A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

OCD issues after 14 years of benzos and a 3 day taper under a doctors care

[js...]

It has been 8 months since I had my 3 day taper in January 2023, after being on Xanax/ klonopin for 14 years (2009).. I am having bad ocd problems where I have to film myself locking doors. I am struggling to function at work. Does anyone else have ocd issues?

Hello @[js...]  I  had bouts of OCD, not exteme, other members have had this in withdrawal.

Here are a couple of threads, if you search you should find more.

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/154239-ocd/#comment-2131012

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/234706-can-anything-help-ocd-type-symptoms-and-intrusive-thoughts-desperate/#comment-3074298

Magrita:smitten:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Hello @[js...]  I  had bouts of OCD, not exteme, other members have had this in withdrawal.

Here are a couple of threads, if you search you should find more.

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/154239-ocd/#comment-2131012

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/234706-can-anything-help-ocd-type-symptoms-and-intrusive-thoughts-desperate/#comment-3074298

Magrita:smitten:

Thanks 

21 hours ago, [[j...] said:

It has been 8 months since I had my 3 day taper in January 2023, after being on Xanax/ klonopin for 14 years (2009).. I am having bad ocd problems where I have to film myself locking doors. I am struggling to function at work. Does anyone else have ocd issues?

How did you manage a ,3day taper what mgs were they.congratulations on achieving this I've had ocd in the past it is a stress thing I was told stay strong namaste 🙏

Welcome @[js...] to BB. I feel for you, I have not ever had OCD, but I have friends that have had it, and I think it has lessened for one, not entirely gone yet, but much better. I am sure, that like all things with benzo tapering or post taper, it will get better in time. Just do the best you can...when you can. Stay Strong. 💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Welcome @[js...] to BB. I feel for you, I have not ever had OCD, but I have friends that have had it, and I think it has lessened for one, not entirely gone yet, but much better. I am sure, that like all things with benzo tapering or post taper, it will get better in time. Just do the best you can...when you can. Stay Strong. 💖Peace and Healing.

Thanks 

14 hours ago, [[m...] said:

How did you manage a ,3day taper what mgs were they.congratulations on achieving this I've had ocd in the past it is a stress thing I was told stay strong namaste 🙏

Thanks! I don’t know how I survived really. I’m barely able to function but they say it will get better. The most I was prescribed was 4mgs of Xanax a day.  

@[js...],

Sorry, I thought that I could help you with some information. But, I did not realize that you have been off of the benzos for eight months already and I do not have any experience dealing with withdrawal symptoms after stopping benzos.

I am currently tapering off of a high dosage of Klonopin (15 years of Xanax and Klonopin use). I have noticed that I am also experiencing an increase in my already existing OCD condition. Also, I am starting to show signs of ADHD. However, I believe that these withdrawal symptoms are tolerable for me because I am tapering very slowly. It will be well over a year until I am benzo free.

I wish you the best in your recovery and I apologize again for not being able to provide you with useful information regarding the symptoms that you are experiencing.

George