Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Back to Benzos/GABA

[Pa...]

Thx to all your help means a lot to me.

I will let you guys updated. Going back to work at tuesday.

[Pa...]

I am still back on GABA it was not my plan, but without on work i cant do it. I try to stabilize and taper down really slowly. Last time i done it Cold turkey maybe that was to extreme. It feels still Like Withdrawal but not intense like before. I think i cant stop the Withdrawal and the damage is done, i just can do it a liitle smoother. Anyone here think its still possible to heal when i am back on the Supplement cause it feels like. I can feel the withdrawal but i can also feel its a little better now. 

@[Pa...], hi again:) As far as i know, you came off benzo about 3+ months ago. Is it right? What benzo was it and how long did you take it? Did you do it Cold turkey or tapering? Just would like to understand your condition better.

[Pa...]

@[...]

I was on Benzos for 3 months and did a taper, then i had Withdrawal for 6 months and it was ok. Then i started a GABA supplement cause my anxiety came back. I was on GABA for 3 months and quit it cold turkey. I was off it for 3 months then, since 3 weeks i am back on GABA cause it was impossible at work. My plan is now to stabilize on GABA and do a very very slow taper. It feels like the damage is done and i cant stop the Withdrawal but its seems like more doable this way. So i think healing is possible alltough i am back on it?

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[...]

I was on Benzos for 3 months and did a taper, then i had Withdrawal for 6 months and it was ok. Then i started a GABA supplement cause my anxiety came back. I was on GABA for 3 months and quit it cold turkey. I was off it for 3 months then, since 3 weeks i am back on GABA cause it was impossible at work. My plan is now to stabilize on GABA and do a very very slow taper. It feels like the damage is done and i cant stop the Withdrawal but its seems like more doable this way. So i think healing is possible alltough i am back on it?

Sure, @[Pa...], i think healing is possible back on GABA. As far as i know a GABA supplement is hardly considered dangerous. That's why it's freely sold. Something about its being unable to enter the BBB and influence the brain directly, i just read about it. Guess GABA can't be compared to benzo at all but can have some bad or even good effect on the process of the benzo withdrawal. I really know people who claim it helped them no end in this state and they stopped taking it after a while.

Think your plan is a good one. Once again, i'm sure no damage is done, just some hyper reaction of your stil a bit shaken by benzo nervous system to any stress you have. I'd take it for granted i'm healing anyway. Good luck to you!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Hi, I keep reading different references to the acute timeframe. Some say its the first 3 weeks some say 3 months, I'm confused by it. In my experience I'm having some worse waves now 3 months out than I was 3 weeks.

@[jo...], it's a goon point. I guess nobody can tell for sure about phases' time frames of the withdrawal, too many things to take into account. Everyone heals at their own pace and has their own withdrawal pattern. Some patterns coincide but there are no rules.

As for me, i had the worst waves in my 5-6 months out. I still have some waves but much fewer symptoms to deal with and their intensivity can't be compared to what it used to be first 8 months.

Hope your waves will be gone in no time and you'll get better and better. But if anything, just don't get frustrated. It'll pass too. The process is mostly nonlinear but leads to the long awaited recovery. Smooth healing to you!)

• Like 1

[Le...]

i experience a good but very mild effect from gaba and extreme negative effects from mirt. i think trying that set back my recovery a fair bit. also trying to get off was hard.