Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anxiety After Klonopin Withdrawl

[je...]
4 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

i have a feeling you are a bit excited by the topic though. 

I am not excited about this topic. I am conscientious about the fact that many members are extremely vulnerable and going around telling them that they are on a "long acting benzo that are the most dangerous" is fearmongering and completely unnecessary. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Le...]

i see no benefit in the conversation cause i think you are getting defensive thinking i am attacking people in some way. there is no ill intent here and it is easy to misinterpret what people are trying to say on topics you feel strongly about. 

i wish you all the best. 

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

i agree. that is just the reasoning i read behind the use of them in the recent past. even in my case. 

What? Benzodiazepines are prescribed for anxiety, insomnia, pain and a whole host of other reasons.

FYI, @[je...] I believe, is kindly explaining the rules of conduct on this board.

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

[PE...]
43 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

wow. i have wondered a lot about this having experienced nothing but horror about them when i figured out what was happening to me. 

Sorry I don't understand what you wrote here @[Le...]?

[PE...]
4 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Sorry I don't understand what you wrote here @[Le...]?

You mean you didn't like the effect at all?

[Le...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

You mean you didn't like the effect at all?

never even experienced any. was given .5 mg no effect. .5 morning and night first time after going cold turkey and likely feeling some withdrawal. dont think it even took the physical parts of withdrawal away. next time i was told to stop months later i returned in 2 weeks a disaster and was given 1mg morning 1 mg night. was always too sick and never recognised and effect from taking them. 

[Le...]

think i may have spent most of 4 years in some level of withdrawal. 

[PE...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

never even experienced any. was given .5 mg no effect. .5 morning and night first time after going cold turkey and likely feeling some withdrawal. dont think it even took the physical parts of withdrawal away. next time i was told to stop months later i returned in 2 weeks a disaster and was given 1mg morning 1 mg night. was always too sick and never recognised and effect from taking them. 

Oh ok.. but first time you took them before the withdrawal you must have got some effect?

[PE...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

think i may have spent most of 4 years in some level of withdrawal. 

Omg. Ok..

I took them for like 5 years before starting having problems. 

[Le...]

not that i remember. only thing i really remember is driving my motorcycle at 220 didnt scare me much. panic attacks never stopped even after .5 klonopin. 

• Like 1

[PE...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

not that i remember. only thing i really remember is driving my motorcycle at 220 didnt scare me much. panic attacks never stopped even after .5 klonopin. 

I remember really looking forward to going to bed for the "high" my little zopiclone pill gave me.

That and sleep.. I got them because of bad Insomnia. 

[Le...]

bit differnet i think. i went from couple panic attacks a day to every day for years feeling like a constant panic attack then really bad withdrawal   quite a mess. 

[PE...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

bit differnet i think. i went from couple panic attacks a day to every day for years feeling like a constant panic attack then really bad withdrawal   quite a mess. 

Yeah it sounds like that.. must be hard to tell which is which!

My insomnia is coming back. The more i heal the harder it's get to fall asleep.

[Le...]

i have little advice besides meditation or running yourself to exhaustion. both have had mixed results for me. 

[PE...]

I workout until I'm exhausted. That makes me relaxed.. but not enough to fall asleep. Sleeping has always been an issue for me. I was only 10 when i started to be up all nights without sleep. My mind wandering off.. I tried learning meditation but i find it very hard to not think of anything! Just being in a nothingless is an artform.

[Le...]

meditation itself doesnt work for me either. those guided ones with body scans do sometimes. the womans voice from the Mindful Movement videos is very soothing for me and I can be distracted by listening and following along. 

[PE...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

meditation itself doesnt work for me either. those guided ones with body scans do sometimes. the womans voice from the Mindful Movement videos is very soothing for me and I can be distracted by listening and following along. 

Oh I have to have pitch black and dead silent, using some rubber things in my ears, to have any possibility to sleep at all.

Lol yeah I tried those. My imagination start making faces and imgages to those voices.

[Le...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Oh I have to have pitch black and dead silent, using some rubber things in my ears, to have any possibility to sleep at all.

Lol yeah I tried those. My imagination start making faces and imgages to those voices.

definitely not a good match then. I get images too but positive ones. 

[PE...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

definitely not a good match then. I get images too but positive ones. 

Yeah me to. Or just faces to match the voices.. 

[Le...]

i grew up on a little island and my family was a mess so i used to go sleep near the beach at night. there were a few roosting spots where this smelly bird would return at dusk every night in hundreds. if you got there and stayed still as it got dark they would cozy up to you at night. imaging lying in moss with a hundred duck like birds cozying up to you at night for the warmth.  good memories to fall asleep to. also you get used to the smell but everyone keeps their distance in the morning :)

[PE...]

Wow that sounds amazing..

I used to have cats. I slept good with them all.. the only sound that helps me sleep is a sleeping cat I think.

• Like 1

[Le...]
5 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Wow that sounds amazing..

I used to have cats. I slept good with them all.. the only sound that helps me sleep is a sleeping cat I think.

had quite a few too they all had people names like fred and george. 

• Like 1

[re...]

I LOVE cats. My mother has a cute one and she sleeps right on me and even though I get wound up some nights that purring and vibration they have calms me down big time.