Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Rapid Tapering from high dosage. Struggling.

[da...]

Now I am down to 2.5mg Diazepam and I am doing "well" (comparing to the previous months). Although WDs are still there and uncomfortable, but I am feeling way less anxious. Joint & Muscle Pain, mild DPDR and Hypertension are my problems now but I know how to relief them a bit. So they are less scary now.

May I have some advise on my tapering schedule? I am planning to cut 0.25mg every 2 weeks in the future. From 2.5mg all the way down to 0.25mg then jump. So it takes 10 cycles in total (20 weeks). Is it too slow and prolong the tapering? I saw our BBs jump on 0.5mg. I am cutting 0.5mg every 2 weeks in the past few months. So I am thinking to slow it down a bit.

I really appreciate all of the BBs in the forum. Even the posts that created years before helped me a lot. Thank you!

Best wishes,

Dav

[je...]

The best is to let your symptoms guide your cuts. Many people say it gets harder the lower they get. I don’t think it will do any harm to make smaller cuts. If you find a cut is hurting you then you can also hold longer between cuts. It is more important to be functional than to rush your taper. It will however long it takes. 

I’m glad you’re able to manage your symptoms and you’ve done well to get this far!