Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

URGENT! Need help with temazepam/Restoril capsule water taper

As of tomorrow, I will have 117 days of Temazepam (Restoril) for insomnia 30 mg capsules left.  Dr. will not prescribe it (or any other benzo) again.  I know it's not advised, but I will need to taper in just under 4 month's time.

I am horrible at math.  How many ml's of water should I use and how many mls should I remove from the glass each night to accomplish this? 

Here's a link to my story:  https://benzobuddies.org/topic/274632-help-continue-with-a-2nd-cold-turkey/

Edited by [Pa...]

Hi @[Pa...], I’m terrible at math too so I’ve asked someone to drop by to help.  I’ll keep an eye on this thread just in case.

OK the easy thing to do is to get a jar which will hold more than 117 mL of water.

Each morning, open one of your capsules and pour the powder in the jar.  Add a few drops of Vodka to help break it down (if you skip this step, then your have to stir really well).

Add 117 mL of water.  Stir well.

Then,

On Day 1, remove 1 mL of the mixture and drink the rest

On Day 2, remove 2 mL of the mixture and drink the rest.

And so on for 117 days.

THAT IS THE EASY THING TO BUT IT WASTES BENZOs.

You could also taper using the 10 percent method, eyeballing the powder (you could try a scale but those are tricky at low weights).

For this method, you would break open the capsule and use a razor blade to separate into 10 piles.   Then, each reduction is 1 pile.  For example, on day one, you eat 9 of the piles and save the 10th one.

After each reduction, hold for 10 days or until your symptoms are tolerable enough to continue.  Since you have 117 pills left and you are saving the powder not used, you will not run out.

• Like 1