Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anxiety After Klonopin Withdrawl

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

Groundhog Day! 

That's funny that's what I call it too. I tell my Dr it is groundhog day every day lol

[jo...]

Groundhog Day! great film! Shit living it though:brickwall:

• Like 2

[Re...]

At least Groundhog Day had a good ending right?  And we will, too, in time. 

• Like 3

[Tw...]
7 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I find going for a walk helps. It also gives me a sense of accomplishment even if it is false. Mornings are always the worst when you go through withdrawal. Cortisol levels are the highest that's the hormone that wakes you up. I find as the day goes on the anxiety lessens. Distraction is the best medicine. Keep your mind busy to pass the time. Especially the early hours. I go to bed at night thinking I have to do this all over again tomorrow. 

I have absolutely No Sleep due to extremely high anxiety. I quit benzos two months ago. Please help. 

[En...]
5 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I have absolutely No Sleep due to extremely high anxiety. I quit benzos two months ago. Please help. 

I am sorry you are suffering with insomnia. I had bad insomnia as well. I am still tapering and am at 0.5mg left to go. I had insomnia due to overthinking. I would wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake and my mind would be going about work mainly. I felt guilty not being at work and I would think about it all night. My Dr put me on Prozac which is working for me. I already have a mental illness before the clonazepam and was on 150mg effexor and I weaned myself off that last year which I believe started my downward spiral and led to me having to take lorazpam to deal with my stress. I had a mental breakdown in December. I find I need the antidepressants to function. Some people do not believe in taking medication but for me it is needed. Like someone who is schizophrenic and needs antipsychotic.  But that is just my story. 

[Tw...]
4 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I am sorry you are suffering with insomnia. I had bad insomnia as well. I am still tapering and am at 0.5mg left to go. I had insomnia due to overthinking. I would wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake and my mind would be going about work mainly. I felt guilty not being at work and I would think about it all night. My Dr put me on Prozac which is working for me. I already have a mental illness before the clonazepam and was on 150mg effexor and I weaned myself off that last year which I believe started my downward spiral and led to me having to take lorazpam to deal with my stress. I had a mental breakdown in December. I find I need the antidepressants to function. Some people do not believe in taking medication but for me it is needed. Like someone who is schizophrenic and needs antipsychotic.  But that is just my story. 

@[En...]I agree that some of us still need the Non-addictive medication to cope. 

[Le...]
Just now, [[T...] said:

@[En...]I agree that some of us still need the Non-addictive medication to cope. 

They are all addictive. 

[Tw...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

They are all addictive. 

I know that most people here don't agree with medication. I had to go to a hospital for twenty eight days immediately following my benzodiazepine withdrawal. I don't recommend it for everyone, but for me, Seroquel, Trazadone, Prozac, and Trileptal helps Alot. 

• Like 1

[Le...]
4 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I know that most people here don't agree with medication. I had to go to a hospital for twenty eight days immediately following my benzodiazepine withdrawal. I don't recommend it for everyone, but for me, Seroquel, Trazadone, Prozac, and Trileptal helps Alot. 

i actually agree that very short term use of some can be useful. addiction happens fast though and some are ineffective before the addiction has set it and started causing problems.  

[En...]
12 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

They are all addictive. 

Some people have a mental illness and the medication helps. I am one of those people. There is no shame in needing antidepressants if they help you live a normal life. I have tried CBT therapy and as it does help I still find antidepressants to be more helpful. I dont agree they are addictive you do not crave these medications. I agree they can loose effectiveness over time requiring a larger dose. I need antidepressants long term I found that out the hard way. I weaned off my effexor and had a nervous breakdown. Some people just have mental illness.

[Le...]
50 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Some people have a mental illness and the medication helps. I am one of those people. There is no shame in needing antidepressants if they help you live a normal life. I have tried CBT therapy and as it does help I still find antidepressants to be more helpful. I dont agree they are addictive you do not crave these medications. I agree they can loose effectiveness over time requiring a larger dose. I need antidepressants long term I found that out the hard way. I weaned off my effexor and had a nervous breakdown. Some people just have mental illness.

you are likely right but it is more of a balance between the price and benefit that is really hard to judge. 

[je...]
23 hours ago, [[L...] said:

this long acting benzo is very confusing and the most dangerous. taking it lasts for days and the addiction is very thorough. 

Hi @[Le...]

just a point of clarification. There is no literature to say long acting benzo’s are more dangerous than other benzo’s.  There is also a difference between addiction and physical dependence. I’m also not sure what you mean by the addiction is very thorough and if you have  evidence for that? We need to be careful what we say to others as people here are very vulnerable and we need to avoid creating unnecessary fear. 

• Like 2

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

Hi @[Le...]

just a point of clarification. There is no literature to say long acting benzo’s are more dangerous than other benzo’s.  There is also a difference between addiction and physical dependence. I’m also not sure what you mean by the addiction is very thorough and if you have  evidence for that? We need to be careful what we say to others as people here are very vulnerable and we need to avoid creating 

I both was psychical dependent and had a addiction. I just liked the effects of benzos to much. It's like alcohol but without the hangover. The only drug i been really addictive to. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
5 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I both was psychical dependent and had a addiction. I just liked the effects of benzos to much. It's like alcohol but without the hangover. The only drug i been really addictive to. 

Yeah that was my problem too. I liked the effect too much even though I knew I didn't really need them. I used to drink with them too sometimes which is really stupid as in can potentially suppress your breathing to the point where you can stop breathing. Silly. It's a slippery slope.

[PE...]
5 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah that was my problem too. I liked the effect too much even though I knew I didn't really need them. I used to drink with them too sometimes which is really stupid as in can potentially suppress your breathing to the point where you can stop breathing. Silly. It's a slippery slope.

They know how to get people hooked on them. Evil bastards.

• Like 1

[Le...]
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Hi @[Le...]

just a point of clarification. There is no literature to say long acting benzo’s are more dangerous than other benzo’s.  There is also a difference between addiction and physical dependence. I’m also not sure what you mean by the addiction is very thorough and if you have  evidence for that? We need to be careful what we say to others as people here are very vulnerable and we need to avoid creating unnecessary fear. 

There is a lot of discussion about the differing effect of unstable levels in body more common with short acting and more stable levels with long acting.   i see your point about how the topic isnt terribly helpful though. 

[Le...]
1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

hm. i never had that. i was started slow and noticed no effect then everytime i was told to stop i was told i developed gad or something and given more. 

[Le...]

to this day i have never craved a pill. guess thats something to be grateful for. 

• Like 1

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

to this day i have never craved a pill. guess thats something to be grateful for. 

Oh I craved it every second the first five months. I used to think of blisters and my mouth got wet from saliva like whrn hungry and thinking of a stake lol!!

• Haha 2

[PE...]
4 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Coming of them is just as hard I think.

[je...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

There is a lot of discussion about the differing effect of unstable levels in body more common with short acting and more stable levels with long acting.   i see your point about how the topic isnt terribly helpful though. 

Benzo's with a shorter half-life usually result in interdose withdrawal whereas long half-lives typically* don't. It doesn't mean long half-lives are more dangerous. Prof Ashton crossed all her patients over to Diazepam which probably has the longest half-life of them all. It is perfectly fine to tell people about short and long acting drugs. We do it all the time. But we need to be factually correct and if there is not existing evidence we can't state it as a fact. To phrase it as long acting drugs are more dangerous is not factually correct, unless you can provide literature that proves it is. :) 

*Some people on long-acting benzo's still experience interdose withdrawal.

• Like 1

[Le...]
5 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Oh I craved it every second the first five months. I used to think of blisters and my mouth got wet from saliva like whrn hungry and thinking of a stake lol!!

wow. i have wondered a lot about this having experienced nothing but horror about them when i figured out what was happening to me. 

[Le...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Benzo's with a shorter half-life usually result in interdose withdrawal whereas long half-lives typically* don't. It doesn't mean long half-lives are more dangerous. Prof Ashton crossed all her patients over to Diazepam which probably has the longest half-life of them all. It is perfectly fine to tell people about short and long acting drugs. We do it all the time. But we need to be factually correct and if there is not existing evidence we can't state it as a fact. To phrase it as long acting drugs are more dangerous is not factually correct, unless you can provide literature that proves it is. :) 

*Some people on long-acting benzo's still experience interdose withdrawal.

no literature just doctor speculation and anecdotal evidence they base it on like almost everything on this topic including your opinion. i have a feeling you are a bit excited by the topic though. 

if you want to consider it though consider how the effect may be different if you drink a dozen drinks at 6 everyday or one drink per hour from 6 to 6. your experience would be different. it is why doctors started prefering longer acting benzos cause they thought there was less possibility for that binge like behaviour. 

[Ma...]

I’m sorry, but ‘doctors’, collectively, have not preferred long acting benzos and there is no proof that benzos lead to binge like behavior.

Having been in this forum for 2 years I can pretty positively say that perhaps 99% of the members took as prescribed.

[Le...]

i agree. that is just the reasoning i read behind the use of them in the recent past. even in my case.