Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

JOIN US FOR AN HOUR OF GRATEFULNESS EACH DAY

[Ma...]

Dear Buddies,

As hard as this journey is, I have learned how beneficial it is to think of those things for which I am grateful and to share them with others.  It has really helped to lighten the load a bit and puts things in perspective for me.  I have also appreciated the chance to hear what others are grateful for because often times it makes me realize that I have the same thing to be thankful for as well, but the struggle has made it difficult to see it.

When I have been tempted to say, "There is absolutely nothing good about this," something or someone will remind me that if I look just a little bit closer or longer, I will find something.  These things are so important to focus on because much research has proven that what we think and what we say can have an effect on our brains and on healing itself.

The BB administration has approved my request for use of The Sanctuary in chat each day at 2:00 p.m. USA Eastern time for "An Hour of Gratefulness".  Please join us if you would like to share something or if you just want to hang out and be inspired.  Please keep your posts as positive as possible (believe me I know it's a huge discipline for me!) so that we can help fuel our healing and encourage one another.  This will be your time talk about triumphs large and small, what this experience is teaching you, or anything else for which you are grateful!  Chat rules still apply for The Sanctuary.

WE WILL START THIS CHAT ON SUNDAY, JUNE 26.  If this time is not convenient, please PM me and if there are enough responses/interest in changing the time, I will discuss it with Pamster.  Please know that I would like 2-3 of you to join with me to keep this going in case there is a day that one of us can't make it.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Love,

Mary

Sounds wonderful can you please remind me when?  Hope you are well Mishi

Marantha-

I just wanted to mention that to get into The Sanctuary you click on the arrows at the top of the chat screen in the blue bar that says "Whats Happening" and select the room you want to enter. 

A few of us did not know how to do that and KC Lee gave us all a tutorial in chat.  There may be others that aren't sure how to do that.  Most of us try clicking the arrows to the right of the screen and get frustrated.

Looking forward to Gratitude Chat!

Tamzo

I ran into that too Tamzo the first few times I tried to figure it out...I've replied to a couple of people how to do it, but thanks for posting that here!

Love ya

Mary

I'm glad that it went well. I'm sorry that I didn't get in as I had company but hope to make it next week. I have so much to be grateful for.  :)

Frannie

We're renaming this time POSITIVE POWER HOUR since it more accurately reflects what we are sharing--things we are grateful for, things that help us keep our eyes on the prize, things that we have learned about the healing effect of attitude and thought, etc.

Hope to see you there!

Love,

Mary

• 1 month later...

Hi Mary,

I was scouting around the forum and came upon this. Have missed touching base with you in chat and the positive power hour, and thought to write and say that I hope you will come to the gratitude thread and post again; it's such a good way to kind of know where people are at and like the info you have posted here, we know that gratitude helps us heal.

Here is the link; I hope you will post again, and I hope you are doing well.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=32722.msg509688;boardseen#new

Peace and blessings,

Grace~

:balloon: