Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Question for those with long term muscle issues

[Le...]
3 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Where is your tension the head?. If yes, stretching and massage takes the edge off?

it does for hours. 

[Sc...]

Mine is just head neck and upper back. Head is the worst. Constant squeezing 

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

yea. i hurt myself exercising and started about 6 times per day stretching it out and stuff. i got lots of relief from tension and tinnitus but cant stop doing it ever. 

lots ear and eye pressure. 

Edited by [Le...]
clarify

[Le...]

I dont think the fact that it is same stretching others do for relief from somnatic tinnitus is a coincidence. 

[Le...]

yea. left arm over head to right ear. hold posture straight and pull until strained. ignore crunching. hold 60 secs. then other side. 

turn head 45 left or right. stand straight. tuck chin to chest until strained. pull with hand if needed.

my tinnitus topic has the back strengthening ones that physio told me would help over time to support neck better and help make tension return less. 

[Sc...]

I also got tinnitus it comes and goes every day and alternates each ear. I think comes from the stiff neck. You have any videos on the neck stretches you do?

[Le...]

it triggered lots of odd things when i started so dont be too concerned. bursts of loud tinnitus that would fade back fast. numb hands and sometimes feet. weakness. nothing like wd but a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...
[fa...]
On 04/05/2024 at 21:27, [[S...] said:

I'm 11 years off and have severe head tension/squeezing from the neurological damage of the drugs i was on. It got worse over the years.

11 years?  My gawd.  

• 1 month later...
[Gi...]
On 17/04/2024 at 16:16, [[f...] said:

Thanks for the message.

Overall I continue to have severe muscle tightness, especially in the mornings, but I am seeing some good days with some decent periods of less pain.  The muscles and area of my torso affected seems to be getting  less and less each month....it is mostly only a relatively small area now especially compared to what it was a year ago. 

I am able to do more things now than I was before but I am not out of the woods by nay means but I hope that this trend continues.

Hope you find some relief soon.

Are you getting better?

[fl...]

No...getting worse.  Hoping that it is a short wave and this passes soon.

Thanks for asking.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
[Gi...]
On 25/03/2024 at 22:38, [[f...] said:

djej2010

Same for me.  I am now 42 months off and am still having some serious muscle pain (mostly on my right hand side).  I have a very severe 4 month wave starting last July and it peaked in Oct.  Since then I have seen some significant relief and my best months since I quit were last Dec, Jan and Feb of this year.

However this past few weeks the pain has been nasty again.  Not as bad as the July-Oct wave of last year but not great.  The mornings are horrible when I first wake-up, gets better with I get up and walk, but by the afternoon/evening it is nasty again. 

Hoping this is a relatively short-lived wave.

Unfortunately it may take a long time to recover.  Hope you see relief soon.

@[fl...]

Hi, 

Is your wave better? Are your muscles less painful?

[fl...]

Thanks for asking Giuly.  No, unfortunately things have gotten much worse.  Unrelenting.  I have had waves which have lasted 6-8 weeks so maybe I will come out of this soon.

You feeling any better?