A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

dumb question / reassurance? - windows/waves

[tr...]

I feel like this is such a dumb question or maybe I am just looking for reassurance? Either way I apologize in advanced.. :wacko:

From my understanding, windows and waves happen at all times during taper plus post taper correct?

I've been holding for a bit over a month after a 25-50% reduction depending on how you look at it and while i'm not even close to done with my taper, I took my regular .5 xanax in the morning around 6:30am and my afternoon dose of .25 at 1:30pm (prior to taper was alternating between 1mg to 1.5 mg a day). I've had ups and downs throughout the past few weeks, especially at night when the medicine is wearing off (start feeling it around 6pm ish -- I guess that's the interdose withdrawl. I tried dosing more often throughout the day to avoid interdose withdrawls but my morning was TERRIBLE that day and was scared to test it again. 

However last night, i felt so calm and just overall, good. I felt healthy, I was able to think clearly, I just laid in bed and was thanking god for getting a glimpse of what I hope to expect after I finish healing. Can I officially consider this a window or not yet since i'm not completely off the meds? 

:balloon:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sounds like a window. Your body is settling into the dosing intervals. Enjoy those windows! You will likely feel windows and waves throughout your taper and for a few months after as the receptors upgrade and is restored back to what it was before the benzo use. They will come at odd times, but know that they are normal and reflect healing and restoration.

• Love 1

You can experience windows during tapering or after you've jumped. I've had some of my best windows while tapering. I would definitely say you had a window. And I would save this post for future when things get rough again as a reminder of the beautiful days awaiting you. :smitten:

• Love 1