Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Ms hug and rib pain

[Gi...]

Thank you so much @[Re...] I really appreciate it 😊. I have this squeezing, tightness and constriction on my torso/diaphragm and back. It travels round affecting my abdomen ribs. So uncomfortable particularly when I sit down.

It cycles round, changes in intensity, sometimes it goes away but then returns. I had good days with low symptoms but the strange thing is that if it is not the torso/diaphragm that plays up it’s is the back. Breathing is affected because I feel constricted and also when I breath deeply this causes my abdomen to seize up/contract/spasms.

Do you also get these? Do you have it when you sit down too?

❤️

Edited by [Gi...]

[Re...]
14 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Thank you so much @[Re...] I really appreciate it 😊. I have this squeezing, tightness and constriction on my torso/diaphragm and back. It travels round affecting my abdomen ribs. So uncomfortable particularly when I sit down.

It cycles round, changes in intensity, sometimes it goes away but then returns. I had good days with low symptoms but the strange thing is that if it is not the torso/diaphragm that plays up it’s is the back. Breathing is affected because I feel constricted and also when I breath deeply this causes my abdomen to seize up/contract/spasms.

Do you also get these? Do you have it when you sit down too?

❤️

I did have this. It got really bad when I was tapering Seroquel in benzo wd. I know exactly what you are describing. I do not have this anymore constantly. I had it for a couple of days recently when I was trying to walk outside for a few minutes but it was nowhere near as intense as it once was and it went away pretty quickly. I hope this reassures you in some way.

[Re...]
On 26/02/2024 at 12:28, [[F...] said:

Yes, it took a long time but it did eventually finally stop. Ha

@[Fo...] I think about you and wonder how you are doing. Any other positive updates?

[Gi...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

I did have this. It got really bad when I was tapering Seroquel in benzo wd. I know exactly what you are describing. I do not have this anymore constantly. I had it for a couple of days recently when I was trying to walk outside for a few minutes but it was nowhere near as intense as it once was and it went away pretty quickly. I hope this reassures you in some way.

Thank you so much for replying. I think I have got thieve symptoms from a short use of z drugs that I took tee we ice a week sparingly for about a month. I’m also withdrawing from lexapro so I don’t know what caused what.

[Fo...]
On 07/04/2024 at 14:23, [[G...] said:

How long did it take for this symptom to go for you if I may ask please?

A while, probably 6 months.

I believe it goes away for all.

• Like 1

[Gi...]
14 hours ago, [[F...] said:

A while, probably 6 months.

I believe it goes away for all.

Thank you so much for replying. Glad it went away for you.

My torso is still tight and jerking/squeezing.
Did this go away too for you and was it gradually or overnight?

Apologise for asking many questions. These symptoms have now been around for 11 months, although improved they are still here. 

❤️

• 1 month later...
[Fo...]
On 09/04/2024 at 05:25, [[G...] said:

Thank you so much for replying. Glad it went away for you.

My torso is still tight and jerking/squeezing.
Did this go away too for you and was it gradually or overnight?

Apologise for asking many questions. These symptoms have now been around for 11 months, although improved they are still here. 

❤️

Months gradually

[Be...]

Yes it's reality and it hurts horribly. It's very persistant and no test helps you. It feels like living day night someone stabbing you non stop. It only lessons with time and can trigger as when it pleases. 

[Gi...]
On 12/05/2024 at 06:15, [[C...] said:

why is it called MS hug and where is the pain?

It is a feeling of squeezing, constriction in the midsection area usually which comprises torso, back. It can cycle round involving the rib cage. It feels often as a burning, sharp, stinging, burning pulling pain in the rib because there are. Us kea that tighten and spasms placing pressure on the surrounding ribs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
[Fo...]
On 17/06/2024 at 12:55, [[T...] said:

@[Fo...] how are you sleeping? I know when I started getting some solid sleep, although not consistent, that’s when healing truly began for me around 2.5 years, but looking back over the long haul, the trajectory has always been positive over time, even if not linear. 

I had similar setbacks as you the last two times I was sick, (one confirmed Covid, one respiratory virus, probably Covid) but then eventually made it back to my baseline within months. Hopefully that will be the case for you. I do fear getting long covid, and I sometimes suspect that when old timers are coming back here with setbacks over years, but I don’t know how common that is. Maybe some of the veterans here have some input on that regard. Do you think you had Covid when you got sick? I find it incredibly uncanny that psychotropic WD presents so much like long covid, which leads me to believe perhaps the remedy is the same or similar. 

The DPDR you described is so otherworldly frightening. I’m so sorry you are experiencing that. But good news there too! Mine has subsided, and at least if it comes back, now I have a name and explanation of what it is. When it started I had no idea whatsoever what was happening. I was terrified. 

One symptom I don’t talk about much, but I think you have it too, (I think it was you that mentioned it) is the intermittent trigeminal neuralgia type pain, but it is accompanied by an inflamed feeling in my gums, and a moment type disorder that I would self diagnose as oromandibular dystonia. It’s not constant and seems to be triggered by weather pressure and chemical sensitivity most of the time. Who knows if it was the benzos, polypharmacy kindling during CT or yet another symptom of my preexisting migraine condition. It can also come from dental work or extractions, and I’ve had a lot of work on that upper quadrant, including last summer and also in the summer of 2020, when it ramped up to a new degree. I just try to distract myself from it because I’m not getting another MRI unless the pain becomes debilitating severe (which it can on occasion) and the treatment suggested by my neurologist is anticonvulsants and/or surgery. No thanks! I’ll cope. My dentist had zero suggestions. 

I had all of your symptoms last summer, plus some. I am much improved, and I bet you will be too! Year three brought me significant healing, and year four is looking promising as well. Hold on! You’ve got this. 

Are you able to work and are you currently working? 

On 17/05/2024 at 04:31, [[G...] said:

It is a feeling of squeezing, constriction in the midsection area usually which comprises torso, back. It can cycle round involving the rib cage. It feels often as a burning, sharp, stinging, burning pulling pain in the rib because there are. Us kea that tighten and spasms placing pressure on the surrounding ribs.

Exact.