Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Don't think I'll last. Too much for me

[Gr...]

I personally do not take anything now before doing my own research. We all have access to this information via the Internet. Doctors and pharmacists should tell you but regardless, I do my own research now. It is very easy to do. No one cares about you more than you.

When I was put on Xanax in the mid-1980s, there was no Google and virtually very few ppl had internet access.

• Like 1

I do that now and then and I should know better with all medications because I've gotten very ill from new stuff I was given, for example, clindamycin antibiotic.  With Ambien, I wasn't too concerned because I used it in the past on and off and I didn't use it everyday. The Xanax is another story. I honestly thought I could just stop taking it when I had enough of it.  I didn't think of withdrawal at all. I ignorantly thought that withdrawal was with alcohol and hard recreational drugs when abused.  This was prescribed so I never gave it a thought.  Had I been warned, like I should have been, I would have read up on it and would have stopped way in the beginning. The doctor didn't warn me. He wants regular customers he can push pills on.  He has many complaints and I heard a lot of lawsuits. I heard he knows how to weasel out of them. He has disregard for people. I am a senior (in age, not mind) and he started me with over the rec dosage for my age group. It's wrong. 

I will be writing a state complaint about him. Many people don't think of a state complaint. They just go to small claims or something else. The state is the place to go. The state will investigate his practice and see if he is following the law. I guarantee he is not because I read the state's policy on benzos. I filed a state complaint against a veterinarian who I believed broke laws and subsequently killed my 6-year old healthy dog during a routine dental cleaning. He was investigated to see how he operates and what he did with my dog and maybe other pets.  He was reprimanded (permanent record), had to go back to school for record keeping, and had to pay hefty fines. I may have saved other pets' lives.  I want to see this doc reprimanded, too. I may save someone's life.