Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam advice

[Ma...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

@[Ma...] I’m not good with math. How do you calculate reducing .01 mg per week using a .5mg C tablet that weighs .173 g? I’m not as far along as you are at .25 mg but would like to learn the math for future reference. Thanks Ctlady

I’m not sure where you are but here’s an example starting from a 0.5mg dose of Clonazepam :

Start:       .5mg = .173

Week 2: .49mg = .173 (49/50) = .170

Week 3: .48mg = .173 (48/50) = .166

Week 4: .47mg = .173 (47/50) = .163

So you keep using the formula above, keeping .173 and 50 the same and reducing to whatever dose (.49, .48, etc) you want to be at.  The number at the end (173,170,166 etc is your new pill weight needed. 

Based on the pill weight of .173, you could also just drop .03 or .04 of that .173 every time you wanted to go down by .01mg of Clonazepam.  Does this make sense? I know it can be confusing.  

[je...]
10 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hi @[je...] and @[Co...]

Where I am Clonazepam is available in a fine granule form, so my doctor has given me it in this form to help with tapering. The manufacturer is the same as for the tablets I was using before, and looking at the ingredients, the only difference is that the granules have less fillers (no talc for example). Do you think it will be okay to taper using the granules rather than the tablets I was previously using? I'm just wondering if absorption, dose consistency and bio-availability will be the same, or if there might be any other issues that I haven't thought of. The advantage of the granules is that I can weigh out the dose directly without having to cut and shave the tablets, but I don't want to use them if there's a risk they might destabilize my taper. I'd appreciate any thoughts/advice you can give on this.

FineGranules.jpg.8b45115e717c30abac0a23dd9fb059f2.jpg 

This looks like an easier option than shaving. If you can tolerate it, I think it will be practically easier to taper. 

• Like 1

[ba...]

@[Al...] i havent posted a comment for a while as i have been trapped with pharmacy missing days, contemplating switching doctors, and worst of all living with to many family members. Some playing doctors Some forgetting I'm on a taper. 

Got some smart people on here. @[Al...] I told you about the pregablin and that's a rough taper I'm going to have to do at some point. But I'm glad your going slow good luck chat soon.

• Like 1

[Sa...]
On 06/07/2024 at 07:51, [[M...] said:

Interesting.  I haven’t read the guidelines myself.  I am at .25 myself and about to make a cut but haven’t decided how much yet.  It’s taken me almost a year now to get from 1 to .25 with a couple longer holds.  I know some people do like .01/week which seems reasonable depending on your symptoms.  

How do you take off .01 a week? 

[Ma...]
2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

How do you take off .01 a week? 

You need to weigh your tablets with a scale after you shave off a small amount.  

[Sa...]
10 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

You need to weigh your tablets with a scale after you shave off a small amount.  

I need something easier than that 

[Ma...]
2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I need something easier than that 

Understand, it is a little tedious but you just get used to it after you get the hang of it.  I cut all my pills for a week and it takes me about 5-10 minutes a week.  I did not do well with liquid tapers which I found a lot more complicated and required you to mix up a solution every day.  

[je...]

@[Sa...] may I ask you to please start a tapering thread of your own with your tapering questions? For tapering purposes we need an individual thread for each member containing their own information and this thread is about @[Al...] tapering needs. I understand you are new here, so now harm done, it will just be best if you continue this conversation on your own thread. :)

• 2 weeks later...
[ba...]

Just in closing @[Al...] I'm proud of you. It's the people and lifestyle for me more than cutting etc.

Living with families brother and wife although very good people, i have to look after my 5.3 year old.

Lol brother has an 11 months old and his wife and all these small issues are affecting me if that makes sense.

Living with 8 people.

• Like 1

[Bo...]
On 24/06/2024 at 06:45, [[A...] said:

@[je...]

I haven't made any changes to my dosing schedule yet, but I have developed this very distressing symptom of chest tightness and air hunger. It feels like my body isn't getting enough oxygen even when I'm resting. What do you think this means and is there anything I can do about it? It's a really uncomfortable feeling, the worst symptom I have experienced so far.

Hi, the chest tightness and air hunger are due to hyperventilating. Just another withdrawal symptom. Try breathing exercises and breathe to your abdomen. That helped me a lot. I was constantly gasping for air and trying to yawn

[Cr...]

Hello @[Bo...], welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Thank you for providing support. If you feel the need to receive any support, please do not hesitate to start new topic whenever you feel the need.