Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Intro

[bu...]

When you say for a little while after I get off it, do you mean a little while on top of the 11 days it would usually take to normalize off of a quarter pill for me?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bu...]

• [Pa...]

• [Be...]

• [Po...]

It usually takes a few weeks or even months to heal after you taper from benzo's, and if you're feeling kind of rough getting off of the last little bit, it's likely you'll still feel that way for awhile yet.

• 4 weeks later...
Here I am now, stuck at 0.15625 mg (I'm using water, that's just above a 1/4 of a 0.5 mg klonopin.  I've been crushing a 1/4 pill and going down a quarter of that every 3 days.  I had to stop and take a break once I about to jump in front of one of the trains that runs next to my house (3 tracks).  I'm glad I did because I feel better today then yesterday, and yesterday was a day I would have normally jumped down a little more.  It gets old freaking out all the time and losing your mind.  I figure I've got at least 15 days of withdrawal left, with about 73 days behind me.  I think the last time I posted on here, I had about 35 days of withdrawal left.  In the end, this "time off" might actually catch me up to where I should be at, seeing how I'm feeling better each day still on the same dose (2/4 of 1/4 pill in the morning, 3/4 of 1/4 pill in the evening).

• 5 weeks later...
Well, that last part was pure hell.  I felt like people, ALL people were watching me.  I started to crush a quarter pill, put it in water, and drop down a quarter of that each drop.  I've been off since Wednesday of last week and I feel like I'm getting a little better each day... I think.  I actually could talk on the phone and keep a conversation going for the first time in at least a month.

Thanks.  I wish I could be on here more to make more friends.  It just is harder when I'm getting hit hard by all this.  As most of the people on here that I've read like to say, keep busy, I like to do that.  It keeps your mind off of all of this.  Having your mind on something else almost all the time made the difference for me in my massive amounts of downtime.  Coming on here made me think about it all and made it hard on me.