Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Family?

I've read that a lot of people's families shun them for this issue. It seems like people can only understand more palpable issues such as cancer, paralysis, etc, etc. I admit that these conditions are heartbreaking, but this is a serious issue as well (can only imagine someone who has a life threatening illness, and is on benzos...) My own mother commented today that my life is "sucky" What a cut throat b.

Can/have some of you had altercations with your family members? How do you deal with it? I'm fairly confident that I won't talk to many of my family members after I get on my feet again. I feel only cowards run away from those they "love" in their time of need. Hell, I don't even bring it up that much to them- maybe once every few months, and that is still too much!

Sorry I needed to vent a little more. Hopefully I'll meet new people in the future who don't have rocks where their hearts should be :thumbsup:

Hi Ben zolo, This is Mishi... I am sorry for your pain with family member's. i have the same issues..I hope you are doing well.. I hear what you are saying so clearly... All my family member's do not want to deal with me...They think I am crazy.. Oh, Ben zolo, I cannot trust anyone anymore, and it is sad.  I need the help from my family member's because of what I am going thru.. I am still on the posen, and only bb can help me now..  I am afraid to continue the journey because of the posen but I have to keep going forward... I just do not know what to do when I am home,and do need some assistance with driving, w/d cooking,  etc..I am so scared... I live at home with my son who is 15, and will not come near me and I cannot act myself.. My hubby who can be mean sometimes and has biplor which is not his fault... He cannot help me either.. I am in a bad situation at home and do not know how to heal in this environment.. Maybe you have a suggestion for me?  I hope you can get back to me and let me know what you think?  I hope things for you turned around right now and family is better towards you and you are on your way to a new life.. Let me know how you are doing?  Hope to hear from you soon..Luv, Mishi