Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When will it end? Anyone tempted to reinstate?

[Gr...]

10 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Hi grace 2023 the maxfacial have blamed my facial pain tight facial muscles got worse after dentist wrongly though extracting my top teeth would aliviate it but made things worse I've took all sorts of polypharmacey tablets they have not worked and now I'm left bedridden in pain and I have sjrogens now an autoimmune disease hope you are coping🙏

P s they put it down to stress

• Like 1

Does anyobe know or think why I would be primarily  numb in my nasal passages yet the ENT vould not detect thst? He did use numbing spray to run the camera io there, so how would he know numb from numb?

Sorry to complain, but I can't find anyone with this same thing so I feel lost without any info to go on. I want this to end. Someone is pulking off the center of my face. Please, God.

Someone is scalping me. Headache too. Can't figure this WD out. Bizarre. I need a sign very soon. This is puttibg me in a dark plsce

Edited by [Gr...]
typo

I am petrified this will not go away. What about those Dr Witt-Doerring videos about permanent damage? 

I've never been so afraid in my life 

Doesn't the benzo calm us once again when we return to it? Wouldn't I know then if this is permanent damsge if the Xanax doesn't adjust (reverse) this? 

If I took 2 small doses in 2 days, would that set me back? Back from where? This could go on a year. I want to believe I'm in acute, but these are different symptoms. I hsven't seen them listed as acute. Getting set back from what could be year doesn'tcseem do far back. Am I wrong?  I csn't function.  My symptoms don't minimize symptons of other people. I can only speak for myself and this is horrific.

Edited by [Gr...]
grammar

God, give me strength to accept this. Difficult based on symptoms location. I am imagining I have some weird thing. Circulation? Coincidentally went bad after stopping Xanax? Try getting my doc to test for that. I did have a carotid artery test (bc of the numbing) and it was good -- very pleased. Too bad doc doesn't understand WD. 

I promise when or IF I get better that I will go to high schools & colleges to speak about the danger of these drugs. Maybe I can write an article in AARP Magazine since many seniors are prescribed.

Grace said>>>

@[An...] You are back on valium and tapering with Lexapro as buffer? Is that right? You have been on V since ending K in 2006?

Correct Grace. I eventually got stable and even went back to work after I decided I would just stay on the valium. That was a huge mistake. I should have slowly started to taper the valium at some point but I did not. I waited until I became tolerant to the valium. 🤬 The Lexapro is really helping. Professor Heather Ashton even talks about the pros and cons of adding an AD during benzo w/d.

• Like 1

@[An...] I see why in anorher post to me you thought I'd get through this in reasonable time because it's my first time and wasn't on X and Ambien as long as others who have gone back once or more and on them very long. I hope your taper is smooth. 2006 to now seems long.

@[Gr...]Yeah, from 2006 to now is a long time but I decided I was just going to stay on the valium for life, that is until I started to become tolerant and sick from the valium. Usually, the longer you have been on these things, the harder it will be to detox them, but that is not always true. The dose you were on is also another factor. I have never been on really large doses of benzos, but I have taken them for a very long time. Even after the inpatient CT benzo detox, I was put on 20 mgs of valium by my PCP. I thought this was way too much and I was quickly able to reduce down to 5 mgs, get stable, and I thought to myself I am stable so I will stay here for the remainder of my life.....oh boy was I wrong. I have read posts by others in https://www.drugs.com/  for example of ppl who have been on 5 mgs of valium for over 30 years, never have become tolerant and say they will continue to take the drug for the rest of their lives. These ppl are lucky in that they never seem to experience tolerance to any significant degree. They are however (IMO) the exceptions and not the rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Someone is scalping me. Headache too. Can't figure this WD out. Bizarre. I need a sign very soon. This is puttibg me in a dark plsce

Sorry grace 2023 you are suffering so much I get those symptoms and I'm only in my first week hope you feel better soon🥰

• Like 1

Again, my right ear is red, hot, burning. Something new since yesterday.. Skin on sides of nose is raw. Burning neck. Of course now that it's night, I have swollen nasal passages and entire nose is numb, plus pressure in my face with a headache. Every fr*aking night.

Still, does anyone else have this?

Any ideas why I have in these areas? 

Strange it comes at night. I hope I'm not missing anything by not checking circulation.

I'm trying to distract. I made meatloaf with broccoli. Now watching Hulu. Trying to ignore this and fight it.  I haven't slept in 2 nights. I hope this doesn't keep me up again.

I am reporting these new symptoms to the FDA and update my last report. They need to know so the. withdrawal can be taken seriously.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Very bad tonight. I read Xanax reviews online and people say they had withdrawal for 5 years. This can't be.

What website were you reading?

• Like 1

@[An...] I'm in a horrible frame of mind. I don't know why my R ear is red and inflamed just like that. Anxiety from the WD? It's showing up in new places. I am very scared. I am swollen and numb. My head throbs. Ears are always ringing  I am scared this won't go away. 

Is it safe to try the Cymbalta, maybe relieve this pain? 

Some people have to come out of this after acute? I don't drink or smoke. No recreational drugs.I took X and Amb for 3.5 yrs. Sometimes I'd miss a dose.  God help me.

1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

Again, my right ear is red, hot, burning. Something new since yesterday.. Skin on sides of nose is raw. Burning neck. Of course now that it's night, I have swollen nasal passages and entire nose is numb, plus pressure in my face with a headache. Every fr*aking night.

Still, does anyone else have this?

Any ideas why I have in these areas? 

Strange it comes at night. I hope I'm not missing anything by not checking circulation.

I'm trying to distract. I made meatloaf with broccoli. Now watching Hulu. Trying to ignore this and fight it.  I haven't slept in 2 nights. I hope this doesn't keep me up again.

I am reporting these new symptoms to the FDA and update my last report. They need to know so the. withdrawal can be taken seriously.

Benzo w/d can cause some really bizarre troublesome SXs. My symptoms are mostly in my torso (chest pressure, heart palps, underneath burning skin sensation in chest and back, some face burning. Why some ppl experience these bizarre SXs mostly in one part of the body and someone else might experience these in another is really a mystery. For example, I have never had the head and face pressure SXs. The pressure is mostly in my torso. For others, it mostly affects them in the body's limbs and extremities....go figure. These strange SXs can be really unnerving. It is always a good idea to get medical clearance to ensure nothing serious is going on. The burning skin seems like classic benzo w/d.

• Like 1

This Xanax prescribing info about withdrawal and reduction is limited. The taper they initially suggest is modest and shorter than what I did. They say "the daily dosage be decreased by no.more than 0.5 mg every three days."

If I hadcdone that with 1mg I would gave been done in 9 days? Am I reading this right?

Dose Reduction 
Because of the danger of withdrawal, abrupt discontinuation of treatment should be avoided (see WARNINGS, PRECAUTIONS, DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE). In all patients, dosage should be reduced gradually when discontinuing therapy or when decreasing the daily dosage. Although there are no systematically collected data to support a specific discontinuation schedule, it is suggested that the daily dosage be decreased by no.more than 0.5 mg every three days. Some patients may require an even slower dosage 
reduction.

In any case, reduction of dose must be undertaken under close supervision and must be gradual. If significant withdrawal symptoms develop, the previous dosing schedule should be 
reinstituted and, only after stabilization, should a less rapid schedule of discontinuation be 
attempted. In a controlled postmarketing discontinuation study of panic disorder patients which compared this recommended taper schedule with a slower taper schedule, no difference was observed between the groups in the proportion of patients who tapered to zero dose; 
however, the slower schedule was associated with a reduction in symptoms associated with a 
withdrawal syndrome. It is suggested that the dose be reduced by no more than 0.5 mg every 3 days, with the understanding that some patients may benefit from an even more gradual 
discontinuation. Some patients may prove resistant to all discontinuation regimens. 
Reference ID: 3004871

@[An...] According to the prescribing info, they don't elaborate on acute withdrawal. 

I am at endxif my rope. I'll taje typical symptoms manufacturer lists so I know they are conmon. I want this to end. This us a plague. I am waiting for my flu shot bc I won't know if I getcside effects.

It has to be easier going back on this junk. Now I am desperate and need to take Cymbalta to maybe get me through. All things I never wanted to do. 

How is the Lexapro helping you in what way? Ixdo feel anxious bc of this pain and my fear of where I'm headed.I know I'm in a dark place right now.

On 9/25/2023 at 7:54 PM, [[G...] said:

@[Wi...] Thank you. I see these benzos want to hijack our bodies even when they should be out of our system.  

"You don’t have protracted symptoms. 

Protracted means one is still experiencing some symptoms over 18 months into their recovery. 

You are panicking that you will end up with a protracted recovery, but there is no way you can possibly know that. 

The fear you are experiencing is a symptom in itself. It will tell you all sorts of lies."

So, I don't have protracted -- yet -- if I ever will. Does that typically start later on?  Where does this facial swelling apply? I don't see it in acute or protracted lists anywhere. It's such an odd symptom of something. I can't figure it out to fix it.  I don't know where to go with this. 

I don't know why I have such an odd symptom. I'm not saying the burning sensation, but my face being swelled up.  I can't figure out what this is.  My nose is swollen! Ridiculous.  Why?  My cheeks are so swollen they make my eyes look swollen because they push up my lower lids. WTH could this be?  Benzo withdrawal?  Does withdrawal affect kidneys?  I haven't read that I don't seem to have odd urine or flank pain..

Does withdrawal cause skin inflammation? Does it cause a skin infection? I haven't read that.

Does withdrawal cause sinus problems? I haven't read that either. 

Along with the swelling, I do have numbness and burning in these areas. If it was just burning and numbness without any swelling, then I would understand that would be nerves or something like that and could be the parasthesia.  Again, this swelling doesn't add up.

I have to get rid of this. I'm like a circus freak as I had mentioned in another post.

What do I do?

I also have facial swelling and total body swelling too. Here is my story:

• Sad 1

@[Cu...] Oh wow. I am so sorry.  How are you coping? Strict diet and eliminations doesn't make a difference? 

What is doing that?  How could the withdrawal still be doing this and no one can figure it out? 

These mads destroy us. I am angry.  I don't feel the same anymore. I don't want to go out. This has consumed me because ai can't fix it. I am very disappointed in myself for not recognizing the danger. I hate what this has done to me. 

How do you carry on?

I am broken. I am burning 24/7. Now my eyes are again being affected. I am truly scared. Scared here is permanent damage. Do you ever feel thar way? 

This is a nightmare. Are you scared?  I am very afraid of this and what could pop up. I am in a dark place. How do you keep going? I am ready to give up. I will try an AD for the pain. If it doesn't work and this is not gone, I will have to make a plan. I am weaker than you and many. I don't want to keep fighting an evil spirit.

I wish you will get better. Knowing this is still affecting you and getting worse, I really don't think I will get better. Too many people are still suffering. Why would I be the one who heals?

Edited by [Gr...]
typo

After reading other stories how could I think I am the special one who will magically be better? .

Seems like when you get these things they are here to stay.

I haven't been sleeping because of the pain from whatever rhis is.

I don't have enough will as others. I give them a lot of credit. I will give this a few weeks. Then, I don't know what I will do. I hate those meds!

Edited by [Gr...]
condensed

12 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

@[Cu...] Have you gone to a plastic surgeon? A dermatologist? I am going to a plastic surgeon. They know alll about the skin.

For me this is swelling of the subcutaneous fat throughout the body. It increases with food containing carbs. That's why taking an enzyme complex helps me a little.

3 hours ago, [[G...] said:

@[Cu...] Oh wow. I am so sorry.  How are you coping? Strict diet and eliminations doesn't make a difference? 

What is doing that?  How could the withdrawal still be doing this and no one can figure it out? 

These mads destroy us. I am angry.  I don't feel the same anymore. I don't want to go out. This has consumed me because ai can't fix it. I am very disappointed in myself for not recognizing the danger. I hate what this has done to me. 

How do you carry on?

I am broken. I am burning 24/7. Now my eyes are again being affected. I am truly scared. Scared here is permanent damage. Do you ever feel thar way? 

This is a nightmare. Are you scared?  I am very afraid of this and what could pop up. I am in a dark place. How do you keep going? I am ready to give up. I will try an AD for the pain. If it doesn't work and this is not gone, I will have to make a plan. I am weaker than you and many. I don't want to keep fighting an evil spirit.

I wish you will get better. Knowing this is still affecting you and getting worse, I really don't think I will get better. Too many people are still suffering. Why would I be the one who heals?

Yes, diet helps. The elimination diet helped me identify foods that cause swelling. And I excluded almost all of it. Wobenzym helps me digest other foods.

I hope someday we will get better. Thank you!

[af...]