Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anti-Inflammatory Nutrition

[or...]

Anti-inflammatory is a word that has come up time and time again to do with pain so I started comparing my diet to say, the Standard American Diet, and saw mine was minus many inflammatory foods.  I'll put a link I found below  that lists all foods I don't eat, except the dairy, I have no issue with yogurt, butter, or the Heavy Whipping Cream I use: Quora Website on Inflammatory Foods

Weighing in on nutritional info after being diagnosed with T2 Diabetes around 3 years ago, has changed my health for the better.  That might sound crazy, having T2 but my over-all health is better, but it's true.  I didn't want to take the metformin that was offered, and I was determined to look into everything I could find on the internet first. Going low carb was what I decided to do.  I still don't know how I gave up so many things to eat that I loved, but that's what I did.  I do live alone so there weren't any temptations for foods others were eating.  I was determined, and still am as I see the results which have been low A1c's, in the normal range, and I lost back to my normal weight.

I don't have much pain, if any, a few aches here and there, but the only real pain I experience during this taper is migraine.  Those of you that have migraine will understand so I wont' describe it, but it is not like a regular headache.  There are a lot of foods I no longer eat so I'll just say I eat about 30g, usually under, of carbs a day.

Of course I'm hoping that some of you will be able to limit the inflammatory, type foods you may eat now, and find you have less pain.  I don't know if eating low-carb, anti-inflammatory foods has helped with other wd sxs I have, I just know that the type of taper I've been taught here is allowing me to carry on with my daily activities and routines.  Some days are better than others, but I'm basically, pain-free as I mentioned above except for migraine pain, and it is rare I get one.  I think I've had only 2 in 9 months of taper,

Sending hope and encouragement to everyone, oregonlady :smitten::thumbsup:

PS Questions and especially how you are handling inflammation/pain are so welcome as I love to learn!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again. I remember you from earlier.

What I do to reduce inflammation:

I eat fruit, take a high dose of omega 3(one where the fat is not rancid) I drink moderate amount of coffee as it has antinflamatory effects in the brain. Im mindfull about my omega 3 to omega 6 ratio. I dont have diabetes, but I take vanadium(a mineral) and chromium as a preventice measure. I have a bacterial Pneumonia at the moment, so im on an antibiotic(no adverse effect) .

• Like 1

Hi @LemonSoda, thank you for sharing your methods, it's always good for me to see what others are doing to fight pain (inflamation), oregonlady :balloon: