to clonazepam when I was in tolerance withdrawal. The switch was hell and I developed akathisia and was pacing around my house all day. I had such bad panic attacks and couldn't sleep more than 2 to 3hrs a night. As I tapered down I felt less medicated and I have been feeling pretty good the last few weeks until today. 

[Ba...]

Oh wow

im intolerance withdrawal snd scared it’s harming me bc I dose once a day

i habe akathasia sometimes now and no sleep unless I take pm atuvsn

hpw much longer do you have ?