Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Is this normal??

I have been getting sudden onset of extremely scary symptoms at 18 months off. I will get sudden shocks travelling into my head and electrical surges into my heart that turn into intense head pressure and tight chest etc feels like I am having a heart attack. I will start shaking because I am freezing and will physically vibrate and then my brain will start shutting down. I can’t see or hear properly, I can’t speak (my jaw won’t move when I try and talk) and I lose all cognitive processing power in my head. It’s like my brain just starts shutting down and I feel like I’m having some sort of aneurism or stroke or something it’s that severe. It will literally feel like my brain will die and I will pass out because of it. I’m 27 and otherwise healthy before this but it’s so intense it’s like there’s no way this can’t be leading to some sort of stroke or heart attack. Is this normal? It would be good to hear from people with similar issues.

I’ve just had an episode again today but it each time it leaves my brain feeling more damaged afterwards, my memory will be left worse, my cognitive abilities feel worse, my connection to all my senses feel worse, and just left feeling extremely fatigued with really bad head pressure.

Can anyone relate?

I’ve read that impending doom can precede serious medical events as well and this feeling is so severe I feel something might happen. It’s also so strange for this whole set of symptoms to start after a year and a half? That also makes me think like this isn’t withdrawal?

The majority of the time these symptoms are all linked to withdrawal. Ashton said it's common for new symptoms to appear. However it's impossible for us to tell 100% if it's withdrawal related or not. Have you discussed these symptoms with your doctor? If not, I suggest you do, even if it's just to get peace of mind.

16 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I have been getting sudden onset of extremely scary symptoms at 18 months off. I will get sudden shocks travelling into my head and electrical surges into my heart that turn into intense head pressure and tight chest etc feels like I am having a heart attack. I will start shaking because I am freezing and will physically vibrate and then my brain will start shutting down. I can’t see or hear properly, I can’t speak (my jaw won’t move when I try and talk) and I lose all cognitive processing power in my head. It’s like my brain just starts shutting down and I feel like I’m having some sort of aneurism or stroke or something it’s that severe. It will literally feel like my brain will die and I will pass out because of it. I’m 27 and otherwise healthy before this but it’s so intense it’s like there’s no way this can’t be leading to some sort of stroke or heart attack. Is this normal? It would be good to hear from people with similar issues.

I’ve just had an episode again today but it each time it leaves my brain feeling more damaged afterwards, my memory will be left worse, my cognitive abilities feel worse, my connection to all my senses feel worse, and just left feeling extremely fatigued with really bad head pressure.

Can anyone relate?

This sounds awful! I can relate to feelings of sheer panic. I'm not off yet, but I've slowed way down. I feel most anxious sometimes upon waking up. What do you do when this happens? Does anything help alleviate some of these symptoms? I get outside and walk or run. Sometimes a very warm bath will help, other times a cold shower. I've had head pressure where it feels like my head is about to explode, and placing a warm hot water bottle against the back of my neck relieved the pressure. What helps you?

I like to think of it like it's the brain updating itself, rewiring electrical connections.

I would go to er for reassurance. You'll be able to rest and know what exactly is happening. 

I know there are lots of sick people in hospital but I would weigh it out,  ask myself if I would feel better knowing what's up.

I do hope u feel better soon, i know withdrawal can last for yrs for some buy it's the unknown that we question.

I would get checked out by a doctor for piece of mind.  A lot of what you are describing sounds like adrenaline rushes.  With the electrical rushes in the chest, head pressure, fatigue afterwards etc.  I used to get these really bad.   It's caused by axiety.

Edited by [12...]
  • Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 02:31, [[T...] said:

This sounds awful! I can relate to feelings of sheer panic. I'm not off yet, but I've slowed way down. I feel most anxious sometimes upon waking up. What do you do when this happens? Does anything help alleviate some of these symptoms? I get outside and walk or run. Sometimes a very warm bath will help, other times a cold shower. I've had head pressure where it feels like my head is about to explode, and placing a warm hot water bottle against the back of my neck relieved the pressure. What helps you?

Tallgirl,  I found this Info, o hope you'll check it out in think below.

I promise you it will help u understand the symptoms your having and take some of the fear from u. I know it did me.

I hope this helps u

Take care, ns

https://www.benzoinfo.com/ashtonmanual/chapter3/#sensory-hypersensitivity

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2024 at 12:28, [[K...] said:

Can anyone relate?

I can. 

• 4 months later...

I have constant head pressure usually at the back of my head with nerve pains but also get these weird surges from my head. Sometimes they shoot down my neck or explode in my spine, chest, arms, legs. It's horrible. I feel electrocuted. 

Yes same, think for some it’s normal I guess bc we have it and yet somehow this stuff goes hi away bc I’ve read others having neuro stuff that got better. No timeframe for any of us bc our dang systems are all so different which is upsetting to never know but just keep doing the best you can to make it thru the day and baby your nervous system the best you can. 
yoga nidra, qigong, tapping or just havening, dark cool rooms, our bodies fit some reason just need to sort out stuff electrically and will eventually. 

sending hugs. This all is not ok and I’m sorry you’re in the thick of it. 

This all being said, doing a good blood work check of thyroid’s hormones etc and ekg just to look at everything and maybe have a functional dr order since they know stuff yo look at traditional med drs don’t…. Just to give some peace of mind bc they can be slightly helpful to know things are technically ok from that perspective. Doesn’t mean we aren’t suffering but just ruling out is always good for us to know.