Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Jump off point Klonopin

[or...]

I gotta cross that bridge when I get to it, but I figure so far, I've felt stable before I taper again, so I'll wait for that as I go down to the end of the line.  I think there is going to be a real "mental" factor, or emotional, because after having this benzo in my life for so many years, the reality of no longer taking it at all will be a bit frightening for me.

I go by weight of dose, but I also know the percentage along side of that.  But, I did decide weight of dose was easiest.  I'm doing 3% tapers now from a .5 mg tablet of C, so for example, I just tapered from .170g tablet average weight down to .165 g and doing great compared to a few previous cuts over the year or so I've tapered.  So I'm just down to 48% of original 1 mg tablet.  The reason I got the .5 tablets, much easier for me.

I'm glad that my scale is working so well so far, as I think this next few months will fly by as busy as I am ;)  I also should add I have been holding around 10 or so days, a lot going on, and just some higher anxiety, with moving to a new home, and raising a puppy, oregonlady

[Ru...]

@[re...] when you say you jumped at approx .03, did you stay on .03 until you stabilized and then dropped it? Or did you take it for say 10-12 days and that was it, you stopped, regardless of how you were feeling? 

I'll be cutting to .0625 at the end of this week. I thought about jumping there, but am now  thinking of possibly doing down to .0312. I did a ct of 1mg clonazepam, after 7 days I reinstated, but only to .5mg and began me taper there. I cut 1/8 off every 10-14 days depending on how I felt. I'm down to .125 mg currently. My taper has gone really well, thank God!

[An...]
9 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I gotta cross that bridge when I get to it, but I figure so far, I've felt stable before I taper again, so I'll wait for that as I go down to the end of the line.  I think there is going to be a real "mental" factor, or emotional, because after having this benzo in my life for so many years, the reality of no longer taking it at all will be a bit frightening for me.

I go by weight of dose, but I also know the percentage along side of that.  But, I did decide weight of dose was easiest.  I'm doing 3% tapers now from a .5 mg tablet of C, so for example, I just tapered from .170g tablet average weight down to .165 g and doing great compared to a few previous cuts over the year or so I've tapered.  So I'm just down to 48% of original 1 mg tablet.  The reason I got the .5 tablets, much easier for me.

I'm glad that my scale is working so well so far, as I think this next few months will fly by as busy as I am ;)  I also should add I have been holding around 10 or so days, a lot going on, and just some higher anxiety, with moving to a new home, and raising a puppy, oregonlady

I understand. I have been using 0.5 mg clonazepam for 20 years

Not using it anymore will be frightening.

I am now at 0.115 mg pill weight. My tablets weigh 0.203.

I also taper a few % per month. With the start I was a little too enthusiastic. 10% per month turned out to be too much. So I am now going back in percentages. Have too many withdrawal symptoms now. A puppy is a nice distraction. I saw him pass by. He is adorable. I hope you have fun and good luck with the tapering.

Apologies for the language, I am using a translation machine :( That also makes it harder for me to respond to BB. I can speak reasonable English but when I look at the translation now I think...terrible it doesn't make sense.

Angelique

• Like 1

[or...]

I think you are doing great with the translator, don't think I would have guessed it Angelique :) 

You are so getting down there in your taper and think super-wise to taper a little less to possibly lessen the sxs.  I can hardly believe I am doing so well, and barely notice the time it's taken to get this far :)  But I really listened to folks that kept saying "listen to your body to determine tapering as I go".  Holding a little longer if necessary for me to feel stable enough to cut a little more, or if I'd had a bad time of wd, taper a lesser percent. 

It seems like common sense to me but I really don't fully grasp how little of an effect (wd sxs) would equal no value at all.  I've tapered as little as .001 g of weight, and still seemed to have more sxs.  Some will probably say it was all in my head.  Well I'll just say I do know it's all in my receptors for sure ;) oregonlady :hug:

• Like 1

[An...]
15 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I think you are doing great with the translator, don't think I would have guessed it Angelique :) 

You are so getting down there in your taper and think super-wise to taper a little less to possibly lessen the sxs.  I can hardly believe I am doing so well, and barely notice the time it's taken to get this far :)  But I really listened to folks that kept saying "listen to your body to determine tapering as I go".  Holding a little longer if necessary for me to feel stable enough to cut a little more, or if I'd had a bad time of wd, taper a lesser percent. 

It seems like common sense to me but I really don't fully grasp how little of an effect (wd sxs) would equal no value at all.  I've tapered as little as .001 g of weight, and still seemed to have more sxs.  Some will probably say it was all in my head.  Well I'll just say I do know it's all in my receptors for sure ;) oregonlady :hug:

How nice of you to say that, thank you 🤗  Sometimes i really have a barrier to ask/respond because of what I consider to be poor English.
I think we are now on the same dose in terms of phasing out despite the different pill weight. In 2 months my clonazepam will run out and I have to switch to the original Rivotril pills and they also weigh 0.170
Fortunately, I had a good conversion formula from one of the members.
I hope you have a good phase-out with as little withdrawal symptoms as possible 🙏

• Love 1

[or...]
33 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

How nice of you to say that, thank you 🤗  Sometimes i really have a barrier to ask/respond because of what I consider to be poor English.
I think we are now on the same dose in terms of phasing out despite the different pill weight. In 2 months my clonazepam will run out and I have to switch to the original Rivotril pills and they also weigh 0.170
Fortunately, I had a good conversion formula from one of the members.
I hope you have a good phase-out with as little withdrawal symptoms as possible 🙏

Oh so glad your Rivitrol is another generic for clonazepam.  That should have little affect on you changing over when it's time ;)  OL

• Like 1

[re...]

Rubi01:

I never held once I got to .57 v (.03k equivalent). But I also did a daily water micro taper so that cushioned me. If you are doing cut and hold then I would definitely hold before you jump. Many do this if it is their last reduction before jumping with good results. 

• Like 1

[Li...]
3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

In 2 months my clonazepam will run out and I have to switch to the original Rivotril pills

@[An...].  Might I reassure you on two counts?  First, you are doing an excellent job of expressing yourself in English.  Second, switching from the generic clonazepam you have been using to brand Rivotril is a positive change.  Why?  Brand manufacturers typically have higher quality control standards than generic manufacturers.  Higher standards mean less variability in the amount of active ingredient in the pills as well as the total weight of the pills.

• Love 1

[An...]
6 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Oh so glad your Rivitrol is another generic for clonazepam.  That should have little affect on you changing over when it's time ;)  OL

I hope so 🤞 I was using Rivotril for about 16 years when the pharmacy put me on Clonazepam from Sandoz. Rivotril was no longer available. And now Clonazepam Sandoz is no longer available. I am from the Netherlands and it is common knowledge that the Netherlands wants to pay too little for medicines so we are at the back of the queue with Big Pharma. A lot of medicines are not even available anymore. I don't even remember if that change four years ago did anything to me. Was busy with moving, the craziness around corona, etc etc etc.
Now that I am tapering off I find it scary but I will have to.

• Like 1

[An...]
3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[An...].  Might I reassure you on two counts?  First, you are doing an excellent job of expressing yourself in English.  Second, switching from the generic clonazepam you have been using to brand Rivotril is a positive change.  Why?  Brand manufacturers typically have higher quality control standards than generic manufacturers.  Higher standards mean less variability in the amount of active ingredient in the pills as well as the total weight of the pills.

@[Li...]Thank you for your positive words 🙏 Hopefully that will bring me to the point where I dare to respond a little more often. The problem is that sometimes I write like people talk, or talk language. This does not translate too well for the machine.

I'm glad to hear that switching may not have to be a problem. I didn't know there would be so much gradient in the generic and original

• Like 1

[Er...]
On 09/05/2024 at 15:57, [[r...] said:

Yup from the .125k down I did just that. 100 days it took me and let me down quite easy. I walked off basically symptom free. If this is your first taper you should be fine too. 

I started this method and will be down to 85 ml tonight. I'm glad I saw your post which reminded me of this option. It feels like a better way to go.

• Like 1

[mo...]
On 09/05/2024 at 13:57, [[r...] said:

Yup from the .125k down I did just that. 100 days it took me and let me down quite easy. I walked off basically symptom free. If this is your first taper you should be fine too. 

Please explain how this is done. I'm new and really suffering because I don't know how to do taper. I went from 1mg clonazepam to .375 in 8 weeks. Last nite withdrawals were horrendous I thought I would seize. So I got up and took the diff between .375mg  back to the  .5mg I'm terrified. I'm an old lady 68 taking care of 90yr dad and disabled son with no help. I don't know how to get through this

[re...]

I am so sorry that you are suffering. That rapid taper/cut is MONSTEROUS and should of never been done. It's not your fault as you had no guidance most likely. 

Who told you to do that..............a doctor?:brickwall:

I would possibly try hold for an extremely extended time and see if you can stabilize on that .5 mg. I really think you will. It may take lots of time though as you really gave your nervous system a hit with that kind of reduction initially. And then from there do a liquid micro taper possibly as that shock to your system may need it. If you were somewhat stable at the 1 mg then you could possibly updose to that and hold for awhile as well, but it could go either way and it is iffy. 

The best person I can think of to help you with a Klonopin taper is Oregon lady for ideas. And also Libertas for getting real good micro taper advice. Here is a link that will give you a basic tutorial on how to taper. But I believe Klonopin maybe needs to be possibly done as a solution. I did a water only taper from Valium no problem. 

[re...]

You will NOT seize especially if you had never had a seizure before. This is just a nasty reduction that is making  your brain go on one hundred. So put that out of your mind. 

If you cold turkied then YES it is a possibility, but even then kind of rare off of 1 mg. This to me is still a SIGNIFICANT amount of K.

But for a major Grand mal seizure, tou would have to be doing high high amounts for seizures to happen USUALLY. Not saying it can't happen but it is rare. 

[En...]
On 21/05/2024 at 18:24, [[o...] said:

I bought that scale and just used it. Very good scale for the cost. Thank you for suggesting it to me. I will use it for the rest of my micro taper. I hope to not get sick anymore. 

• Like 1

[or...]
24 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I bought that scale and just used it. Very good scale for the cost. Thank you for suggesting it to me. I will use it for the rest of my micro taper. I hope to not get sick anymore. 

Okay do let me know if you have any issues with the scale it can be really sensitive but I've managed to figure out how to get it to hit the right number. Do let us all know how you're doing and that way we can support you through your taper, Oregon lady

• Like 1

[En...]
25 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Okay do let me know if you have any issues with the scale it can be really sensitive but I've managed to figure out how to get it to hit the right number. Do let us all know how you're doing and that way we can support you through your taper, Oregon lady

I am also on clonazepam. What dosage are you jumping at? I was thinking 0.030mg. This new micro taper will be a trail and error to start. 

[or...]
10 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I am also on clonazepam. What dosage are you jumping at? I was thinking 0.030mg. This new micro taper will be a trail and error to start. 

I haven't thought that one out but I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing which is taking small tapers, and holding for at least 5 days to let the new dose "tell" me if it's going to be too big a taper, if so, then I'll hold until I feel stable again.  If I have a rough time, I'll take a smaller taper next time, but if it was manageable, then I will taper the same.  If it's easy street, which hasn't happened for me ;) I can taper a little bigger, see how that goes, Oregonlady

PS I'm so very glad to see so many people wanting to taper, and micro-taper at that!  I think it's at the least, a great way to test the waters ;)

[En...]
25 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I haven't thought that one out but I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing which is taking small tapers, and holding for at least 5 days to let the new dose "tell" me if it's going to be too big a taper, if so, then I'll hold until I feel stable again.  If I have a rough time, I'll take a smaller taper next time, but if it was manageable, then I will taper the same.  If it's easy street, which hasn't happened for me ;) I can taper a little bigger, see how that goes, Oregonlady

PS I'm so very glad to see so many people wanting to taper, and micro-taper at that!  I think it's at the least, a great way to test the waters ;)

I learned I need to micro taper this last little bit the hard way. I suffered my last taper. I didnt updose but it was  very tempting.  Thank god I found this website. I wouldn't know how to proceed. 

[or...]
28 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I learned I need to micro taper this last little bit the hard way. I suffered my last taper. I didnt updose but it was  very tempting.  Thank god I found this website. I wouldn't know how to proceed. 

I feel the same way Eng101, I don't know where I could have possibly found this amount of help, and free!!

Well I just took my pup out for a walk, and now we are both tired, me more than her ;)  so you have a good evening, well, depending on where you are in the world ;) maybe see you tomorrow, oregonlady :balloon:

• Like 1

[En...]
9 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I feel the same way Eng101, I don't know where I could have possibly found this amount of help, and free!!

Well I just took my pup out for a walk, and now we are both tired, me more than her ;)  so you have a good evening, well, depending on where you are in the world ;) maybe see you tomorrow, oregonlady :balloon:

I live in Canada your neighbour. I saw a picture of your dog and I have a dog of a similar breed. Those are happy dogs but they bark alot. My dogs name is Fergie. 

• Like 1

[En...]
10 hours ago, [[o...] said:

You know what you are doing. You taper as per how you feel. I have been doing that all my taper.  I am scared to see how this last little bit of my taper is going to be but I am committed to getting off this poison.  I am disappointed in my Dr for what he did. I honestly think he doesn't know this medication or is negligent to his patients. He has developed a God complex and I dont trust him any longer. 

It is going to be a nice day here in Canada today. I hope it is the same where you are. 

[or...]
24 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I live in Canada your neighbour. I saw a picture of your dog and I have a dog of a similar breed. Those are happy dogs but they bark alot. My dogs name is Fergie. 

My folks were born in Canada, another subject ;) No barking so far from my pup, but time will tell I guess.  I hope she doesn't start because I'm an apartment dweller so it would be rough.

• Like 1